• Published 21st Apr 2015
  • 727 Views, 11 Comments

Old Friends Off To War - Teal



In a war where your friends are in both sides, what is a poor mare to do?

  • ...
3
 11
 727

Foreword

The Equestrian Civil War

For three years Equestria has been torn by a bloody civil war that has devastated both land and ponies. Waged by the Kingdom of Equestria and the Republic of Equestria, the two nations fought each other under the belief that their nation’s cause is right and just.

To the ponies of the Kingdom of Equestria, the war was fought in order to reunite the torn nation and retake the southern lands that had broken off. With a nation separated into two, and with both sides distracted by the war, Equestria seemed weaker than ever. Not wanting it to be a target to enemies overseas, the north desperately tried to reunite the nation, hoping to once more see a single Equestria flying under one flag.

The ponies of the Republic of Equestria on the other hoof fought for a way of life, seeking to stop the industrialization which was taking away the jobs of thousands of ponies. Thanks to the introduction of magical machines, jobs which used to be occupied by ponies were now being given to the machines, leaving many ponies angered at the loss. Not wanting any interference from anypony, they rose up in rebellion, seeing that a nation ran by them would be better than one ran by the industrialist at Canterlot.

In the first three years, the winds of war were being blown in favor of the south, as battle after battle was won by the Republic. But as summer draws near in Equestria, the two armies of both nations are once more, are about to clash in one of the bloodiest chapters in their civil war.