• Published 10th May 2015
  • 351 Views, 2 Comments

Spell Gone Wrong - Rainbow Swirl



Twilight gets a letter from Princess Luna for a spell. But, goes terribly wrong!

  • ...
 2
 351

Abandoned Barn

The two walked together, heading towards Twilight's library home. Once they got there both their legs were sore and stiff from the constant sitting in a bed not doing much. When they rested for ruffly 2 hours in the home with some chatting here and there Twilight looked out the window to see Spike returning home.

"Spikes coming back now Aj." Twilight said as she turned back to her friend who was sitting on a pillow in the middle of the room.

"Really, I thought he was here the whole time." Applejack said as she stood up and walked towards the window.

"He was leaving when we came in, but before he left he said he was taking a trip to Rarity's. I didn't ask why though, probably to help her make another line of clothing i'm sure." She said with a little giggle.

"Yea, haha, that's probably it." Aj said chuckling.

Spike then came in the door to greet the two mares, "hi Twilight, hi Applejack." He said smiling.

"You look like you had a good time Spike." Aj said with a smile.

"Yup, I sure did, Rarity is making an extra big line for Saddle Mane and she needed my help." He said boldly.

"Uh huh, Sure Spike," Aj said rather slow.

Twilight gave Applejack a nudge on the shoulder with a grin.

"Oh, it's about mid day already! I hate to leave on such short notice but I have to get back to the farm to harvest more of those apples.'' Applejack said quickly.

"Well alright, if you absolutely must, you can go." Twilight said stuttering slightly.

"Yea, you go." Spike said as he walked upstairs.

"Thanks you two, I'll see you around." She said as she hugged Twilight and waved goodbye.

She walked outside to still find her empty apple cart still in front of the library from when she came a week earlier. A little shocked but nothing much, she hitch herself up to the wagon, but as the harnesses weight was put on her shoulders and back there came an unbearable pain, she stood for a moment trying to stay upright but the pain was so excruciating she screamed as tears ran down her face. Twilight and Spike both ran outside to see Applejack, now at this point had collapsed on to the dirt road. Twilight and Spike exchanged worried looks as they grabbed the unconscious earth pony. It took a few minuets but with the two working together they were able to unhook Aj from the wagon and get her inside.Applejack woke a few minutes later to find herself on Twilight's bed. She suddenly jolted her head upright from the seemingly sudden change, but as she did new waves of pain coursed through her whole backside. She winced at the new sensation and threw herself back on the bed.

Twilight suddenly came up the stairs and looked worried, "Applejack! I heard you scream, is something wrong?!" she said concerned.

"ugh, I'm ok, just got a little light headed I suppose." Aj said trying to sound happy, but showing clear signs of pain.

''You are in no condition to pull that wagon AJ. You need to rest some more, I'm not as bad off as you, so I can take over for you.'' Twilight said kindly.

''But I don't need your help sugarcube. I ugh, I can do this on my own.'' AJ said sitting up with a huff and held her stomach trying to seem strong.

''You can't even put the harness on without collapsing! Let alone that you'd have to drag that wagon back and drag it with apples in it! you collapsed because of all that weight, and you weren't even fully hitched to the wagon!'' Twilight said stomping her hoof on the wood floor.

''But...'' Aj said trying to revolt.

''No buts, you need help and I'm not letting you leave until you let me help you.'' She said with a very stern almost angered tone of voice.

''huff! ugh, huh, Fine.. I'll let you help me.'' she groaned as she sat up on the bed.

"Good, will leave in about a half an hour." Twilight said giving a kind smile.

"Ugh, ok, but we can't take to long." Aj said laying back on the bed.

Just then spike came up the stairs with a tray of crackers and tomato soup. "Here you go Aj." Spike said putting the tray on the bedside table.

With a grudge Aj took the soup in her hoof and took small spoon fulls at a time, blowing on them to cool the boiling substance. With a glass of water from Twilight and the bland crackers they all snacked on a few and chatted. After they all finished the meal Spike took the tray into the kitchen and Twilight helped Aj to get her outside.

"Do you think you can take it from here?" Twilight said concerned letting Aj now stand by herself.

"Yea Twi, I'm just wonderin if you can make it to the farm with the wagon?" Applejack said with a small giggle.

"I think so, I just have to maneuver the harness to make it the least painful." Twilight said slowly lifting the harness onto her back.

Gently, Twilight moved the harness onto her shoulder blades and buckled the two straps. The first one went around her neck and the second strap went just beyond her shoulders. With a few odd looks from Aj they set off for Sweet Apple Acres. About and hour later they arrived at the farm, but it didn't seem quite right. Without the bustle of Aj, Sweet Apple Acres nearly looked, abandoned. Twilight looked at the clock tower on the edge of town just to the east and could make out that it was 2 o'clock in the afternoon. This meant that Apple Bloom was still in school with the cmc. And Aj had stated that along the way that Granny Smith was out selling some of the last of the zap apple jam in town. They walked into the clearing between the barn and the house to find the only pony that was here. Big Mac was in a little clearing that as surrounded by apple trees. In the clearing was a red and white checkered blanket with a picnic basket and two sets of plates with silver ware. Twilight pondered for a moment and came to the conclusion that Big Mac was preparing a date for him and Cheerilee. As they walked closer to the barn Twilight tried to get his attention. But before she could, he went back into the orchard, to probably buck more apples. With a small shrug and a sigh she unhitched herself from the wagon and walked Applejack inside.

As Applejack laid in bed she said, ''Twilight, are you absolutely positive that you can do this on your own?''

''Of coarse AJ! I will never let one of my friends down!'' She said happily as she hugged AJ.

After the hug Aj laid down to rest and Twilight slowly closed the door behind her and set out to buck some apples.