• Published 4th May 2015
  • 282 Views, 2 Comments

Luna's Library - Second Hand, Second Self - Ponyess



I had seen Twilights Library and Castle before, only this time she presented me with a curious book to read. One of the new books. What it was about, a girl she told me I could identify with.

  • ...
 2
 282

The Dive: 2

Author's Note:

Princess Luna Lulamoon's POV

I had just been on an official trip to Ponyville. Not seeing Princess Twilight Sparkle is simply unthinkable since she is the local authority now. I had seen several other influential Ponies; Mayor Mare, Applejack, Rarity, just to name but a few.

Most of the trip was merely boring and official business, but Rarity, the Apples and Princess Twilight Sparkle are still enjoyable to meat. The Apples even offered me a steady brunch as they called it. I couldn’t decline, not after what they have done for Ponyville and Equestria. Of course Rarity couldn’t pass up the opportunity to offer me the chance of crafting me a suit, which I was only too happy to accept.


Once I got home, there is the one thing I had to do. Not that any Pony had told me to, it is just what I wanted to do. The book spoke to me in an unusual manner, not so much in words; maybe it is just the title.

As I read the title; Second Hand, Second Self, wondering what this could possibly mean. Yet, Twilight had spoken warmly about it, in words enticing me to have a look. If the first page was pulling me in, I had a few hours to spend, right now. If not, I could easily set the book aside for later. Even if I would have to explain to Twilight Sparkle, the newest Princess of Ponyville; Equestria why I had not enjoyed the book she so generously had offered me.

Picking up the book given to me so generously; that is easy with the aid of magic. Magic is after all a natural part of being an Alicorn, which is implied in being a Royal Princess. I had lived with this for as long as I could remember. Even if there had arisen a few more Princesses as of late. The two Alicorns; Cadence and Twilight Sparkle.

I guess you could say that I know Twilight Sparkle better as the Princess she is now, while my still older sister Celestia knows her better as the Unicorn, or her student for all these many a year. She had after all been my sisters Prodigy. I knew Celestia had taught her a few things about magic. Even if her friends in Ponyville had managed to teach her other things, about both her friendship, and herself.

Now, as I finally did open the book, cracking it open, I spy the words contained, plummeting into the contents of the story. There is the little girl, alone, seemingly abandoned. Apparently, she made it by herself. Created the world of life and dreams.



Episode One:

My name is Marin, I'm a thirteen years old girl, five feet tall, maybe a bit on the slender end of the coin? Neither of these are much of problems to me. Just like my black, waist long hair, green eyes and fair complexion never was, the problem is that I'm alone, and I feel very lonely.

One lonely day, I found a book to read, nothing strange about that, I love to read, just like I love drawing. Maybe the subject of the book could spell out trouble to you since this happened to be a book of basic Alchemy. In my bored state, I did not care, so long as it is a new book I had not previously red. With that, I read the book, from cover to cover, like any other book.

Since I like drawing, I have the tendency to draw things, and in this case, the images out of the book. I had figured what they're for, and the basics in their use. That's convenient? What's a whole lot more than convenient, is that I'm fairly good at drawing, thus I had gotten the 'Circles' right. At least enough for this to work.

For a good while, I had just made simple objects, nothing fancy. Cubes and spheres out of stone, wood and metal; then I had started to fashion simple dolls and toys. Maybe this is where it all begun? Either way; since I'm already lonely and not a friend to see, it's not as if I had anything better to do.