• Published 28th May 2015
  • 569 Views, 2 Comments

Bronies in Arms: Road to Hill 30 - BlazingAngel



The 101st drop into Normanedy to experience one of the gruesome moment in the war. Join Sgt. Baker and his squad as they fight through combat that will forever define them as brother-in-arms.

  • ...
5
 2
 569

Objective XYZ

Objective XYZ

Normanedy, France

D-Day June 6, 1015


Baker-I never asked to be squad leader.


The gray sky rain a bit then seem to break up as Baker's makeshift squad, himself and Mac were standing around in the opening of a hedgerow next to a rows of houses, waiting for a moment to attack while Stanzan is speaking into his radio for any unit contact, "Kickoff, Fox Three, can you hear, over?"
They receive a new objective from HQ to attack a barracks where it houses Germanes artillerymen’s that are getting ready to man a battery of howitzers not far from here. These barracks are codenamed, “XYZ" because of its unique building side-by-side or probably whoever come up with this idea run out of name so he uses the alphabetical order instead.

While Stanzan is talking on the radio, Lionheart look at the buildings then said to those around him, "So we're supposed to kill them all before they finish breakfast. Say, what do you suppose Krauts eat for breakfast anyway? Sausage? Toast?"

Standing behind Lionheart, Dare yelled out in disgust, "Goddamn it!"

Mac spun around to face him, "Dare! What the hell are you yapping about?"

"I got hit by a fucking pigeon turd." says Dare, wiping off some white stuff that fell on his shoulder.

Everyone laughed before Red continue on about what the krauts eat, "Cold glass of blood?"

As soon as he said this, everyone stopped laughing at look at Red, even Stanzan stopped talking into his radio.

"What?" says Red, feeling embarrass, "I'm just saying."

"Sarge, I can't get anypony." says Stanzan, setting down his radio mouthpiece, "We're fucked."

Mac sighed a bit then announced, "All right, same plan as before. Lionheart, you're with Baker. The Krauts know we're here, so go say hello the Airborne way."

"You mean shoot them?" says Wildarrow, not understanding what Mac meant.

"Yes, obviously, Private Wildarrow."

"It's just I've never said hello like that. You could just say shoot them. "

"Well smart-ass you're with me." After that, Mac turn to Baker, "Baker, remember most of these guys don't know we're coming. So you and Lionheart tread lightly while you can. Move it!"

Mac group went away from the houses toward the side of the hedgerow and disappeared by crossing through it while both Baker and Red silently went up to the houses, trying not to make any noise as if they`re trying not to wake up the Germanes inside.

They consciously walked up to the first house and position on each side of the doorway.

From his view, Baker could see that Red is sweating a bit and his Adam apple is having a difficult journey bobbling up and down his throat, which indicate that he is pumping adrenaline into his body.

"Are you ready?" Baker asked Red, making sure if he is ready for the worse.

Red nodded back with a smiled, "Ready when you are. Let's send these krauts to hell."

Baker buck the door down and Red rushes in to fire anything that is alive and is wearing grey. He found a few of them relaxing in a living room. They were surprised when they saw Red rushes in and, before they could react, Red cut them down with his rifle. A pair of surviving Germanes became terrified and run out of the house to a two-story house next to them.

"Frost! They`re running!" Red said to Baker next to them and together, rushes out of the house and toward their next objective but were taking fire from the second house.

After they took cover, Baker ordered Red to suppress the house so he could run up and toss a grenade though the window.

Red compiled by shooting at the house while Baker went between covers to make his way toward the second house. He got behind a wall and, before he could move, out of nowhere is a captain from the 101st emerged from behind a hedgerow who appeared to be watching the fighting.

Baker saw him and waved him over, shouting, "Sir, find some covers! This is not a good time for you to be in."

The captain reaches Baker side and said to him, "I've seen the worse already during the night and waiting to kill as many jerries’ as possible before they get me. What your current situation?"

"We`re attacking a house full of artillerymen. We sure do need some help." Baker replied to the captain, not even sure if this guy could be in some heavy fight since he is a high ranking officer.

The captain nodded, "Okay, I`m coming with you."

In an instant before they could leave, a bullet passed by and hit the captain in the chest, killing him. Just like that, Baker is alone once again and he didn't even get to know who this person is. No matter. Baker need to move fast or Red will run out of ammo.

Baker run and got to the front of the house, pulled out his grenade from his webbing belt, count to three and toss it through of the broken window and pressed against the side of the wall, waiting for the explosion.

When Baker threw his grenade in, it bounces off a counter-top and landed next to a Germane soldier that is seeking refuge behind a wooden table from Red's fire. His eyes went wide eyes when he saw the grenade and quickly picked it up. He got up and toss it back but it too late, the grenade exploded on his hoof, killing him and those around him into a big fury of dust and smoke.

When he saw that his grenade exploded, Baker shouted out to Red to move up and they clear out the rest of the house. Time for the next one.

They did the same procedure as before, Red suppressing while Baker running toward the third house. He got there and buck the door opened and saw an unpleasant surprise that he will ever see. In the dining room are a group of artillerymen, sitting on the table and were preparing to eat breakfast. They all saw Baker rushing in and stopped what they`re doing. It was an awkward before Baker came to his senses and mowed them all down with a Thompson that he got from Mac earlier.

After clearing the house, Baker walk out by using the front door and mention Red to form up.

Red reaches him and saw the look on Baker face.

"Something wrong Frost? It look like you got hit in the face or something."

"As I was clearing out the house," Baker whisper loud enough for Red to hear, "I saw these Germanes eating breakfast and seem like they are not paying attention to what going on around them."

This caught Red attention as he question Baker, "Are they drinking a glass of blood?"

"No, they`re not vampires," Baker chuckle then sighed as he in a state of exhaustion.

Before they have time to reminisce about any of this, they could hear Germanes soldiers on the other side of the house they`d clear.

"I guess we got to keep moving." says Baker and they went to the side of the house to engage the enemy.

After successfully taking them out, they head up the road and start firing on more Germane rifle squads. Eventually, the two reach a house that's, perhaps, an acre wide. The house seemed more like a mansion. Inside, four Germane soldiers were enjoying their breakfast.
Baker and Red look at each other and nodded as they each took out his grenade.

"On the count of three, “says Baker as they position next to the dining room, "toss it and run out of the house. Ready?"

Red nodded.

"One" Baker began counting.

"Oh, I`m going to enjoy this." says Red as he put his hoof around the grenade pin.

"Two."

"They are so dead."

"Three!" Baker shouted.

Before they could toss it in, Red yelled that spook the Germanes, "Eat this you fucking blood-sucking vampires!"

Moments later, the room was obliterated. Baker and Red reached the back door of the house and saw Wildarrow and Dare taking cover near an Opel Blitz. Dare was loading a rocket into a bazooka Wildarrow was holding it, facing another house where the Germanes are.

Dare finish loading the rocket and connected the wire together, "Alright it's connected. Backblast clear."

Wildarrow aim the bazooka up at the house and pull the trigger, the rocket whooshed by unintentionally into a farmhouse. A few moments later, Germane soldiers started showing up wondering what that loud explosion was.

"Oh shit!"Wildarrow shouted after he saw the Germane soldiers coming out of the house, "Load another. Load another!"

Dare was struggling to put the M6 rocket in the bazooka, probably because of the number of Germanes that were heading towards their position, Red's, and Baker's location.

"Load it now Dare!" Wildarrow was screaming hysterical.

"Hang on!" Dare shouted at him.

"No hang on! If you get me killed Dare, I swear to Celestia I will fucking kill you!"

Next to them, Baker and Red was firing furiously at a mass of Germane soldiers coming right at them from the house and other area.
From his view, Baker could see a Germane soldier setting up his MG-42 machine gun at one of the windows in the house.
They all going to get hit but fortunately, Dare puts the M6 rocket in the bazooka.

"Loaded. Wires connected! Go!" Dare said to Wildarrow and put him on the back of the head.

Wildarrow pulled the trigger and the shot whooshed through the air like a jet and hit the window of the house where the Germanes machine gun was coming from. The whole window was obliterated and up in flames. Regrettably, that was the last rocket of ammunition the bazooka had.

"Shit!" Wildarrow shouted as the bazooka runs out of ammo and toss it at the Germanes, shouting, "Take this piece of shit. I don't want it!"

Now Wildarrow and Dare got folded with Baker and Red. A large skirmish ensued, about 2 dozen Germane soldiers came into the courtyard firing and throwing grenades, After a few minutes of intense firefighting, the Germanes had all been killed or wounded, then Mac and Stanzan arrived just in the nick of time to save them from their flank before they were overrun. Everything was silent for a few seconds, Baker and Red had a stunned and dazed look in their eyes.

Nobody want to say anything until Dare spoke out load, "That was kind of crazy. I'm sure I'll never do anything like that again."

"I'm sure we'll do something that crazy a few more times before the sun goes down"WIldarrow added, "So who's hungry?"

Stanzan walked over to the truck, opened the door and look inside, then he announced as he stepped back other and turn to the other, “The keys are still in it! I say this Opel Blitz just became official REA property. What d'ya think, Mac?"

Mac look at him before replying, "I think I'm drivin'!"

They all board the truck and prepared to continue on in their journey.

Author's Note:

There another chapter done. I'm pretty sure they`ll find the rest of the squad in the next chapter, I`m not sure.

Of course, I'd found a video that could find well for all the previous chapter.

I`m pretty damn well it also for Memorial Day.

See you on the next chapter!