• Published 16th Mar 2015
  • 659 Views, 45 Comments

Catching the rainbow - keam



Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. Loyalty and laughter. Two ponies painted in two different coloures, that no one would try to combined.Yet they have somehow ended up combinded. Rainbow Dash know the story, and one night she decide to share it with Pinkie

  • ...
3
 45
 659

Chapter 3: Something wrong turned right

Everything, absolutly everything had gone wrong that day. They’d woken up with another cutiemark, another talent, and everything felt so wrong. yet they couldn’t remember when it felt right, couldn’t remember what was wrong.

But for the young mare whose story we’ve been following, things had started to turn around, started to be right again. But there was still one thing left…

She looked out over the empty fields, at the few dead crops still standing in the dried-up ground.

She looked at her friend, the honest, hardworking farmer. She looked so confused, didn’t understand why she were here, why it felt so wrong inside.

But it was not her friends lost, empty facial expression that tore the young mare's heart apart. It was their other friend, just as lost and empty, slaving away on the orchard to no use.

She had promised herself to protect that friend with all she had, because without that silly goofball, she’d have everything yet nothing. Nopony and nothing would be worth smiling for any more.

The pegasus mare helped the pink mare, and showed the farmer, who really should be working out here in the orchards, what to do.

She watched as her friend rediscovered herself, until she glowed with a bright orange light from within, representing her essence, what had been locked away when she got the wrong cutiemark and the wrong destiny.

She saw her friend get a necklace put around her neck, and her eyes widen as it all came back to her, as her essence was unlocked, and her wrongly placed cutiemark replaced.

She watched her now once more normal apple farmer friend take her beloved creation upon her back. The three misplaced red apples fitting all too well against her pink coat. But they weren't supposed to. It was wrong...so wrong.

She watched the apple farmer carry her confused friend , and seeing them come closer and closer to Ponyville made her think.

When she first came to this town, it became her duty to make sure her friend was happy and satisfied, because she knew, that this mare, whether she knew it or not, carried all the smiles in the nation inside her…

But there was more than that. There was always more. Much like how Gepetto cared for Pinocchio, the pegasus mare wanted everything to be perfect for her little creation. Never would she have to feel sadness or loss, never be judged upon. The Pegasus mare wouldn't allow that.

Because she planted the rainbow inside this mare, forming her destiny and her mark. And what you cause, you need to take responsibility for, that's what her parents always told her.

The fact was, she had caused all of this. Everyone of her six friends, their destinies, their lives and their marks had been caused by her rainbow, by her destiny. Through being loyal, through never leaving their side, she took responsibility.

The mare loved and cared for all her friends, but none more so than the pink one. She had seen the rainbow in her eyes, and it had formed her.