• Published 10th May 2015
  • 715 Views, 14 Comments

Forced Smiles - Scootaleuz



There are no more smiles. No more parties. No more fun times. All of that, taken away. Can Ponyville survive without Pinkie Pie?

  • ...
5
 14
 715

Late to the Party

Author's Note:

Like my last story, this is more of an introduction than a real chapter.

After Lyra’s birthday, late into the night, Pinkie Pie ran back to Sugarcube Corner. She had another party to plan, but this one was very special. It was Cheese Sandwich’s birthday tomorrow, and Pinkie had already invited him to Ponyville for a party that afternoon. Pinkie could barely contain her excitement as she ran up to her room, on the top floor of Sugarcube Corner. She grabbed all of the decorations, cake, and party favors she could find, and trotted downstairs, dropping many items on the way down. Mrs. Cupcake was just finishing cleaning up the restaurant, so Pinkie had the whole night to prepare.

Morning broke, and the birds were chirping. Pinkie was sound asleep in the middle of the party room, all of the decorations set. She had been working late, and fell asleep after finishing the job. She woke with a jump after the first guest arrived, startled. It was Snips. Alright, she thought to herself. Cheese was going to show at 11, and that’s when the party would start. Pinkie already had everything planned out, down to the minute. “This is going to be great!”, she told herself.

But as the day went on, more and more ponies showed up, but none of them were Cheese. 11 passed, without any sign of him. Did he not get the letter?, Pinkie wondered. No, that couldn’t have been it. They’d been trading letters for a while, and Pinkie always knew where Cheese was. He was a traveling pony, after all. 12 passed, and still no sign of the special birthday guest. She told everypony attending to hold out for Cheese, then retreated to her room upstairs. “Gummy, I just don’t know.”, Pinkie said. She was talking to Gummy again, although she knew that Gummy couldn’t say anything back. “Cheese was supposed to be here over a hour ago. Does he even want to come? Of course he does………. But then, why isn’t he here?”. Pinkie was rambling at this point, while Gummy was chewing on a leftover, deflated balloon, not very interested.

Cheese Sandwich finally came, around 3. Knowing he was late, he asked where Pinkie was. Everypony told him she had left already. “Huh?”, he had said in reply. This just didn’t sound like Pinkie to him. Where could she have possibly gone, and why, and when? Cheese Sandwich wanted answers, but there was nothing anypony at the party could give him. So, knowing his options were limited, he decided to chase after Pinkie. But with no information on where she was, where would he go? Cheese decided on his most likely option: Pinkie had been looking for him at his previous stops. He had an apology in mind, and set off to give it to Pinkie.