• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 1,871 Views, 66 Comments

Canterlot High - A Magical Place - Rayli



Matt has just starting attending Canterlot High. He recently moved from out of town, and can't help but feel it's going to be a... magical experience. And he certainly is right, there's lots of magic involved. Possibly too much for even him.

  • ...
7
 66
 1,871

Chapter 11 - Cadence, the Matchmaker

If there's one thing Cadence was good at, it was finding love for others. You could basically call her the ultimate matchmaker. Every time she'd used her matchmaking abilities, it always ended up well for her victims. She's even used it at her Aunt's school, Canterlot High (Her aunt was Principal Celestia). She'd made many kids fall in love with each other. Of course, most of the time, her husband, Shining Armor, disapproved. So eventually, she only told him bits about it, and he briefly "scolded" her (he just said "are you still doing that, Cadence?"). Today, however, she would have the hardest time playing Matchmaker. Today, while she was visiting her aunt, she'd find a boy who she'd need to work seriously hard on to find a love. This boy's name? Matt. It seemed as if he didn't work at all with someone, unless it was the absolute right person. Of course, she'd asked Celestia for a tour around the school, even though they both knew she already knew the school inside out. Celestia knew she just wanted to play matchmaker, and suprisingly, Celestia had let her. Cadence asked for Matt to be her tour, which surprised Celestia.

"So... I'd like to "get a tour" around the school, Aunt Tia." Cadence asked, making her intentions very clear. Even Celestia knew what she was trying to get at here.

"You just want to play matchmaker again, don't you, Cadence?" Celestia asked, seeing right through the facade she was trying to put up.

"It'll make the student's life better, Tia! They'll be happier as a result, aunt! It's perfect!" Cadence said, now resorting to a half-beg.

"Alright, Niece. But only because you believe it will make my student's lives better." Celestia said, hiding her enthusiasm, but Cadence knew she wasn't like this. She knew Celestia thought it was fine.

"Awesome, can I grab any student?" Cadence asked, Celestia nodding her head.

"Sure, Cadence. What student would you like to... *ahem*... grab?" Celestia asked, curious of the answer Cadence was going to pull out of her hat.

"There's this student named Matt, I think a little love would spice up his life a bit." Cadence asked, with the reaction coming from Celestia next unpredictable. Celestia simply laughed.

"You want the new kid to fall in love? *Uncontrollable laughter* Good luck. You should know he believes that he's perfectly fine on his own, however. He doesn't believe that love is an important part of his life. As good as you are, niece, I don't think you can pull this one off." Celestia said, offending Cadence. She officially took this as a challenge now. Celestia seemed to have realized this in the serious facial expression on her face.

"Are you saying that I can't make this student's perfect match?" Cadence asked in a 'Really? You're saying this can't happen?' tone.

"Yes, I am. You're going to fail, Niece. I hope you've expected this. Unless... you think you can do it." Celestia asked, a smirk growing on her face.

"Challenge Accepted." Cadence said, as she left the room. She searched the whole school to find Matt, until she found him goofing off in the gym, playing a game on his 3DS. It seemed to be his free period, which was good for Cadence. Now she could really have a good reason to pick him. She found herself staring at him for a while, until Matt finally said something.

"Hello? Is there something I can help you with?" Matt said, in a rude tone. Cadence, however, wasn't offended by this at all. She actually found it rather amusing.

"Principal Celestia said you'd give me a tour around the school! Great, isn't it?" Cadence cheerfully cried, with Matt giving her a look like 'Wut da FU-' I mean, 'Wut'.

"Wut." Is all that came out of Matt's mouth, because he was at a loss of words. Why did he of all people have to give this woman a tour? He deserved to be playing on his 3DS. No... it was his right to be playing on his 3DS. He shouldn't have been doing this, he should have been playing, goofing off.

"That's right, silly!" Cadence said. Matt simply sighed, and showed her to the main entrance. They walked by Math class, where Sunset, Pinkie and Applejack were all in the class. The three of them saw Matt with this woman, however. The Former two (Sunset and Pinkie) were wondering who this woman was. Applejack explained to the former who she was, because she'd met Cadence personally before. Her and Fluttershy, had.

"She's Celestia's niece, Cadence, otherwise, known as the Matchmaker." Applejack said, in a 'Yeah, I know it' kind of tone. This pulled a surprised look on Shimmer and Pie's faces, however. The word matchmaker and Matt used in the same scenario were not good for them.

"Oh my, I wonder who she's going to put him with. They say that the relationships she puts people with always works out, if not, then at least in the beginning to the middle." Applejack said. As she said that, Matt and Cadence finally reached the main entrance of the school.

"Well, here it is! The main entrance of our school. It's pretty big and all, and it leads to the other areas of the school. So... yeah. Should I show you some of the classrooms?" Matt asked, turning from a 'this is it' to a question type of tone.

"Sure! We'll start with Mathematics, I guess." Cadence said, not knowing the things between Pinkie/Sunset and Matt. As Applejack was done explaining to the other two girls who Cadence was and what she did, Cadence and Matt walked in the room. They simply went to the back of the room, and Matt explained what they were learning about. Cadence, however, wanted to get this started. She wanted to get the show on the road.

"Hey, Matt, can you pick a girl to come and tour with us?" She asked, with the trio (Sunny, Pinkie and Apple) hearing her. They all expected it to be one of them, but everyone was surprised by what (who) Matt said next. Even the girl he picked was surprised.

"I'd like Trixie to come tour with us." He said, sort of sealing his fate. The trio and Trixie simply looked in shock. Trixie got up, however, and gave Matt a smile.

"Trixie would love to tour with Matt." She said, as they walked out of the classroom. The trio simply looked in awe, amazement, shock, and confusion, as they left the room. Matt picked Trixie? What was happening here?

Author's Note:

Hehe, that's something not even I saw coming!