• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 539 Views, 11 Comments

Reflections - Amethyst Flower



Luna just wants to be treated like the other princesses. But can anyone get over her past? No, they can't. And neither can Luna.

  • ...
3
 11
 539

Chapter 6. - Reflections: Confused

"I can't believe you!" Loyalty yelled.

Luna looked down, ashamed.

"You invaded my privacy! YOU VISITED MY DREAM!!"

"I'm sorry, I just got too curious," Luna said, almost crying.

"But we're friends... Friends don't do things like that... You could at least have asked!"

"Loyalty, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I promise," Luna said.

"How do I know that I can trust you?" Loyalty asked with a glare.

Luna looked into Loyalty's eyes and said, in a rather harsh tone of voice. "Because I promised. Luna never breaks her promises!"

Loyalty sighed. "What all did you see of my dreams? I don't remember a lot about your visit, all I know is, you were there."

Loyalty had come around the next morning acting like nothing was wrong. He asked Luna to hang out, she agreed and asked her father to go out, Loyalty helped her out of the window, they started flying, and then it came. The truth. That he knew. And then came angry voices and arguments and Luna being on the very brink of tears. She had never cried since she had to leave Tia and work on spells in her father's Night Castle. Never cried since. Never. She had to be strong. But now she was very close to crying.

"I... I saw..." A single tear drop slid down Luna's cheek. "Oh, Loyalty, I'm so sorry. I'm such a horrible pony! I wish I weren't princess of the night. I wish I couldn't see dreams! I wish I weren't separated from Tia! I just wish that things were different. And I'm so very, very sorry!"

Loyalty put one of his purple wings around Luna as she burst into tears. "There, there Luna. It's alright. I'm sorry for being so harsh. I know how hard everything is for you."

"Things are hard for you too," Luna said.

"So, you found out that I'm an orphan..."

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Luna asked, brushing tears away with her hooves.

Loyalty shrugged. "I don't know... I guess I didn't feel like it was important..."

"Where do you live?" Luna asked.

Loyalty took her hooves in his and he smiled. "I'll show you." He started flying. "Follow me." Luna did. They flew until they came to a waterfall. "It's behind the waterfall," Loyalty said.

Luna raised an eyebrow. "Behind the waterfall?"

Loyalty nodded. "Come on."

Luna followed Loyalty through the waterfall and to a little cave. It is furnished with a bed, a food storage place, several books, a box for a desk sort of thing, and several candle sticks. "Wow, you did this?" Luna asked.

Loyalty nodded. "Yep. It's all mine."

"Um... how did your parents die? You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to..."

Loyalty sat down on his bed. "It was a fire. My family were pegasi that lived on the ground, and a big fire swept the country side, and burned our house down. I tried to save them, but all I saved was this stuff. I started carrying stuff out of the house, when my father yelled that the fire was heading our way." He started to get a bit choked up. "I thought they would get out, but they went to save my little sister who was upstairs. I didn't know. I tried to rush back inside and save them..."

Loyalty's story seemed a bit jumbled up and slightly confusing to Luna, but he had said enough for her to understand. "I'm very sorry." She sighed. "I've been complaining about my problems and acting like a spoiled brat, when really, you have problems that are much worse than mine."

"No, Luna, it's fine. I like living by myself. Besides, the fire was years ago, so... I think I've recovered."

"I really don't think that you're quite old enough to be living completely by yourself," Luna said.

Loyalty shrugged. "I'm fine. Besides, it's only a couple more years until I'm officially old enough and can get a big job and stuff. I do odd jobs to make money for food and books, and I get by. Besides, I have you as a friend, don't I?"

Luna nodded. "Yes, but-"

Loyalty held up a hoof and cut her off, "But nothing."

"Sorry, again, that I've been so horrible."

"You haven't been completely horrible," Loyalty teased.

Luna gave him a glare.

"But I do forgive you for visiting my dreams," he said, sincerely, this time.

They looked into each other's eyes, and Luna felt something. She wasn't completely sure what it was. Celestia would probably know, but of course she couldn't ask her, and especially not right now. Maybe Father had a book or something that would tell what this feeling was? Or maybe it was something that ponies didn't write about... But, yet, didn't ponies write about anything and everything? Maybe not... Or...

Oh moon! Luna thought, when she realized that Loyalty was really close. What was happening? Luna didn't know.

"You asked in my dream, why I dream about kissing you..." Loyalty said.

"Uh.... yes...." Luna said, unsure of what was going on. And why was her heart racing so much? Loyalty was just her friend! She wasn't supposed to think anything about him other than... Moons, moons, what was going on? Why was Luna feeling this way.

"It's because... I'd like to in real life," Loyalty said, honestly.

Wait.

"I like you Luna," Loyalty said.

Oh. Moon. What? WHY?

Loyalty leaned in closer, and Luna felt frozen. She had no idea what to do. Should she move? What would happen if she moved? What would happen if she didn't move? Did she want to move? Would moving mean avoiding Loyalty's kiss? If that was what was going to happen... Would it? Did she want to avoid it? Did Luna have... No! She didn't like Loyalty in that way did she? He sure seemed to. Well, he said he did...

Before Luna could do anything, a voice suddenly called out, "Luna? Where are you? Princess Luna! Get out here, right now, where ever you are!"

Luna gasped, jerked back, and banged her head on the roof of the little cavern. "That's my father!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Loyalty asked. "But how did he..."

Luna cut him off, "I have no idea! But I need to get out there right now, if I don't want to get in deeep trouble!"

Before Loyalty could say anything, Luna dashed out of the cavern, spraying the water from the waterfall everywhere, and flew quickly over to her father. "I'm sorry, was I gone long?" Luna gasped.

Her father gave her a slight glare. "For two hours!"

Luna's eyes nearly bulged out of her head. "What?!" she exclaimed. "Oh, I'm dreadfully sorry, Father! I didn't realize how long I had been out. I was flying, and it was such a nice day, and..."

Luna's father cut her off. "I don't need an excuse. I need you to get back to the castle immediately! We need to work on more spells! I thought you were more responsible than that Luna!"

Luna hung her head. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a mad Loyalty peeking out from the waterfall. She knew that he wanted to come defend her. She shook her head, enough that Loyalty will know that he is not to come out or things will get ten times worse, but too little for her father to think she is signalling to someone.

"Let's go," her father said.

"Yes, Father," Luna said, obediently.

As they fly away from the waterfall, Luna looked back, to see if Loyalty was still there. He must have back in his little cavern, for she could not see him.

What just happened? Luna wondered. She had absolutely no idea, except for two things: Loyalty obviously liked her as more than a friend, and she almost had her first kiss.