• Published 10th May 2015
  • 723 Views, 14 Comments

Forced Smiles - Scootaleuz



There are no more smiles. No more parties. No more fun times. All of that, taken away. Can Ponyville survive without Pinkie Pie?

  • ...
5
 14
 723

More on the Case

Author's Note:

I decided to keep chapters short, so I can put them out more often.

The last place Cheese had been was Las Pegasus, so he checked there first. Most of the ponies recognized him, as he was there last week. But this time, Cheese wasn’t traveling for a party. Ponies asked him why he looked as sad as he did, but Cheese didn’t answer. He wasn’t even sure he had one himself. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a Pie to be found in Las Pegasus. Cheese asked everyone if they’d seen a pink pony with bouncy pink hair, but the answer was no. His first stop was a bust.

Twilight walked into the party room, ready for some fun. She’d been busy in Fillydelphia, helping Rarity with one of her fashion shows, but she decided to come anyway. To her surprise, there were few ponies in the room, no Pinkie, and certainly no partying. Rainbow Dash was pacing the room, and Applejack was in the corner, her hat covering her face. “Is there something wrong?”, she asked.

“Pinkie left.”, replied Rainbow Dash. “I’m not sure where she went. She’s probably looking for Cheese Sandwich. She’ll come back, I think. She always does.”.

“Looking for Cheese?”, said Twilight. “Didn’t he come?”

“Well, kinda. He came REALLY late, and Pinkie had already left by then. What, are you gonna leave too?”, said Rainbow, in a clearly sarcastic tone. Twilight thought about it for a second, then gave her answer.

“Why, yes, Rainbow. I am going to go looking for Pinkie Pie. And if you don’t want to join me, fine. I’ll leave on my own.”

“Hey, wait-”, shouted Rainbow, out the window. Twilight left so fast, she couldn’t even tell which direction she went.

After arriving in Fillydelphia, his second stop. Cheese was already beginning to feel dispirited. She’ll be here, he kept telling himself. She’s gotta be somewhere, right? After a while, he saw a pony carrying two bags, and a line of dresses. That’s a lot to carry, he thought. So, being Cheese Sandwich, he offered to help. “Hold on.”, Cheese thought aloud, not knowing he was talking. “Aren’t you……….. one of Pinkie Pie’s friends?”. He couldn’t remember her name, but knew she was a fashion designer.

“Pinkie?”, she said. “Yes, I am one of her friends. You’re Cheese Sandwich, I think. Nice meeting you again, but I must be on my way. I can carry the bags, but thanks for offering to help.” She began to walk off, but Cheese wouldn’t let her.

“Wait!”, he yelled. “Do you know where she is? I looked all over Las Pegasus, but didn’t find her there. I thought I might find her here in Fillydelphia, since-”. He was cut off by who he now remembered as Rarity, the Element Of Generosity.

“Why, dear, have you been looking in Las Pegasus? She lives in Ponyville.”.

Cheese explained the situation to Rarity. “Well, we can’t have that, can we? Are you sure it’s Pinkie you’re talking about?”, she questioned. Rarity looked skeptical. It just didn’t sound like something Pinkie would do to her.

“I’m sure it’s Pinkie I’m talking about. I’m not sure about anything else, though. Nopony I’ve seen knows where she is.”

“Alright, well, I have to join you then. A missing Pinkie isn’t a happy Pinkie.”, said Rarity. Cheese Sandwich agreed. If Rarity joined him, they’d have a higher chance of finding Pinkie. Rarity knew Pinkie Pie better than he did, after all.