• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 924 Views, 27 Comments

Hand In Hand - Bysen



Lyra always loved the way her hands danced across the keys of her piano and was even called a prodigy, playing a concert hall by the age of 13. When she loses an arm in an accident she deals with depression for 3 years until one day she meets Bon-bon

  • ...
4
 27
 924

Red Ending

Her door opened “Uhhh… you’re letting the cold air out…” she groaned as she rolled over, facing away from the light now coming into her room and pulling a handful of sheet into her chest. Her brother wouldn’t be home by now so it had to be one of her parents. They’d have to have noticed by now. On the other hand, it was Friday though which meant “What’s up Bon-bon?” she asked without facing her friend.

“Lyra quick!” Bon-bon yelled as she slammed the door closed and pressed her back up against it. “Get out of bed. They’re coming!” she said with fear evident in her voice.

“What?... who's coming?”

“Zombies!

Lyra stayed silent for a moment before blurting out the first thing she could think of. “Wut?...” Sitting up in her bed and turning towards her friend, she noticed bon-bon was covered in blood. For a practical joke… it was pretty convincing looking blood. Not the hollywood stuff that doesn’t smear at all but it looked like she’d tried to rub it off and just ended up spreading it. And it had a similar look soaked into her cloths in places too.

The aircon had mostly drowned it out but now that she thought about it, she could hear some weird stuff coming from outside. So she actually looked out the window. Three people crouching over the half-body of someone else. Yep. Clear sign of zombies. “Are these undead zombies, infected zombies or fungal zombies?” Lyra asked with exact determination.

“I don’t know but they’re eating people.”

“Well that doesn’t narrow it down a lot but does lessen the odds of cortercepts. If they’re undead then we’ll head north to somewhere it snows. Undead don’t generate heat so they'll freeze solid in snow. If they’re infected than the best bet is to hole ourselves up and let them starve themselves out. If they’re fungal then they’ll still be susceptible to fire. Either way, we need weapons, canned food, bottles of water and some bad arse theme music.”

Next time on The Trotting Dead!

“I can’t leave her!”
“I don’t care if she can’t help build your damn walls, Bon-bon is not joining the scouting regiment!”
“Bon-bon I’m slipping!”
“I used to be depressed… I lost a lot. But… it’s kinda funny actually. For you your life ended when the zombie apocalypse began. For me…” Lyra said as she grabbed Bon-bon’s hand in her own. “For us… that’s when it truly started.”