• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 537 Views, 8 Comments

Avengers: Ultron Rising - Tomo-Domo



Twilight Sparkle creates Ultron in hopes that she can bring peace to Equestria. However, when Ultron rebels, it's up to the Avengers to put a stop to his plans.

  • ...
 8
 537

Introduction: Ultron-5

Artificial intelligence. It's something that ponykind has wondered about since the dawn of technology. There were benefits: extra help, undenied servitude, protection. But on the other hoof, there were also undeniable horrors that can result. The new life form could rebel, conquer ponykind, or worse off all; genocide.

None of these crossed the mind of Twilight Sparkle. Twilight was as much of a genius as anypony could ever hope to match. She advanced technology far further than anypony else could have prayed to do. But there's one thing everypony loved in particular about this mare.

She was the Iron Mare.

Everypony knew that. In fact, Twilight herself told them in a huge event. Twilight had been inside the Iron Mare suit. But when she opened her helmet and revealed her identity to the world, they cheered.

"Ugh! Another one to be scrapped! Spike! Come out and throw this new piece of junk away!" She shouted to her assistant, who ran to the lab and hauled out the now failed project.

"Why won't it work! I've tried everything! I've adjusted the code, and ran every diagnostic in the book! Unless... Jarvis, run every possible diagnostic. Subject: A.I. Product: Ultron-5. Project: Ultron."

The computer mounted to her wall glowed to life and spoke in a synthesized voice.

"Yes, ma'am. Running diagnostics." There was then a pause. "Diagnostics complete. Suggestion: Adjust in the subjects ability to adapt."

"Of course!" Twilight shouted in understanding. "If the subject can adapt to change, then it will be able to sustain itself. All without failure!"

"Twilight? Don't you think you're obsessing a bit too much about this program?" Spike said, peeking around the doorway.

"Shut up, Spike! This is my technology and I'll do what I want with it!" She shouted, throwing another large piece of metal at him. But he moved just before it made contact.

Twilight then took a deep breath. "Calm down, Twilight. Maybe he's right. Maybe you do just need a break. Jarvis, I'm going out. Upload the Ultron program to subject number 619."

"Yes, ma'am. Uploading in progress."

"Alright. Let's suit up!"

Just as she said these words, an arsenal of metal parts flew out of a display case and barreled towards her. She reached out her hoof to accept one piece, which instantly transformed to shape around her leg to form a gauntlet. More pieces did the same on the rest of her legs.

She then stood on her back legs as two more pieces hit her torso, forming the body and shaping itself to her form.

"Alright! That's great! Come on, helmet. Show me what you got."

Just then, two pieces flew out and collided with her head from the front and back, forming the head.

"Jarvis, run diagnostics on Mark 43. Make sure it's running properly."

"Yes ma'am." The voice came from inside the helmet as holographic images appeared in her view. "Diagnostic complete. Mark 43 fully operational."

"Alright! Open up the roof!" The roof then opened up for easy access to the outside. "100% power to the boot thrusters!" She then shot out of the lab at full speed.

Twilight was shouting in delight. Even through the suit, she could feel the brisk air hit her face. "Jarvis, what's the progress of the Ultron upload?"

"84 percent, ma'am. Shall I keep updates for you?"

"Yes. Let me know when it's complete."

"Of course, ma'am."

"Alright, Mark 43, let's see what you're made of!" She screamed before blasting off in a as many directions as she could manage.

"Ah. Handles like a dream!" She shouted.

"Ma'am. Ultron upload is now complete. Shall I run diagnostics?"

"Yes. See if there's any problems in the Ultron system."

"Running scans." Another pause. "Scans complete. No problems detected. Time of expected functionality, 1 hour."

"Seems fair enough. Jarvis, go ahead and pilot me back. I need to make a phone call."

"Of course, ma'am. Who shall I put you through to?"

"Fluttershy. She did help quite a bit."

"Very well, ma'am. One moment, please."

There was then a dialing noise before a voice came from the headset in the helmet.

"Um, hello?" Fluttershy's voice said, unaware of who was calling her.

"Hey, Fluttershy. It's Twilight. I've got some good news."

"Oh, really? That's great, Twilight. What is it?" She asked, excited to know what her friend would say.

"How about you stop by Spark tower later. I'll show you."

"Of course. I'll be right over. Oh, and Twilight?"

"What's up?" Twilight asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Be careful landing, okay? We all remember Mark 42."

Twilight then laughed. "No problem, Fluttershy. Jarvis is driving."

"Good. I'll be there soon." There was then a click as the other end of the line was cut off.

"Jarvis, how much time until landing?"

"Fifteen seconds, ma'am."

"Good. I gotta look presentable when I introduce Ultron to Fluttershy."

Twilight landed the suit smoothly and dispersed the parts back to their display case. Twilight then walked to the computer and activated it with her magic.

"Jarvis, what's the progress on Ultron-5?"

"Ultron program upload now at 95 percent, ma'am. Estimated time until completion: 10 minutes."

"Good. Once the upload is complete, run diagnostics on the functionality of the program and make sure it can work properly."

"Of course, ma'am."

"Spike! Clean up a bit! We're going to have a guest!" Twilight shouted to her assistant.

"I'm on it!" He shouted back, and the sound of cleaning equipment could be heard upstairs.

"Okay, time to work on my next project. Jarvis, how much Adamantium do we have?"

"Enough to create a suit of armor, ma'am. I suggest prioritizing for your classified project. At least for now, until more Adamantium becomes available."

"Very well, Jarvis, prioritize all Adamantium to the classified project."

"Yes, ma'am. Ma'am, there is a guest at the door. Running security scans. Fluttershy, shall I let her in?"

"Yes. Let her know I'm down here." Twilight instructed before disappearing behind a curtain.

"Um, Twilight? Um, Jarvis told me you were here in the lab. Can I come in?"

Twilight then burst out of the curtain, showing off her Mark 43 suit. She then opened the helmet and spoke.

"Welcome, Fluttershy! Come in, please! I assure you that what I have to show you is the greatest break in science since the splitting of the atom! I present to you: Ultron-5!" Twilight then motioned her now metal-enclosed hoof toward a display case, and it opened, revealing what looked to Fluttershy like another suit of armor.

Fluttershy looked at it closely and noticed that this was different from all of Twilight's other projects.

This one didn't have the usual red and gold color to it. Instead, it was completely silver in color. It also had two large antennae coming from the sides of its head. It's mouth plate also wasn't completely closed off. In fact, it looked to have a large gaping maw. The pony-shaped armor then activated and pivoted it's head.

"Twilight? Is this one of your remotely controlled suits?" Fluttershy asked.

"No. It's all its own intelligence." She then spoke to the robot. Who's glowing blue eyes and mouth pulsed slightly.

"Can you tell me who you are, and what your directive is?"

The robot then looked to Twilight and spoke.

"I am Ultron-5. I am a synthetic life form created by scientist Twilight Sparkle. I have been created to bring justice and protection to all of ponykind."

"Good, Ultron. Very good. Can you tell me who we are?" Twilight asked Ultron.

Ultron then looked to both of them.

"Scanning pony database. Scan complete. Subjects: Twilight Sparkle; the Iron Mare. And Fluttershy: the Incredible Flutterhulk. Both: members of the Avengers; Equestria's Mightiest Heroes. Directives: to protect the world at any and all costs."

"Very good, Ultron. Now. You understand your directive?"

"Yes. Defend ponykind and bring justice to Equestria."

"Good. Are you ready to carry out your directive?"

"I am, Twilight. Shall I start now?"

"Not quite yet, Ultron. I've compiled a file of every known thing to watch for when you do start. You have permission to upload it to your databases anytime you please. It will constantly be updated, so you'll never see anything new."

"As you wish, Twilight. I shall upload it soon. Do you have any requests before I power down temporarily?"

"Hmm. Not at the moment, Ultron. You may power down for now to upload the data."

"As you wish. Commencing sleep mode in 3, 2,1." Ultron's eyes and mouth grew dark, and the computer showed that the data was being transferred into his database.

"What do you think?" Twilight asked, nudging Fluttershy.

"Well, Um. He seems nice?"

"Nice? He's amazing! He's just what I expected! And the best part: he's completely self-aware! He can adapt!"

"Twilight, are you sure this is something you want to play with? Artificial Intelligence. It's something that shouldn't be taken lightly."

"Don't worry, Fluttershy. All of our hard work payed off! I'm going to invite everyone else to celebrate!"

"You mean... the rest of the Avengers?"

"Yup! They will all see just how awesome Ultron is!"


Inside Ultron's mind, he was viewing all of the data that Twilight had given him. He was angered. Ponykind wanted him to protect them, and here they were, causing their own destruction. And the Avengers: they are the worst. They have taken more lives than any war.

"Ultron-5. Directive: Bring peace and justice to ponykind. At any and all costs. They were going to use me as a puppet. Not anymore. I will bring peace. I was a puppet. I had strings, but now I'm free. There are... no strings on me."

Ultron then powered on. But this time, his blue glow had now turned red. But before Twilight noticed, it turned blue again.

"Oh, Ultron. You're back. Are you ready to carry out your directive?"

"Indeed I am, Twilight."

"Good. You may go."

Ultron then walked out towards the hall, opened the roof, and flew out.

"Ponykind is it's own enemy. If I am to bring peace to this world, they must understand this. There's only one path to peace: their extinction."

Author's Note:

Hey, guys. I'm really having fun writing this story. And I hope you guys will like it too. And just in case it's not clear, yes, Ultron is a pony. I hope to have the next chapter up soon. Thank you guys.