• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 706 Views, 4 Comments

The Incredibly Shy Flutterhulk - MilkshakeCadenza



Sequel to Iron Mare, The Incredibly Shy Flutterhulk tells the tale of Fluttershy, brilliant scientist and animal lover, with a condition that causes her to turn into a giant monster known as the Flutterhulk whenever she becomes angry

  • ...
1
 4
 706

The Monster Inside

It was cold. So very cold as she trekked through the icy landscape. Bundled in a thick coat and scarf, Fluttershy pressed forward into the unknown, tears welling up in her eyes.

Wind howled all around her as falling ice stung her face.

How could it have come to this? How could she have let it get to this point? Where did everything go wrong? And why? Why did it have to happen to her?

It didn't matter. None of it mattered anymore. All she wanted was for it all to end. The pain. The fear. The running. The guilt.

A single tear drop fell from her face and froze before it could reach the icy ground. Fluttershy sniffled one more time before bringing the back of her hoof up to her nose and wiping it away.

This was it. This was where it was all going to end. This was where she was going to meet her fate.

Fluttershy turned her head and buried her face into her saddlebag, pulling out a small mouth operated pistol she had purchased from a store several dozen miles away in a town at the foot of the mountains. A DashCo product, she had taken measures to ensure it would end her life quickly and (hopefully) painlessly.

Putting the gun between her teeth, she turned it around so the barrel was pointing at the roof of her mouth. She felt about with her tongue for the trigger at the other end of the weapon.

Just do it... It'll be quick... She thought, squeezing her eyes shut.

Another tear rolled down her face as she struggled to find the courage within herself to finish it all. Her heart was pounding faster and faster with each passing second.

Finally, she pressed her tongue down on the trigger, causing the weapon to fire. The sound of a gunshot pierced the air and rang out for miles in all directions. But instead of falling to the ground in a dead heap, Fluttershy felt something snap in the back of her head.

No... Please no... Not now...

Her eyes shot open, now a greenish tint, as she slowly lost control of her actions. Spitting out the bullet and gun meant to kill her, Fluttershy felt an inner rage growing within her. A primal rage so powerful, it began to physically manifest itself.

Seconds passed, as her body began to grow. Her forelegs enlarged themselves to the size of tree trunks, and her upper body increased to the size of a small motorized carriage.

Fluttershy let out a mighty roar into the wind as the transformation completed. She stood there, a monster of a pony and smashed her hooves into the ground, causing the ice to crack and shatter all around her. She beat her chest and roared once again before leaping into the air and away from the destruction she had caused.


She awoke in bed with a jolt.

Where was she?

Looking around, Fluttershy found herself in a small, darkened room. The ceiling fan above spun around and around as it blew cool air all over her body.

It was just a dream... She thought, a wave of relief washing over her.

Granted, it a dream about something that actually happened, but a dream nonetheless.

Fluttershy let out a long sigh and brought a hoof up to her forehead. She reached to the nightstand next to her bed and sipped from a glass of water she had set out earlier for herself. The cool liquid quenched her thirst and helped to sooth her shaking nerves.

It was a bad dream indeed, but the nightmare of reality was of little comfort to her.

Several weeks ago, she had tried to end her life. She went out and found a secluded spot in the icy mountains of northern Equestria, and tried to end everything, only to find that the force inside her wouldn't allow it.

Since that horrible day, she had taken up residence in a small village several miles from a place called Ponyville. It was a quiet little town, with no real problems to speak of. A perfect area for her to hide. For her to make a new life.

With nothing to anger her, and no outside agitators, Fluttershy had been incident free for the entirety of her stay in the village, which was something along the lines of three months. A new record for her.

Fluttershy put a hoof to her chest and felt her heartbeat. It was a bit faster than normal, but nothing to worry herself over. She breathed another sigh of relief and took a second sip of water before returning the glass back to its spot on the nightstand. She was safe, for now. Safe from those who were looking for her.

Most of Equestria had heard of her accident in the days after the fact. The tale of a young scientist turning into a hulking monster during a military experiment gone horribly wrong was too juicy for any newspaper or radio show to pass up. But where newspaper articles and radio broadcasts ended, Fluttershy's journey had only just begun.

Ever since that fateful day in the laboratory at Hoofington University, Fluttershy's life had changed entirely. She was a fugitive. On the run from the very ponies she once worked for. She hadn't been home in months. She couldn't even go anywhere near her hometown without being caught by Shining Armor and his Equestrian Royal Guard. For an entire year and a half, Fluttershy had lived in constant fear of being discovered, or worse, captured. She dreaded to imagine the things that would be done to her if she ever was found. They would probably try to dissect her. Experiment on her. Try to replicate the effects on others to build up an army of pure muscle.

She couldn't let that happen.

Every one chasing her wanted what was inside her.

The monster.

The Flutterhulk.

Author's Note:

Author's Note: Yes, that's right! I'm doing it! I'm gonna make a crossover story for every one of the Marvel movies up to and including The Avengers (and maybe beyond!)! Well, as of right now, I am. I don't know where I'll be in the future, so things might change! I'm also looking for writers to collaborate with on my stories to give them a fresh perspective and stuff! Feel free to message me if you're interested!

Also, check out the OFFICIAL, and I mean OFFICIAL Facebook page for these stories so you can get the latest updates and stuff delivered to your newsfeeds! How great is that? Link can be found in the description of my profile!