• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 457 Views, 4 Comments

Star Wars: The Legend of the Alicorn - Hudibadudi



A Jedi, a freighter captain, a runaway slave, and three ponies will be thrust into the most important task of their lives, and in so doing, go in search of an ancient legend, and hope that it is more than just an old mares tale.

  • ...
8
 4
 457

Introduction

Star Wars
The Legend of the Alicorn

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Long ago, before the reign of Celestia and Luna, before Equestria was founded, ponies lived in three different groups. There were earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns. There were rumors of ponies who were more powerful with magic than unicorns, called alicorns, but their existence had never been proven. The earth ponies worked the land, providing food for the pegasi and unicorns. In return, the pegasi controlled the weather and served as soldiers to defend the land from invaders, while the unicorns raised the sun and moon every day.

War was almost unknown to them. The most recent one had been over 100 years before, between them and the griffons. The ponies had lived in peace ever since the griffons' defeat.

One day, all that changed. Strange creatures, who called themselves Sith, came down from the sky, with fearsome weapons and magic the ponies had never seen before. The ponies were defeated in a series of devastating battles, and were soon conquered. The griffons fared no better. The Crystal Empire remained free, but only because the Sith had no desire to invade what they considered 'a desolate wasteland' and because the crystal ponies agreed to pay a regular tribute.

And so it was in the Crystal Empire that the seeds of rebellion were planted, as ponies fled the conquered lands and gathered there. Now all they needed was a leader, someone who knew their enemy. Little did they know, their best hope was currently far away, stranded on a distant world...