• Published 13th May 2015
  • 229 Views, 4 Comments

Thirty Minute or Less - Sea Salt



These are very short stories for the thirty minute challenges. I may make these longer but until then I hope you enjoy.

  • ...
 4
 229

Everypony Loves Pie

Bring went the alarm clock on Sorin’s bedside, he was already up of course. It was so exciting this was the best day ever. He hit the snooze button and snuck downstairs to Spitfire’s room. He placed the alarm clock right beside her head and backed up just as it went off again waking her up.

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHH” Spitfire lifted her arm up and knocked the clock to the floor. She looked around for the intruder who dared interrupt her sleep, she bet on it being Dash she is always pulling this stuff. Her eyes fell on Soarin’s dumb grin. She groaned and covered her head with the pillow.

“What do you want Soarin?” Spitfire asked rather than the ‘get out!’ that she really should of said. Soarin held up a flyer.

Pie in The Sky opening and the date which was today along with a picture of a pie with wings.

“Cute” Spitfire said and rolled over trying to go back to sleep.

“Come on you said you would come and it’s going to open any minute the line is going to be huge already.” Soarin was panicking.

“I’m sure it’ll be fine. It’s a pie shop not Harry Trotter.” Spitfire reasoned.

“You say that, but what if they sell out, what if we can’t get in?” He jumped on the bed. “What if I never have pie again?”

Soarin was too close for Spitfire’s comfort. “If I go with you, do you promise to buy all the breakfast including mine?”

“YES!” Soarin nodded and Spitfire sighed.

“Fine we can go.” Soarin bounced around excitedly. “Curse my kindness. I’m going to regret this.” Spitfire said through a yawn and got up.

10 minutes later they got their bags and flew to the shop. As Spitfire predicted there wasn’t a huge crowd of ponies there was a little, but not enough to worry about. the wall on the entrance side was missing so that Pegasi could fly in with no problem. The simplicity of the design was lost on both of them as they sat down. Spitfire didn’t care because she needed coffee and Soarin was so focused on pie he wouldn’t of notice if Dash did a sonic rainboom right beside his head.

“Welcome to Pie in the Sky.” Greeted an older mare with gray fur. “My name is Sweet Tooth how may I…”

“COFFEE” Spitfire interrupted.

“Of course and for you young stallion?”

“Apple pie please.” Soarin grinned.

“What coffee would you like ma’am?”

“Espresso, please.” Spitfire leaned on the table and yawned.

“One espresso coming up.”

They waited Soarin is bouncing on his seat and Spitfire sipping her coffee. Then it arrived, Soarin couldn’t believe it. The delicate pastry, the smell of perfect apple farm apples the amazing style and grace. Soarin relished each and every bite and took time to admire the taste and the experience. This pie was like nothing he had ever had before. This is the best pie Soarin had ever had and when it was gone he knew there would never be anything better.

“Spitfire you got to have one of these pies.” Spitfire shot up.

“WHAT? YEAH okay, whatever.” She started to eat the pie and it was okay, the pastry was fine, the apples were you know fine. You could tell care went into it, but whatever.

“Can we go now?”

Soarin couldn’t understand why she wasn’t demanding more but she always appreciated pies differently keeping her cool. Tomorrow she will want more he was sure of it.

Author's Note:

27 Minutes 6 Seconds