• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 1,300 Views, 4 Comments

Darkness and Light - Dark_Soliloquy



This is a story of the two alicorn sisters, a tragic story... Their story is a dark one, a troubled one. And Luna isn't the only one who struggled. As much as Luna was pained, Celestia was even more. But she's just hiding it better...

  • ...
2
 4
 1,300

The Memories that Bind us

Celestia walked into the throne room, oblivious to what was about to happen.

"Not another step!" She herd her sister, Luna, call.

Thus begins the story of the two alicorn sisters, or at least that's what everypony says. But our story actually begins long, long ago...

~oOo~

"Catch me, Tia!" Luna laughed. She smiled with glee as her sister came flying towards her, hooves outstretched. The little filly loved playing games with her sister Celestia, and for some reason Luna always seemed to win those games, for Tia allowed her sister to win.

But something was different this time. Celestia saw Luna staring at... Something in the bushes that she herself could not see from that angle. "Luna?" Celestia called warily. "Are you alright?"

Luna slowly turned toward Celestia.
"What? Oh, I'm... I'm fine... I'm coming." Luna didn't seem very convinced of the fact, and her voice was barely a whisper.

Celestia wondered for a moment if her sister really was alright. After all, nopony could be there, for nopony came to the Everfree forest except for her and Luna, of course. Ponies would flee from the forest, but Tia and Luna thought it wasn't all that bad. Their castle resided deep into Everfree. And everyday, every morning, they would explore. Sometimes the sisters would get more than they bargained for, like a little run-in with Poison Joke, but they loved it. Perhaps Luna found a strange new plant...?

Tia reached Luna's side and looked right into her bright blue eyes. "Luna, what did you see?" Celestia's eyebrows were furrowed with concern.

"Nothing. Tia, I'm fine." Luna almost rolled her eyes.

But what Luna did actually see, Celestia would never know. If only she knew that what Luna saw would change their life, all their troubles could've been avoided.

But alas, the world does not run that way. It is unforgiving.

Author's Note:

The next chapter is on its way. Stay tuned and let me know if there is any issues about this. And know that this story will have 3 chapters, each will be relatively short.