• Published 22nd Apr 2015
  • 343 Views, 8 Comments

A Pony from Nowhere - NikolasTheWriter



Twilight Sparkle accidently finds a pony in the forest. Who is he? Where did he come from? Why is he familiar to her?

  • ...
 8
 343

The Cave: Part Two

Twilight and Morn were inside the cave, looking for any signs of anything interesting. The cave was pretty big as their hoofsteps echoed through it. The light from two horns reflected from the crystals, making the cave less dark and less sinister.

The two were already searching for half an hour and still haven't found anything. Suddenly Twilight noticed two big gray wooden doors which were opposite to each other.

"Morn, there are two doors," she said, pointing at them.

"Well, where should we go then? Right or left?"

"I think we should split up, you go to the right door, I go to the left one."

"Alright," Morn replied and the two went to their doors. Twilight looked at her door. It was indeed big, even big enough for somepony taller than Morn to pass through. There were also strange symbols and words, which meaning Twilight didn't know.
She slowly opened the door with her magic and saw a long corridor. She turned to Morn, who opened his door as well and now was standing in front of it, looking inside.

"Morn, I think I found the way in!" Twilight said. She expected Morn to reply, but she didn't hear anything. "Morn?"

Twilight turned around, Morn was still staring at something behind his door. Twilight slowly walked to him and stopped in two meters before Morn. Shivers went down her spine when she sensed something was wrong.

"Morn?" she called again. The stallion turned his head and Twilight gasped, taking a few steps back. Stallion's eyes were glowing bright green and had purple smoky trails flowing from the corners of his eyes.

"No..." Twilight whispered, looking in Morn's eyes. His face was emotionless, radiating fear. "M-Morn?"

The stallion took a step towards Twilight.

"Greetings, Twilight Sparkle," he said in low, deep voice. "Welcome to my cave, where your fears and horrors come true!" he laughed maniacally.

"S-Sombra?!" she shook and took a few steps back. "It is impossible, you are shattered to pieces! You are not real! You are an illusion!"

"Oh, am I an illusion? Then how can I be inside your friend?" Morn-Sombra asked in a sinister voice. "Do I have to remind you who I am?"

Twilight tried to teleport out of the cave, but she couldn't feel her magic. Her horn stopped glowing and cave become less bright, but know the crystals were glowing bright green.
Twilight took another few steps back while Morn-Sombra took a few forward. The alicorn took another step when she didn't find the surface under her right hind leg. She looked back and noticed that the corridor behind opened door disappeared, revealing a deep, dark pit.

"I am King Sombra, and you are in my domain!" he growled. "You shall pay for what you've done to me. All of you will!" the stallion laughed maniacally.

"S-Stop, Morn! Wake up, you are not Sombra!" Twilight yelled and tears started appearing in her eyes. "It doesn't have to end like this!"

"I have full control of him now. You can do nothing," Morn-Sombra grinned. He stood on his hind legs, now much taller than Twilight. "Hail... To the king!" he laughed and pushed Twilight, making her fall in the pit.


A while before Morn was looking at his door, which revealed a red brick wall with strange inscriptions. Suddenly he heard a faint "No" from behind and turned around. Twilight had her eyes glowing green and with smoky purple trails coming from the corners of her eyes.

"Twilight?"

"S-Sombra?" she answered, taking a few steps back.

"Twilight, are you okay? I am not Sombra, I am Morn. Wake up!" Morn slowly took a step forward while Twilight took another few back. Suddenly she stumbled and fell into the room she opened before. Morn quickly used his magic to catch her in mid-air and bring her back. Her eyes were normal again, but she was not. She shivered and sobbed, lying on the floor.

"Twilight?"

"Go away Sombra!"

"Twilight! Come to your senses!" Morn yelled and slapped her face with his right hoof. He tried to do it the soft way, but Twilight's head jerked.

She shook her head and looked at Morn with watering eyes. Suddenly she jumped on him and hugged him.

"M-Morn..." she sobbed. "I am so glad that *sniff* you are you...*sniff*"

"Shh, it's alright, Twilight," Morn replied, embarrassed by the situation. He was never hugged before, especially by a mare. "You will not get hurt. I am here, I will protect you."

"Th-Thanks...*sniff* I think we must get *sniff* out of here."


Three hours later the two were back at the castle. Twilight locked herself in her room and hadn't come out for dinner. Morn was really worried about her. He didn't know what she has seen in the cave.
Morn decided to find Spike and talk to him. At least he was the one who was with Twilight for a long time. The dragon was in the kitchen, preparing dinner for the two.

"Spike?"

"Yeah, Morn?"

"Twilight hasn't come out of here room yet. Is she alright?"

"I... I don't know. She hasn't allowed me to enter, and I am worried too. She hasn't even come for dinner!"

"Maybe we should inform Princess Celestia about that?"

"Maybe. She is already in Ponyville, she came here on a vacation. I've never thought Princesses have vacations," Spike rubbed his chin.

"Spike, do you know where she lives?"

"It's Market Street 5. Do you think you can convince Princess Celestia to come here?"

"I don't think she would hesitate if she'll know who is in danger."


Princess Celestia was sitting in her house, sipping a tea. She always wanted to live at least for some time in Ponyville. Royal Busyness has kept her busy for a thousand years, and now Princess Luna could replace her. Celestia decided to live in Ponyville because she would often visit her former student, with whom she had a lot of to talk about, and of course because Ponyville was much more quite than Canterlot with it's high-rank ponies.

Suddenly the Princess heard three knocks coming from outside her door. She walked to it and opened it with her magic. A big stallion, almost as big as the Princess, stood before her. It was Morn.

"Hello, Princess Celestia. I am sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but Twilight Sparkle is in trouble."

Without hesitation, Celestia nodded and went with the stallion. She noticed he wore a cape, which hid his legs. The two trotted to Twilight's Castle and went inside, heading to Twilight's bedroom. They stopped right before it.

"Well, Princess, Twilight had seen something very terrifying. She hasn't come out yet, and I think she will go insane if we won't get to her."

"Is it related to Sombra?"

"Yes, it is, why?"

"I sense his return," Princess Celestia said, frowning. "Somehow he's still alive, and he's up to something really evil. By the way, I didn't get your name."

"It's Morn," the stallion answered, taking off his cape and revealing his mechanical legs to Princess of the Sun. She looked at them in surprise but turned away. She didn't know how Morn got to be like that, but she didn't want to talk to him about it, at least not now.
Celestia knocked the door. No one opened it. Then Celestia ripped the door off the place and walked in the room. Twilight was lying on a messy bed, covering her head with pillows. Celestia walked to her and poked her on the shoulder. Twilight shivered and turned to the Princess. Twilight's eyes widened.

"Princess Celestia?!"

"Hello, Twilight Sparkle. I know you had something terrifying happened, but can you tell us? You will feel better."

Twilight slowly sat on her bed. Her look was just awful: her mane and tail were a big mess, her eyes were red due to lots of crying. She told Celestia and Morn everything that happened to her.

"It's alright, Twilight. It was just an illusion. Remember, Sombra is the master of them," Celestia warmly smiled. "You are going to be alright. Thanks to Morn, you are still with us. Don't forget that friends won't leave you, no matter how hard it will be."

"I-I think s-so," Twilight was shaky but tried to smile.

"Sombra can't do anything to you. At least while you have friends like him," Celestia nodded to Morn.

"Actually, I'm just learning the magic of friendship. I didn't know anything about it a few days ago," the stallion replied.

"Then you're the first Twilight's student?" Celestia asked and both he and Twilight nodded. "Well, then take a good care of her," Celestia turned to Twilight. "I appreciate your work with him. Would you tell me about him later?"

"Sure, Princess," Twilight replied, smiling. "Well, I think I need to eat something. Morn, Spike made meals for us, right?"

"He did. And I think you need to tell him that you're okay. He is worried about you, Twilight."

"Yes, I feel a lot better, thank you," Twilight said and she went to the kitchen with Morn to eat while Celestia smiled at them and went back to her house, feeling that everything will be okay.