• Published 15th May 2012
  • 676 Views, 5 Comments

enter the forest - snowie525



set off on a journey through the neverending firest of equinox

  • ...
5
 5
 676

chapter 02: the big escape

chapter 02: the big escape

You open your eyes from a long nights rest to find yourself in a new cage. But this time, the cage has fire underneath it raising the heat of the bars rapidly. You know that if you don’t escape now then you will burn to death. You look around for a way out when you hear shouting and screaming coming from the door ahead of you. The doors swing open and to your amazement, you see jack running into the room followed by the so called “zalgy cake”. Jack runs and jumps on top of the cage you are in without even knowing you’re in there. “You’ll never get out of here alive” zalgy cake whispers in a creepy tone. As zalgy cake walks out of the room she pulls on a leaver raising the temperature of the fire.

After zalgy cake leaves, jack jumps off the cage and goes to walk out when you shout out “wait!” jack turns to see you in the cage. He has a confused look in his eyes as if he didn’t know you. “Who are you?” jack asks as he tilts his head. He goes to the leaver and holds onto it. “I will ask you again, who are you?” his eyes are filled with both confusion and anger. “It’s me your best friend. Don’t you remember me?” you answer. Jack lowers the leaver extinguishing the flame and opened the cage. You want to ask him what just happened but you are too afraid to. “Sorry for that. They did something to me. I don’t remember anything! But when you said your my best friend, something just snapped in my head and I remembered.” jack says.

After what happened in the cage before you know you have to escape. This realm looks the exact same as the other one but that does not help because you don’t know your way around. “I know where to go! Follow me!” jack shouts from down the hall. You follow jack not knowing where you are going.

Jack leads you out to an old house now destroyed by weeds and vines. “Where are we going?” you ask jack as you enter the house. Jack replies “you will see soon enough.” You run through the kitchen, into the hallway, up the stairs, past 2 rooms and then up into the attic. “There is nothing in here apart from dusty books” you say. Jack turns around and looks at you. His eyes are black and hollow as if he has no sole. His hollowed out eyes start dripping with blood and his whole body is now covered in cuts and scars. He then grows 2 giant tattered wings out his side and transforms into a giant beast.