• Published 21st Apr 2015
  • 266 Views, 0 Comments

Night Fall part 1- Into the Orphanage - Fall



The colts go for an overnight visit to the orphanage

  • ...
 0
 266

Irresponsible Responsibility

“Snap to it!” ordered Ms. Powder Puff as Fall and Bucky went about clearing the table. “I don’t have all night!”

Fall struggled to get each plate due to her extremely small size. Fortunately, Bucky was able to easily reach the table so that Fall only had to scrape the leftovers into the garbage can she moved from seat-to-seat.

Ms. Powder Puff grimaced upon noticing the mash potato mess that covered Fall and Bucky’s face. They both did their best to wipe it off, but there was enough of it left stuck in their fur.
“Ugh,” she groaned with disgust. “And tonight isn’t your bathing night either.”

“Bathing night?” asked Bucky as he worked to clear off another mess.

“You must be new,” scoffed Ms. Powder Puff. “Only so many children get bathing privileges each night and tonight is neither you nor Fall’s turn.”

Bucky felt really gross upon hearing this statement. He not only had mash potato throughout his muzzle but also a variety of other food-related messes on his hooves.

“It was yesterday,” sighed Fall. “Our group doesn’t get to bathe until the day after tomorrow.”

“The day ‘after’ tomorrow?” asked Bucky. “Like, Sunday?”

“At least you haven’t skipped on your lessons,” remarked Ms. Powder Puff. “I didn’t expect you to know your days of the week.”

***

Upon cleaning the table, sweeping the floor, and stacking all the dishes and silverware on a cart, Bucky and Fall were lead into a large, messy kitchen.

“Sweet Celestia!” gasped Bucky upon seeing other carts loaded with messy dishes, silverware, and cooking supplies.

Ms. Powder Puff gestured towards the large sink and said, “You know the drill, Fall. All this must be done before bedtime or there will be consequences.”

“Yes, Ms. Powder Puff,” Fall sighed as she appeared to automatically move towards a stool, push the stool towards the sink, hop upon the stool, and prepare the dishwater.

“That goes for you, too, chubby!” snapped Ms. Powder Puff.

Bucky deeply wished Ms. Powder Puff would go away. She watched he and Fall’s every move without lifting so much as a hoof to help them. She just shouted out insults and orders.

“It’s a little past six o’clock,” stated Ms. Powder Puff. “You have until lights out to get this done or you’re both in big trouble!”

Bucky felt a sense of elation upon Ms. Powder Puff stomping out of the kitchen. He then turned to see Fall using the dish water to clean off her face.
“That’s a good idea,” said Bucky.

“It’s usually the only way I can ever get clean,” said Fall while using the rancid smelling dish towel to wipe off her face, coat, and hooves.

Bucky cringed, but knew the clock was ticking and that he didn’t want whatever threat Ms. Powder Puff was threatening to come true.
“May I, uh, have a turn in the…” Bucky gagged. “Sink.”

“Yes,” said Fall as she finished cleaning herself. “But be quick. Ms. Powder Puff would be very, very upset if she knew this is how I kept clean and would put a stop to it.”

Bucky frowned as he rushed to scrub himself off with the dirty wash rag and then dry himself with the same, putrid smelling, drying cloth Fall had used.
"Let's get to it," he sighed upon taking in all they had to do. "You tell me how this all works and we'll get this done together."

Fall felt the briefest of smiles cross her face. It wasn't the fact that Bucky was there doing the chore of dish washing alongside her. Rather, it was hearing him say how they were going to get it done, 'Together'.
"Thank you," she said softly.

The two then went about the daunting task of washing, drying, and stacking all the dishes, silverware, and cooking supplies that had been burdened upon them.

Author's Note:

As usual these are a colab effort with Yosh I'm the plot and main character writer he puts it into story form.