• Published 10th Apr 2015
  • 426 Views, 0 Comments

Through the Mysterious Portal - breyercrazy



Twilight and friends enter a portal and find themselves in Minecraft.

  • ...
6
 0
 426

The Tome

My Faithful Student Twilight Sparkle

I am sorry to hear of your misadventures. Hopefully this has taught you to beware strange portals...

I can offer you a good deal of assistance. I know the land you are in. The portal has sent you to the land of Minecraftia. It is a difficult land to live in, precisely because of the violent creatures that attack at night. I am so thankful you discovered their weakness - Light.

I will send you copies of some texts from the library which contain all of our knowledge of the world of Minecraftia. I have no doubt they will be of good use. I will also send you a book and quill, and some empty scrolls to send me messages on.

Be careful and cautious, my dear Twilight.

One more thing. The daytime passes very fast. The moon and sun always rise in the east and set in the west. Keep this in mind so you do not get caught out at night.

And never, ever dig straight down.

Princess Celestia

_______________________________________________________________


Spike woke wearily as he felt his fire awakening. With a flash of green fire, a bundle appeared. He turned towards the dozing ponies and gently shook Twilight awoke wearily, yawning as she turned towards the purple dragon, who held out the package. "I think you got a message from Celestia!" She stretched and grasped the package and began to open it.

First was the scroll bearing the princess' message. After thoroughly reading it, the alicorn passed on the scroll to Spike, and dug down into the bundle, revealing an ancient, dusty book, a worn book, marked with 'Tinkering: a Guide', a book called Beginner's Guide to Alchemy, one called Refining your Storage, one called Book of Herblore, one called The Noob's Guide to Tech, and another called Forestry: a beginning. an unused journal, and several empty scrolls, quills, and ink. She cooed over the worn tome, and lay down the books in the cave before placing the writing materials in her saddlebags. Around her, the other ponies were slowly awakening. As they sat near Twilight, Spike passed around the message from the princess.

Afterwards, they went to the exit of the cave. Twilight called out to Rainbow to fly out and see what could be seen. Gliding up into the sky should have been impossible because of the lack of wind, but somehow she managed it, like she had yesterday. The prismatic mare scanned the skies and land. "I don't spot anything hostile, it looks safe!" Rainbow dashed as she flew down to land with the rest, panting from the efforts of windless flight.

Twilight nodded, and called to the rest. "Okay, girls, let's eat, then i think i better get started on these books!" They filed out of the cave into the bright sunshine. Twilight estimated it was late morning. After a meal of grass and some of the remaining cherries, and a drink from a pond, she spoke up again. "Okay. I'm going to stay here, and read. I think you guys should explore the local area. But you should probably buddy up." The rest nodded. Rarity spoke up, "I think i shall stay here, Twilight, as i am sure i would not be very good exploring." Applejack and Rainbow snickered, and headed towards the woods. "I guess that leaves us together, huh, Fluttershy?" Pinkie grinned enthusiastically. "Y-yeah i guess..." With a shudder, Fluttershy headed off into the meadows near the ocean, with Spike and the ever-bouncing Pinkie following her.

Twilight shouted at the departing ponies to return before dark before settling down with Rarity and the old books. The ancient tome explained some of the basic resources, how to gather supplies, how to farm, how to craft. The dusty pages were filled with ancient knowledge. It told of the treasures of the earth, and basic uses. The Tinkering book had some information about advanced tools and something called a smelter. The alchemy book told all about how to use the potion maker mentioned in the tome. The next book instructed on how to create an excellent powered storage system, and the one after it referred to a nature based magic system. The last two books were, in one, all about basic tech, and the second, breeding and processing of trees and bees and the machines involved. Twilight and Rarity were marveling over the pages of the tome when the other ponies returned. It was starting to grow late. "Oh, i am glad you are all safe!" Twilight cheered. After a report on what was seen, she glanced up at the sun before beckoning to Applejack to follow her. They stopped at the edge of the wood. "All right, Applejack, try bucking this tree," Twilight instructed. Applejack looked strangely at the alicorn and the tome held in her magic. "All right then. Ah'll try." And with that, she unleashed a powerful kick to the base of the tree before turning. Both ponies watched, one with excitement, the other with confusion, as the block fractured and shrank into a miniature block. Twilight cheered and grabbed it, following the instructions of the book, and soon had four planks, which she turned further into a crafting block. "Well done, AJ! That's it! Can you break a couple more, please?

Applejack watched the alicorn run into the cave, wings fluttering with excitement, before giving a couple more hard blows. As before, the blocks of tree trunk miniaturized, and the farm pony gazed at the bizarre floating tree before clearing the rest of the trunk and being called into the cave.
The crafting bench had been placed, and everyone was marveling at it, as the studious pony took the blocks that had been handed to her by Applejack. Twilight crafted them into planks, turned some of the planks into sticks, and, referencing the old tome, brought the sticks and planks together into a wooden axe and pick. Oohs and ahhs echoed as they were lifted up in purple magic before being placed down. "All right, everyone! I'm going to cast the light magic now, let's all finish dinner and get a quick drink and settle down!" called Twilight as the sun hovered over the western horizon. When they had finished, they cuddled in a nervous pile. Twilight began writing a missive to the princess as they started to drift away to sleep.

Dear Princess Celestia

Thank you kindly for the extra writing supplies, books, and especially for the volume on this strange land! I have read it through, and i have no doubt it will be of great use.

The girls, Spike and i, have had a busy day. We're mainly eating grass. Also some flowers. Spike is not too happy with such a diet (but then neither is Rarity.), but he seems to be doing all right, i hope.

I have crafted our first tools, and hope to begin gathering supplies tomorrow, and starting a farm, now that i can make a hoe. I think Applejack will enjoy that.

So far, there doesn't appear to be a way to get home, but i do hope to find one. We have not seen anyone sentient, though there are certainly many strange creatures, and some are even common livestock! But everything is in squares and rectangles. It's so strange.

I miss you and Equestria. And my family, and i am sure the others miss theirs.

Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

So, normally one can't fly in Minecraft, in survival mode. I'm giving RD flight partly because she's an amazing flyer, and partly because she has wings. Fluttershy on the other hoof, will not be capable of flight, because she does not fly well in Equestria. However, RD will not be flying too much, or hovering much at all. And it will be more tiresome, because she's not used to windless air. More work flapping.
Applejack still has a good bit of raw strength. Only she, and possibly Pinkie, would be able to break a trunk block with one hit. The others can use axes though.
As for magic, i think i'm just gonna assume there's magic everywhere, like in Equestria, but probably less of it. Twilight can still do a lot, being an alicorn and the element of magic, but Rarity will probably be stuck with weak telekinesis. I can also see Twilight doing the enchanting and maybe even potions if they ever get ingredients

I might include enchanted books that can affect magic. Like, having one that is a fireball spell applied to an emerald that they can wear to access that spell. Oooh maybe i can pretend emeralds have that use since they don't have many uses. Heck i can almost imagine them giving the OTHER ponies magic! Oooooh...

Edited to fix a few things. And add to the author's note

Big edit to work with my modded modpack. I added a book that is one i actually wrote after looking up brewing stuff, so i could just look up alchemy (brewing) from the book, and the next new book is about applied energistics. I'm still learning about that and i added it for the nice storage system. One of the books is about MrCrayfishFurniture and the last one is about the basics of Bibliocraft, in particular the tables, chairs, and storage as the printing stuff is beyond me. -9/18/16

Made some updates based on the new pack. the list of books is as such: tome, TC guide, the alchemy book i wrote, an imaginary book about refined storage, the first book from Roots 2, another imaginary book that covers a lot of tech and tech based stuff, such as my favored toast power system., and lastly, an imaginary book about Forestry. 5/27/17