• Published 10th May 2015
  • 3,230 Views, 28 Comments

A Reaper's Tale - hollowsbest



A young girl and her best friend go to a comic-con dressed as Grell Sutcliff and the Undertaker, both meet the Merchant and get sent to Equestria. The world will end in chaos.

  • ...
10
 28
 3,230

Chapter 3 - That Could've Turned Out Better

I groaned, she had fainted. Course she had fainted! I'm such an idiot.
I sighed, certainly I had lied slightly about a few things but that didn't matter; what mattered was getting Shy out of here before Discord came back.

"Why couldn't I have been a unicorn?" I muttered, gently hefting Shy onto my back and flicking my ears towards the kitchen where I heard whistling.
"I'm so screwed." I whispered, flaring my wings opened and carefully heading to the door; I opened it slowly and glanced at the animals who were quietly watching.

"Buck."

I thought for a second.
"I'm taking Shy to the hospital, since I don't have any smelling salts and I think she hit her head." I said, the bear that I just noticed stopped bearing it's teeth at me; I left through the door and shut it behind me before carefully flying back to where I left the Undertaker and Gilda.


"What did you do?" Came the voice of the Undertaker as I flew into the clearing.
"Go fish." SHe said to Gilda, who growled and took a card.
"I just told her who I was."
"Idiot."
"I know." I hung my head and watched the two.

"You got any threes?"

Gilda gave a grumble and passed the card over to the Undertaker who grinned.
"This is why I never play Go Fish with her." I say, not feeling Shy's weight at all. It was slightly challenging getting her on my back, but damn! Was she light.
"We better get going, Discord's gonna get pissed once he realises what happened."

Gilda stared at me.
"You just grabbed her and left?!" She asked, her eyes wide.
"Yeah, so we better get moving. The house will block her magical signature from Discord so let's move quickly, I also wanna dump her so I can go and kill things in the Everfree." I said with a grin, my mouth full of fangs showing.

The Undertaker facehoofed.
"Let's move it then."
"Uh huh." I replied, my wings flared opened and support Shy better as I walked.


Once we reached home I carefully put the adorable pegasus on the couch and sat down to wait for her to wake up, the Undertaker had changed back from a pony and switched to griffin for a reason I didn't hear. She was a white griffin with grey head feathers which still hid her eyes (Which I still didn't know the colour of) and darker grey lion's body. I was still a light red pegasus with crimson hair which was still quite long.

Gilda sat in the corner trying to play Solitaire which the Undertaker had taught her, she was failing miserably. So we played Go Fish together for awhile until I heard Shy start to stir.

"Gilda, pause K?"
"Ok."

I stood up and trotted over to Shy and sat down in front of the couch she was on, Fluttershy slowly opened her eyes and spotted me; she eeped and tried to hide behind her mane.

"Hey Fluttershy, you okay? It seemed you hit your head pretty hard."
"I-I'm fine." She murmured, thankfully I heard her.
"That's good, do you remember what I said?" I got a nod.
"Is it true? You're really Red Twister?"
"Yeah, but my pony name is really Blood Chainsaw. But call me Grell."

"Bad name!" I heard the Undertaker yell, she poked her head in and gave me a glare.
"Her pony name is really Crimson Ruby, she's just being a pain. But call her Grell, I'm the Undertaker."

Fluttershy nodded meekly, I glared at my friend who stuck her tongue out at me.

"Nice to meet you both." She said, I almost nearly d'awed at her expression; she was so cute!

Even though she seemed terrified, I was hoping I could calm her down.
"You've met Gilda I suppose?"
Shy nodded. Gilda glanced over and gave a scowl.
"I don't see why she's so special." Spat the griffin, who was pretty nice once you got to know her.
"We do, which is why you're gonna get along or I'll put you on a strict exercise regime."
Gilda gave a grumble and I ignored her, I offered a wing to Fluttershy and she instantly snuggled up against me. I closed my wing over her and sighed, we needed to bring out assertive Fluttershy but only a moderate amount. So she was still the adorable mare, but didn't be a doormat if she was threatened.

She seemed terrified and I was the only one she knew that wouldn't scream in her face, Undertaker can be scary without her coffee. I sat thinking about how I could bring out a badass Flutters but still keep her naive innocence.

A few minutes later Fluttershy had seemed to have fallen asleep in my hug, I had been in my thinking mood until something crashed into my head.

"Ow, what the hell was that?" I muttered, gently untangling myself from Flutter's unconscious hug and staring at the object on the floor. It was odd to say the least, it was a black and green cylinder with a button on one side. I pulled off the necklace the kept me in a pony form and cringed as I shifted, it hurt pretty badly. I reached down and grabbed it. I turned the cylinder thing over a few times to get a good look at it, before I heard a voice come out of it. It startled me enough I nearly dropped it.

"I am the changer of shape, seeking to understand the many forms of life. Call for the man of many shapes during your hour of need and I will come, a one man army. Activate the cylinder and in a flash I'll be ready to clash."
"What?" I said, staring at the thing. Hesitating to press the button. I toyed with the idea, but I put the item on the coffee table and let it sit there while I stewed. I glanced at Gilda who was staring at me.

"Did you realise that just appeared?" She asked, I was going to aluad her calm voice.
"It might be Discord-" Her voice cracked "-or worse, you did ponynap one of the Elements."

I nearly facepalmed, she seemed so calm but the crack gave it away. She was terrified, she didn't show it; but she was. Discord terrified her, for good reasons; she did a good job hiding it.

"It wasn't Discord, it's a thing."
"A thing?"
"A thingy thing."
"What?"
"It's a thingy thing."
"Okay!" Exclaimed Gilda in a huff, I smirked. Replying like that always pissed people off, and it let me avoid the question without saying I don't know.

"You've got no idea, right?" And there comes the bane of my existence!
"It's a thingy thing." I replied. the Undertaker was back in her normal form.
"Okay." She gave a shrug, and spotted FLuttershy.
"Ohmygod! She's so CUTE!" Squealed the Undertaker, she had been a long-time brony after all. I was amazed she had lasted this long in Fluttershy's presence. My Cute meter was sated from giving her a hug.

I stifled a few giggles, afraid they would wake up Best Adorable Pony. Pinkie and Luna fought for the best spot in my mind.
"So, any luck bringing out Assertive Flutters?"
"Nope, not yet."
"You fell asleep."

"Did not!"
"Did so!"
"Did not!"
"Did so!"
"Did not!"
"Did so!"
"Did not infinity!" I cried out in victory.
"Hate you." She muttered.

"No ya don't ya silly Reaper." She grinned at me.
"That's true, it's probably 'cause you're Grell you're so irritating."
"Nah, that's my natural charm." I replied back sassily.
"Not something to be proud of." Undertaker said, a smirk on her face.
"I wanna see your eyes." I said suddenly, glancing at my friend.
"Wha... No."
"Are they pink?"
"No."
"Demon slitted with the sparkly pink and red?"
"No."
"Bright bright yellow?"
"My eyes aren't Claude's colour."
"Then what are they?"
"You know."
"...No."
"Yes."
"AWESOME! They're rainbow!"
"What? No! They're normal Reaper coloured, greenish yellow."
"Awe."

The Undertaker rolled her eyes and went back into the kitchen, I grinned and twirled a crimson lock around my finger; asking what her eye colour always freaked her out, no idea why. She also didn't wear the Reaper standard glasses, no glasses at all. I didn't need mine, actually I do; they let me see the cinematic records. Perhaps Undertaker had contacts and was embarrassed, nah; it was more like they were an embarrassing colour. There was no way in hell they were normal Reaper coloured. I bet they're a bright pink... No idea why my mind is so stuck on pink.