• Published 14th May 2012
  • 878 Views, 6 Comments

Beyond Eyesight - WildcatPony



A pony of strange origins comes to ponyville to assist with plant life, but will that be her fate?

  • ...
 6
 878

Prologue: A mystical birth of the north

The night sky was no stranger to the ponies who looked on here in the marshlands; the stars almost invisible, the darkness enveloping each and every ounce of light that radiated off the moon. With each new day, a new life was started and an old one ended. This day had begun just like any other, but how unfortunately with the death of the pegasi chieftain that watched the skies near the marsh. Oh how his presence will be missed, for he reigned the longest of any other pegasi before him. The only thing, at this point he was no longer ruling. No, he had come out of power several years ago, when the love of two ponies overpowered the wisdom and strength of their clan leaders. Now as the day ends with the sorrow of a lost chieftain, a stallion of no children, but many words of wisdom and thoughts of valor, we find ourselves graced, for the new leader of the pegasi has gone into labor, and her foal will be born.
Quietly I listen to the sound of the marsh, it has grown in sound since the marriage of the two leaders, and in turn the plant life has grown in beauty too. But tonight a sound distinctly heard by both land and air creatures is a sound that was the cry heard around the marsh. So as I sit in sorrow of our lost leader, who stepped down so long ago, I rejoice in the birth of one pony that will change the perspective and the hearts of all who live here . . . and her name is-
“Mudvine the baby has arrived! What shall we do next?” a green stallion asks the brown unicorn with stress in his eyes. The day was long and the night even more so, but by orders of the head doctor nothing was to be stopped until the foal was born. Mudvine looked over to the stallion with her soft teal eyes and nodded for him to continue. As the other nurses assisted in cleaning the mother and helping her balance, the green stallion then proceeded to clean the baby pony and return it to its mother. Almost as if on cue, a tall, muscular, dark brown stallion entered the room with a look of pure disbelief in his eyes. His orange orbs gazing at the precious new addition to his family and as he slowly made his way to greet her his armor clinked with each step. The mother, a beautiful dark blue mare, held the baby in her arms, cooing at it and encouraging it to open its eyes. She then turned her head to her husband and smiled with a genuine smile that only one such as her could produce. The couple joined at the bed and embraced their family in one hug.
The brown stallion turned to look at his wife and spoke softly, “what shall we name such a wonderful little filly Moonshine? Isn’t she just precious?” The blue mare then replied “Yes Midnight Drop, she is very precious, I feel we should name her according to her looks, she is quite a looker” Moonshine chuckled as they gazed upon their new daughter.
Indeed she was a looker, with the strangest of color combinations, an almost grayish lavender coat with dark green hair. In her hair there were ebony spikes, almost like eagle talons protruding from her head and tail.
The proud parents thought about a name for the young filly for quite some time. After the two stared in deep thought at their child, then at each other, then back at the filly again, they came to a conclusion.
And I will tell you, it was my honor to be here for the birth of this little filly. So here it is, the name of the filly that could bring our clans together more so than her parents. Tonight at almost midnight, she was born and named-
“Mosstalon.”