• Published 10th Apr 2015
  • 345 Views, 5 Comments

The tale of CarmicWing: Adventures in skyrim - SketcherPad



There's a tale of a pony who was born with a cutiemark. Marked from birth to be great, but only known to the ones who made it so.

  • ...
8
 5
 345

Chapter 1: But it's only an old mares-tale....

I wasn’t like most ponies. I didn’t grow up to learn the joys of learning what you were meant to do, that special moment when you first see that your flank was full of purpose. I didn’t feel any of that joy, because I was born with my cutiemark. I was already marked from my first breath. My name is CarmicWing and this Is my story.

I wake up slowly with the sun blaring into my blurry vision, groaning when I was jostled. Looking around wondering where I was I looked over to see a gray Nordic earth pony with a yellow mane braided on the side wearing a blue sort of uniform, a dark green Nordic Pegasus with a light brown mane and was looking fearfully around us, and beside me was a light blue Nordic earth pony with a dirty yellow mane and was gagged for some reason.

“Hey you.” the gray pony nudged me with his tied hoof, making me look at him.

“your awake! You were trying to cross the boarder right?” I nod at him.”Walked right into that imperial ambush, just like us; and that thief over there.” The earth pony nodded his head to the panic struck one. He saw us notice him and started to get agitated at the other two for some reason.

“Damn you Stormcloaks! Skyrim was fine until you came along, empire was nice and lazy. If they hadn’t been looking for you, I could of stolen that cart and been halfway for Hammerfell.” He looks towards me and leans forwards a bit.

“you there, we shouldn’t be here! Its these Stormcloaks the empire wants.”

I look at him wondering what all this talk of the empire and these Stormcloak people they keep talking about, whats going on here…. I look over to the gagged one and see him staring at me, a curious look In his eyes. Like hes looking into my soul and trying to read it…

“were all brothers and sisters in binds now thief” the Grey one says with an edge to his voice seems like the thief hit a nerve.

“Shut up back there!” well sorry guard, were just getting carries off to who knows where. Well try to be more considerate to you.

I tune out the now hushed conversation as I look around to see if I can make out where were going. I can tell that we just arrived to a village that was surrounded by a wall, people outside there houses watching us go by, a few of the middle aged ones smirking and chuckling.

Whats going to happen to us.


I snap out of my thoughts when we stop. The others stand up so I figure I should do the same, so I don’t make the guards mad. We stop in front of a red female Pegasus with read armor and a glare that could kill, and dark Grey unicorn with the same thing on levitating parchment and a quill.

“Step towards the block when I call your name. One at a time” The red one harshly calls out- Wait, CHOPPING BLOCK?! I whip my head to the left, past the others, to see a stone block with blood dried on it and a pony holding an ax, smirking gleefully at all of us.

“empire loves there damn lists” not the time to be snarky Grey one!

“Ulfric Stormcloak..” so that’s the gagged ones name. “Jarl of Windhelm.” They have a jarl going to the chopping block...what is going on here…

“Ralof of Riverwood” The Grey one moves and smiles at me, walking to the others.

“Lokir of Roaikstead” said pony starts to panic and scream.

“NO, IM NOT A REBEL! YOU CANT SO THIS!”

He starts to run off, not very fast considering his hooves were tied up.

The red Pegasus rolled her eyes and motioned the guards to shoot him with there arrows and killing him, his blood splattering a little and his body falling lifeless to the ground. I stare in horror and feel a few tears come to my eyes. Home was nothing like this, thiers so much more bloodshed here….

“Next prisoner!” I flinch and freeze, not moving.
“but general...shes not on the list.” the unicorn looks at me than the list, tilting it to the Pegasus.

She glares at him and I walk to the group, not wanting to be shot down like lokir was.

I start walking to the group of ponies, now noticing that there all dressed in the same kind of clothes.

I stand there, my head down while the others talk and berate us. One of the poor souls gets called up to the block and I close my eyes, not wanting to see him get killed, but flinch as a I hear the chop and the sound of blood splattering to the ground.

“Next prisoner!” are those her words of the day or something!?

I feel a nudge on my flank and see a burly stallion with scars all over him. Suddenly we all hear a loud scream like roar and all flinch. What in the name of the gods was that?!

“Did you hear that?” no, we didn’t.

“I SAID..” she glared at everyone. Excuse us ma'am. “NEXT. PRISONER.”

The stallion behind me looked at me, with what looked like pity.

“I’m sorry..” was whispered into my ear as I was lead to the block. I nod my head to him and look down. I’m ready to accept my fate.

The general smirks at me and shoves her metal clad hoof between my shoulder blades, pushing me to the ground and my head on the block. Just at the ax was raised into the air another roar and sudden ground shaking startled us. Suddenly there was a shout, I dint hear it but..i felt it. It was was like I was being spoken to, but couldn’t understand what it was saying.

My vision clears and I look up to the top of the tower, my eyes widening and what felt like ten rocks dropping into my stomach. On the tower was a dragon, a dragon that no one has seen for thousands of years.

A dragon that’s now alive.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading the first chapter of this fic! its my first time writing =u=;
I will try to upload everyday and keep it consistent with the main plot of skyrim, with some side stuff to have fun with characters and have breaks from the plot!