• Published 17th May 2015
  • 4,145 Views, 129 Comments

My Glory - Eclipse Guardian



Within the mare known as Twilight Sparkle, there is a darkness that wishes to raise her up high as Empress of Equestria. But where did this darkness come from and why is it so set upon Twilight?

  • ...
18
 129
 4,145

Hidden Shadows

-13 Years ago-

Princess Celestia frowned at the report on her desk. “They don't give up do they?” Over the last two months, a mysterious group of ponies and other species, began to raid several of the smaller towns across Equestria's borders. Celestia sent her best soldiers to deal with the issue, while she took care of the refugees coming into Canterlot.

“I'm afraid not Princess. Two-hundred and twenty four ponies have escaped the raids. No serious injuries, Your Majesty.” Reported the scout stallion before the Princess's desk.

Nodding, Celestia replied. “Very good, Golden Shield. You're dismissed.” Giving the stallion a warm smile, she waved him out.

“Princess.” Said the scout before bowing and stepping out the door.

After shutting the door close with her magic, Princess Celestia sighed before standing up and shelving the report on a nearby shelf. Celestia made her way to the balcony outside her office. “Hmm?” Humming to herself, Celestia noticed a little lavender filly reading a book upon on the benches in her private garden. “Oh, it's Twilight.” The sight of her new student always brought a smile to the sun mare's face.

Celestia took Twilight as her personal student a year after the young filly's parents passed away. Twilight was very depressed, and wouldn't come out of her room in the Astronomy Tower, if she wasn't crying her eyes out she was attempting to get closer to the princess. 'It's funny, I became Twilight's second mother soon after I began teaching her. Even though she lost her parents, I'm glad to have her around so much.'

Taking a deep breath Celestia called out. “Twilight! Are you ready for today's lesson!?”

Twilight jumped, accidentally knocking the book she was reading onto the ground. “Um...y-yes Princess! I-I'll be right there!” Twilight picked the book up with her magic, and ran down the castle corridors.

Twilight made a mad dash down the multiple hallways and staircases within the castle. Running past guards and maids, Twilight crashed into a taller, white coated, colt.

“Hey! Watch where you're going, you uncouth mare!” Growled the older pony, as he disentangled himself from Twilight.

“S-s-sorry, Blueblood.” Twilight stammered.

“That's Prince Blueblood, to you Sparkle.” Replied Blueblood. “Besides, where are you going in such a hurry?” He raised an disapproving eyebrow at the shivering Twilight.

“U-um...Princess Celestia has a lesson for me today. So I-I did not want to keep her waiting.”

“I see.” Clearing his throat Blueblood, stood up tall. “Well you better hurry up then, the Princess doesn't have all day.” Blueblood walked past her as she began running again.

“Th-thank you!” Twilight said as she made her way up another staircase.

After a moment of complete silence, Blueblood looked both ways and went into a hidden door at the end of the hallway. He reached into his shirt and pulled out a black crystal and smashed it beneath his hooves.

A dark, hollowing sound filled his ears as an apparition of a cloaked pony came into view. “Have you found her yet, child?”

“I believe I have, her name is Twilight Sparkle of the-”

“-Sparkle lineage. Hmm...I should've figured it would be their child.” The cloaked pony rubbed their chin in thought.

“If I may ask something?” Blueblood asked as he shifted in place.

“You may.”

“What do I get out of helping in...whatever it is you are planning?”

“Power, as I have previously stated from our last meeting.”

“And how do I know that I can trust you to keep your word? And also that no harm will come to my Aunt?” Blueblood pointedly demanded, as he glowered at the apparition.

“You have my absolute word that no harm will come to your Princess. We, of the Cult of the Dark Arts never go back on our promises.” The dark pony bowed his entire body in compose.

Blueblood glared at him for a couple moments before asking. “What is the name of this Goddess you revere so much, just so we're clear. 'Cause remember, that it was because of my help that you even got any of your followers into Canterlot in the first place.”

The cloaked stallion rose up to his full height, eyes aglow with deep power.

...

...

...

“Penumbra” He grinned cruelly before vanishing.