• Published 18th Sep 2015
  • 333 Views, 0 Comments

Crystal Spice - Fireburst Star



An orphaned filly named Crystal Spice is taken in by Princess Cadence, and uncovers secrets that might not be meat to be discovered.

  • ...
 0
 333

Prologue

Crystal Spice backed up. The vines were closing in, she could feel the thorns pricking her pelt.

If I run, I might make it to that gap. Crystal spotted a small gap just big enough for her to fit through. The vines were already reaching toward the gap. She bolted toward it, just as a large, black vine spread across and covered it up.

"What now?" She called in dismay and fear, as the vines twisted, covering the last gap of moonlight that was shining through the the thorns, plunging her into darkness. Her her pumpkin colored coat had lost its crystal shine and was a dull orange, and her tail and mane were flat in fear.

She heard cackling behind her, and spun around to see a shadow with glowing red eyes and fangs looming toward her, closing in, about to suffocate her in darkness...

"Help!" Crystal Spice sat upright in her bed, breathing hard, her coat covered in sweat. The fear faded in her eyes once she realized she was safe at the crystal palace. "Mommy?" she called. She got out of bed and tiptoed through the palace to her adoptive mothers room. "Mommy!" She reached up and turned the knob on the door with her hoof, and slipped through the door. Jumping on the bed, she shook her mother awake.

"Crystal? What are you doing up so late?" the pink princess blinked her eyes sleepily, yawning. "Did you have another bad dream?"

Crystal nodded. "It was the one with the vines again. Could I sleep here tonight?"

Cadence pulled her close and levitated a small blanket over the orange filly. "Sleep tight," she said, kissing Crystal on the forehead.
Yawning, Crystal was soon asleep, this time with peaceful, happy dreams.

<~>

"Pancakes! Crystal, we are all waiting for you to come down and eat with us. Your pancakes are getting cold!" Shining Armor called up to the filly.

Crystal turned over in her bed and put the pillow over her ears, groaning. She hadn't had bad dreams for three days in a row, and she had to admit it, it was the best sleep she had had. Reluctantly, she got up. Stumbling into the bathroom, she stared at herself in the mirror. Her hair was frizzy and tangled like she had just gone to a salon run by Pinkie Pie. Now that would be a disaster. Picking up a brush, she ran it through her hair till it was smooth and shiny, matching the rest of her crystaly appearance.

"Coming down!" Crystal ran of her room, and slid down the staircase that went to the dining room. "Weeeeeeeeeeeee! That was awesome!"

"Crystal, you know you aren't supposed to slide down the staircases! You could get hurt!" her mother scolded her as she got to the bottom of the staircase.

"But crystal is super slippery and is the best for sliding down! That's why they make slides out of them," Crystal stated. "And then if I don't slide down them, it takes forever to get all the way down." she turned to her left. "Right Skyla?" Crystal asked her adoptive sister.

Skyla nodded in confirmation. "Totally. And I can't fly very well yet, and I can't teleport yet, so it is still faster." They high hoofed, smiling at their parents with puppy dog eyes. "So, can we still slide down it?"

"Well I guess it can't hurt...," their father murmured.

"Shining!" Cadence scolded. "Humph. Well I guess I'm out voted. For now."

"Can I have my pancakes now?" Crystal interrupted Shining Armor as he was about to respond to that.

"Yeah, we've been waiting, like, forever," Skyla said as she levitated a chocolate chip to her mouth, under the glare of her mother. "What? I like chocolate."

"Okay, fine. That is enough whipped cream!" the Princess of Love cried as Crystal attempted to empty a whole can of whipped cream onto a single pancake. She snatched the can in her magic and swept it away from the two fillies who were giggling and whispering to each other. "Let's not eat like Pinkie today. You will have that chance tomorrow when they all come to visit." She looked over, exasperated, at her husband. "Who knew being a parent would be this hard."

At this point, the two fillies were laughing their stomachs out, doubled over in laughter. Crystal had landed face first in her whipped cream, she was laughing so hard, and now had a fluffy white beard covering her face.

"What's so funny?" Shining asked.

Shaking with laughter, Skyla held up a photo of Cadence and Shining on their wedding day. She and Crystal had drawn big cartoony mustaches on them and made them have giant, girly eyelashes, and we're currently in the middle of drawing ridiculous doodles all over their bodies. Crystal fell backwards out of her chair in a new bout of laughter, spraying whipped cream beard everywhere, as Shining face hoofed and Cadence groaned and muttered about how her previous statement was 'so totally true.'

"Okay, well, let's all eat now, the pancakes will be below freezing soon!" Crystal ate a stack of five pancakes in one bite. "Yum! These are good! Did Spike like express mail them from Ponyville?" Crystal exclaimed with her mouth full.

"No, Cake Mix made them. She is our new head chef. I assume you like her pancakes?" Cadence said smiling.

"Mmmm hmmm!" Crystal and Skyla said together, having both just taken giant bites out of their pancakes.

"I win!" yelled Skyla.

"No I did!" Crystal argued.

"No I did!"

"Nu uh. I win!"

"Girls!" Cadence spread her wings. "You both win! Agree to disagree."

"Fine."

The rest of breakfast was finished in silence, Crystal managing to eat forty eight pancakes and Skyla managing to eat thirty eight. That was probably because when Cadence wasn't looking, Skyla ate the whole bowl of chocolate chips and two cans of whipped cream. Then she was sent to her room.

"Mom, can I go make my pancake victory hat?" Crystal Spice asked.

Cadence looked at her weirdly. "Okay?" She thought for a moment. "Whatever that is." She whispered to Shining Armor.

The little crystal pony bounced to her room, gathering some scissors, macaroni, and cardboard along the way. She had markers in her room.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this! I know it is kinda short, the next one will be longer. I will be making more chapters, the rest will be based as Crystal Spice as a teenager. This is my first fanfiction, so please no rude comments! I am fine with suggestions for add one, and where I made mistakes so that I can fix them.