• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 599 Views, 8 Comments

Bringing Nightmare's Back - Sparkler-iFIC



Nightmare Moon has waited in hiding all of these years... At last now's her chance to strike. It would seem like an ordinary winter, if not during the middle of summer. The darkest hour has come...

  • ...
 8
 599

Plan's are Beginning (Part 1)

It was a winter day, in Equestria. Cold, and bitter. Down in Ponyville things were nice and happy, all the ponies were outside, frolicking in the snow, and playing around with their little games of snow ball fights, towering forts and snowponies. Life in Equestria was great- expect for one "small" thing. In Canterlot it wasn't happy, and it was far from it indeed! The floors of the Canterlot City were frozen. There had been almost ten accidents already. Four lived but the other six died from major head injury. Things in Canterlot weren't going so well...

It was far to cold and the snow up on the Canterlot mountain began to pile to high, some of it toppling over the City walls leaving ponies blocked inside a house with no escape. No pony could call for help. Any Pegasi in Canterlot couldn't fly because of the extreme cold temperatures.

Princess Celestia was inside her sleeping chambers wearing, a warm hat along with a long warm scarf. She wore a very comfortable blanket/cape to keep herself warm, in these temperatures. Celestia looked in the mirror before hearing something, small and faint. her ears perked up, listening. She sighed closing her eyes, "My dear sister..." She turned her head slightly so one of her eye looked to her. It was Nightmare Moon laying down in Celestia's bed. She gave a grin, narrowing her eyes. Celestia gave a small quick gasp turning her entire head to face Nightmare Moon, but... She was gone. And it was just the little Princess Luna sleeping on the bed, like she was before. It was just her eyes tricking her again, she presumed.

Celestia's eyes softened, as she walked over to Luna, who was snuggled up in Celestia's bed. She gave a soft smile, as she keeled down and gave her sister a soft kiss on the forehead. "Stay warm dear sister..." She said calmly, before getting up, and walking out to the balcony. She took a seat on the salt covered stone, and looked out to the Equestrian land. The place was completely white and blue, covered in ice. Frozen...

Celestia sighed with a small frown, "What is causing this snow? We are at peace, -harmony! Everything is happy, and no pony is angry at each other even through these harsh times. It can't be Windigoes... There isn't this much hate in all of Equestria... I feel like I'm blind! Like something is staring me right in the face, and it's the answer... But I can't see it." She sighed closing her eyes, as she felt the cold wind rush past her sending a cold shiver down her spine.

While in the mean time, Luna was in her bed. Not asleep... Luna's body was facing Celestia when Celestia's back faced her. Luna's eyes opened, neon blue with black slits...