• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 1,017 Views, 29 Comments

Singularity - Riley McApplePoneManJr



Erin and Riley are two humans who have special powers over four elements with Riley being a fire element and Erin being a lightning element. After an attack from the KAE, they are transported to Equestria and helped by a caring Fluttershy.

  • ...
14
 29
 1,017

Elements

“Shit,” yelled Riley as a bullet from the cars chasing them shot right past his head, into the side mirror.

“Erin. Pass the bloody pistol,” He said to his little sister who was hiding in the backseat.

“I can’t find it,” she replied.

“Dammit,” he cursed.

One of the cars chasing them pulled up next to Riley’s ute. He noticed the window of the other car shatter as bullets shot through it. Riley instantly retaliated and shot fire out of his hands towards the tyre, shredding it and causing it to skid to a halt and flip into a barrel roll.

The other car that was chasing them pulled up next to Riley’s ute. The passenger of the other car jumped out at Riley, smashed the window chasing some of the glass to put small cuts to Riley face. Surprised by the unwanted guest, Riley found himself in a headlock.

Riley thrust his head back and forth in an attempt to knock him off. That only resulted in the arm tightening around his neck. Thinking fast, Riley distracted the agent by swerving his ute in front of the other car, smashing the agent into the other car. While he was distracted, Riley slipped out of the headlock, grabbed the agent’s hair, smashed his forehead into the broken glass that was once his window and opened his car door, tossing the agent onto the windshield of his fellow agent’s car. Riley wasn’t satisfied with that and shot a ball of fire at the engine of the other car, engulfing it in flames and causing the car to explode in an almost cinematic effect.

Riley and Erin thought they had lost their pursuers. However one of the passengers from the other car jumped onto Riley’s ute unnoticed before his car exploded in a fiery blaze of glory.

“I think we lost them.” Riley said with a hint of relief in his voice.

“Where are we heading now?” Erin asked.

“Home.” Said Riley “We’ll be able to hold up there until the KAE leave.”

“Are you sure?” Erin asked. “Wouldn’t going to the caves be a better hiding spot?”

“I’m sure. And remember, whatever happens I’ll always look out for you and…”

“Love you,” Erin interrupted. “You’ve said that a million times Riley. I’m not a little kid anymore. I can take care of myself.”

“I know, but you’re my little sister and the only true family I have left.” He said.

“What about our Uncle?” Erin argued. “He’s family, to right?”

“Of course he is. I’m talking about bloodline.” Riley chuckled. “You and I are some of the last elementals on earth and were not going to be wiped out from some bloody, shit-faced bastards who think they have the right to exterminate innocent people for NO FUCKING REASON!!” He burst out, scaring Erin.

“Riley. You’re getting all worked up again. Take a deep breath.” Erin said. She knew Riley wasn't reasonable when he got like this.

Riley did as his sister asked then continued. “I’m sorry.” He apologized. “I just love you and never want to see you get hurt.”

Riley is extremely prone to anger when someone either threatens or tries to kill Erin. They were once mugged by some punk teens, some of which threatened Erin with a knife. Riley snapped and attacked the teens, snapping the necks of the first two and snatching the knife from the third on and eviscerating him through the eye socket with it. It scared Erin when Riley was angry but she knew he was a kind hearted person who would never hurt anyone if he didn’t need to. Sometimes he just overreacted, for better or for worse.

The agent from the KAE who jumped on the side of Riley’s car, smashed his window. Riley could see the sharp object he could only assume was a knife getting closer to his face.

“What the hell?!” Barked Riley.

“You elements disgust me!” the agent boomed “I vow to slaughter each and every single one of you. Men, women or child, I’ll kill them all, starting with yo…”

He never got to complete his sentence as a bullet went straight through his head, splattering his brain all over the windshield.

“I found the pistol.” Erin said cockily.

“Noted.” Riley grumbled as he pushed the body of the agent off his car to let him become road kill.

“Hey.” Erin blurted out “Just doin my job.”

Riley sighed as they continued down the highway, towards their home.

In Equestria

“GAHHHHH!!!!” Celestia screamed. Jolting awake from her slumber.

“Sister!!” Boomed a voice from down the hallway.

Celestia turned towards her bedroom doors. Standing there was a dark blue alicorn with a look of worry on her face. Celestia registered this as her younger sister Luna.

“Did you feel that too sister?” bellowed Luna.

“Yes I did.” Celestia replied. “And could you stop using the Royal Canterlot Voice please Luna.”

“Oh. I’m sorry sister.” She apologized. “I’m just worried.”

“It’s okay Lulu. You have every right to be.” Celestia cooed.

Celestia was right. They should be worried. For the past few days, they had been getting headaches from these terrible magic spikes that happened during the night. These spikes worried Celestia since they were caused by some sort of unknown magic that she had never felt before.

“Do you think it’s Discord?” Luna asked.

“I cannot be sure but, I don't think its him.” She agreed. “But until we can find out where these spikes are coming from, I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do then.”

“Can’t we just scan the magic signal the next time it comes up sister?” Argued Luna.

“NO!” Celestia bellowed in the Royal Canterlot Voice.

Luna jumped back.

“I’m sorry sister.” Said Celestia “I’m just afraid that scanning it might be lethal since the source of the magic is unknown and it may cause harm to you, me or any of our little ponies.”

“I guess you're right sister.” Luna acknowledged, feeling defeated. “I shall be returning to my duties. Get some sleep sister. It will still be night for a while.”

Celestia went back to bed but, did not sleep for the rest of the night. Her mind was racing a mile a minute. Thinking about what or who could be behind this. A trick from Discord, an illusion, a new form of magic. Celestia didn’t know. What she did know is if it was a threat to her ponies she would have to stop it personally.

Melbourne

Riley and Erin pulled up into the lonely, dusty driveway. Their home was an old Queenslander type of house on the outskirts of Melbourne that was owned by their Uncle. They pulled up to the house and got out. Riley was a tall man with a little bit of stubble and short brown hair which was covered up by his bushies hat while Erin had short and had long, thick brown hair which was pulled back into plats. The complete opposite look of Riley, except for them both having deep, beautiful blue eyes that mirrored their mothers.

They emerged from Riley’s ute and walked towards the front door. Only to be greeted by a man who looked about in his mid-50s, wearing a green cap and a very bushy beard.

“Uncle Burnie!” Erin shouted as she embraced him in a hug.

“*Oomph* Erin ya mongrel!” He shouted as he returned the hug.

Uncle Burnie turned towards Riley.

“Did ya get everything ya needed from the store?” He asked.

“No.” Riley replied. “We ran into trouble with some agents from the KAE.”

“Nasty buggers.” Uncle Burnie boomed. “Did ya lose them?”

“Yea.” Said Riley. “But hopefully they didn’t have any more agents following us.” Riley didn't really believe that. He knew they would never stop looking for them but, he had hope.

“Alright then. Let’s go take a look and see if you’ve damaged your ute.” Announced Uncle Burnie. “While you, Miss Erin, can go inside and have something to eat.”

“Thank you Uncle.” Erin said as she ran inside at the speed of light (literally) with a bolt of lightning behind her. One of her abilities is incredible speed.

“I tell ya.” Uncle Burnie pointed out. “When she gets her wings, she’ll be able to fly to Broome and back in five seconds!”

They both had a good laugh thinking about Erin flying to Broome.

“She’ll probably come back with her bags full of pearls.” Riley joked.

They both laughed even harder. Eventually they stopped laughing and went over with Uncle Burnie’s tool bag to see if there was any problems with Riley’s ute.

“Alright.” Announced Uncle Burnie. “You check the engine and I’ll check the sides for any damage.”

“Okay then.” Replied Riley.

They had just started when Uncle Burnie spotted something that made him stop in his tracks.

“HOLY SHIT!!!” He yelled at the top of his lungs.

“What is it Uncle Burnie?!” Riley said, pulling out his pocket knife.

“Yea,” Yelled Erin as she sprang up next to Riley holding a handgun “What did you find?”

“This.” He replied.

He was holding a blinking green, oval shaped device in his hand that had three letters inscribed on the back of it. K.A.E.

Riley froze. He knew what that was. A tracker. That god damn agent that tackled him while he was driving must have put it there. Erin on the other hand, didn’t know what it was and got curious.

“What is that?” She asked nervously.

“Erin. Go upstairs, pack some clothes into a bag as fast as you can and board up all the windows in the kitchen.” Riley ordered.”

“Why?” She asked. Confused by the sudden change in tone from her brother.

“Because we might have some unfriendly visitors.” Interrupted Uncle Burnie.

“But.” She stammered.

“No buts Erin.” Said Riley.

“But.”

“JUST GO!!” Yelled Riley.

Erin, perplexed that her brother just yelled at her, complied anyway and zipped towards her bedroom.

“Ya didn’t need to yell at her.” Uncle Burnie said furiously.

“I know.” murmured Riley as he dug his head into his hands.

“Go to my storeroom, grab your guns and go bunker down with your sister in the kitchen.” Declared Uncle Burnie. “I’ll rig up a little surprise for those bastards.”

“Yes sir.” Replied Riley as he ran towards the shed.

Uncle Burnie sat down next to Riley’s ute, pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, lit it and thought, “May god help us all.” He then inhaled hard, shortening the cigarette by a great amount. Exhaling he could feel some of the stress leaving his body.

He got up, went to the shed and grabbed a box labelled, EXPLOSIVE.

“If I can’t stop the KAE.” He thought. “Might as well go off with a bang.”

Author's Note:

Hey everypony.

This is the first chapter of my first story and I hope you enjoy it!

It may seem to centred in Melbourne, but this is just the first chapter. I'm building it up to when they get teleported into Equestria.