• Published 2nd Apr 2015
  • 385 Views, 0 Comments

Two Portals Away - RowanSkie



Victor Von Saphyr, a clumsy scientist, ends up in Equestria, and learns that he's not the only human from his world to enter there.

  • ...
8
 0
 385

A Portal Away - Chapter 1

Twilight Sparkle looked at me before moving the crystal portal near us.

"Ready?" she asked, my heart pounding fast.

"I..." I looked at my hoof and my flank. "I'm not quite sure, Twilight."

"Oh, you're blushing," Twilight noticed, before noticing it myself. "You're not joking, are you?"

"But..." I struggled to say something, but I stopped with a familiar answer. "Will this ever hurt you?"

She froze, and looked at me. "Will it be?" she said back.

I trotted closer to her and nuzzled Twilight before looking at the portal.

'Well then, mister, home's just the second portal away...' I began moving closer until Twilight stopped me and kissed me on the mouth. We stopped kissing and nuzzled each other, before I waved goodbye and entered the portal.

On the other side, I felt dizzy. I shook my head and looked at my hoof, or, rather, hand. Hands! Oh, I missed them! I kissed them before I saw a familiar hand. Sunset Shimmer's hand. I reached out and stood up straight.

"Hey, welcome back to the human world, Doc," Sunset greeted. "Your friends are waiting."

"The other lab boys back at the Labs?" I looked at the crystal portal and touched it for a little bit before looking back at Sunset. "Lead the way."

We began walking and I waved to a few persons I knew before I went through the portal. Among those persons were the Sisters ruling the school, the Rainbooms, who were practicing another song, Sonata, who waved back, and lastly, a local who was aware of the school's crazy antics.

"I'll leave you here," Sunset said, stopping. I stopped too. "See you soon, Emerald."

I winced at my new name. Emerald. Sounded like a good name after all. I went along, wondering about the name, when a hand touched my shoulder.

"You okay? Victor, you okay?" a voice asked. I looked back, and nodded. "Tell me about it, Doc."

"I..." I thought about my friends before pulling out my Chronosocket and pressing the EMP button. "Sorry, dear Jane."

The supposed-EMP blast created a five-mile smoke cloud, enough to escape Alerith Labs' security. I quickly ran into another house, entered, and locked the door. The persons inside, Sunset Shimmer and Mina Alexa Santalune, claps and cheers for me.

"Victor, welcome to Station 17, now," Mina proclaimed. "Tell me the journey from the start. I'll relay it through Rarity, then she'll relay it to Twilight. Your Twilight."

"Deal. I hope she gets it..." I breathed deeply before starting.


"Eldrick! Stop! You do know that Equestria is highly not recommended to be visited by us!" a scientist shouted to me.

I almost forgot to introduce myself, I'm Dr. Victor Von Saphyr. I'm a scientist at Alerith Laboratories, a science and magic facility. I was a test scientist, one of the new rookies of the facility. I'm also known as Eldrick Von Saphyr, for I am his twin brother. And they confuse me for him a lot.

"My name is Victor, for Christ's sake!" I shouted back, "AND LET ME!"

"No, and Victor, you don't know why we aren't letting anyone," a voice commanded over the speakers, "because the last one who volunteered didn't come back."

"I don't exactly remember someone volunteering to go there," I defended, "it was rather the opposite!"

"Alas! We're NOT letting anyone go there!" she shouted. The shout was so loud, the ground shook a bit. "You're temporarily suspended to chamber work, Dr. Victor Von Saphyr."

"Chamber work" is a nickname for "observation room" for all the suspended personnel are sent there. It was supposed to be my third time there, but I felt something I couldn't explain. Then the alarms blazed.

The announcer began to relay an evacuation order. "All units, leave the immediate area now."

I was about to follow when I heard whispers. I looked back and saw a portal forming right next to me. I approached it, even if the others wanted me to leave. I touched it with my finger, and I felt like this lead to Equestria.

More likely, the world with Canterlot High in it, because I didn't feel like a pony.

So I stepped back a bit, looked at the nearby camera, then began stripping my lab equipment off. Then I dashed my way to the portal.

"NO! STO-" The portal cut them off. I was surprised in what I saw. It was... the Multiverse itself. A huge mass of cosmos right in my eyes. And I was speeding fast through them. Where...? I suddenly stopped after hitting a wall. That's when stuff happened.

A group of rebels looked at me and confiscated my Chronosocket. They removed all the items it had and throwed it back to me. The leader of these rebels approached me.

"What's your name, Alerith Lab boy?" she asked.

I was stunned. "Vic... Victor Von Saphyr." I replied. I heard conversations over the air. "Why? Who are you guys?!" I held my Chronosocket and prepared to click the EMP Button.

"Won't work, we all have one, and ISAMD might need a little intel from someone," she explained. The name hit me. International Science and Magic Division Enrichment, also known as ISAMD, has fallen, but apparently it really wasn't. "My name's Mina Alexa Santalune, and call me Lumi, or Mina."

Mina... "Where am I?" The name was familiar.

"Equestria. Or, an alternate dimension of it. You know, EG?" she replied with a smile. "Home base's back at Dystinia Corp HQ."

My growing smile faded. "So you guys were the rival," I deadpanned, "and winning."

"Apparently... no." She took her Chronosocket and clicked the EMP button of it. I was shocked when the EMP blast reached 9 miles long.

"How'd you do that?" I asked. "Impossible for a Chronosocket to make 9-mile EMP blasts!"

"It's simple. It's not." The knife-like tool kit turned into a simple 90's phone. "See?" It turned back into a Chronosocket.

"You're... related to him." I realised. "You're related to Mark Johnson Crafters."

"Yup," she said, smiling, "one of the firsts!"

"'Firsts?' No no no," I defended, "the first three reincarnations were in secret."

"Or, Minecraftified," she corrected. Before I could make any more excuses, a girl with yellow and orange hair entered the room and looked at me.

"He's..." Sunset twitched. "But I thought he's dead!"

"If you mean my twin brother, Eldrick, he's a girl," I corrected. "Name's Victor."

Then, there was a flash of light, and I was back at the multiverse, rather, standing in the middle of nowhere. Sunset Shimmer and Mina Santalune were with me this time.

"We'll have to bring you into the newer fresh dimension sets," Sunset proclaimed, sending shivers down my spine. "We can't risk of the Alerith group to find us."

"Where am I going?" I asked.

"Simple." Mina began to glow. "We're sending you into Season 3 timeline. Enjoy. The crystal mirror, however, will lead you back here." She vanished.

"Oh, no," I commented, "Sunset, you too?"

"I have to alert my other self there too, so yeah." She vanished too. It felt like a lie though.

Then I felt an electric sensation before being knocked out.


I woke up at a hospital, with ponies running around and a few armor-wearing ponies observing me. I shuddered as a tall white pony with a teal mane and both wings and horn approached me. I tried to move, but then I learned that my hands and feet were strapped.

"You may leave me now," the alicorn commanded, before looking straight in my eyes. "What is your name, dear human?"

"Vic...vic... Victor Von Saphyr," I replied, trembling.

"I haven't seen a human be in this much fear, honestly," the pony confessed, "and to think to turn you temporarily into a pony, I am Princess Celestia."

"Me? Pony?" I asked, "Do it, please! I don't want to be the only human here! Please!"

Honestly, it was my fear shouting out. I couldn't move. So I let my mouth speak.

"I wanted to visit Equestria, but since I took a vortex instead of the regular way my old friend told me, I was rather teleported into a version of where Sunset Shimmer lives..."

Celestia giggled. "You do know that the Sunset Shimmer you just knew is the Sunset Shimmer I once knew here?" I winced. "Glad to see you meeting her. So, any plans, mister?"

"Um... I want..." I bit my lips. "I want to stay as long as possible." She was stunned. "I want to have a long rest from my crazy job where I just push buttons. I wanted to see new things, and I have just heard of Equestria. So I wanted to visit it."

"Oh." I watched her horn light up. "I will need you to sleep. Will you do that for me?" I nodded.

I closed my eyes and hoped for the best.


I looked around and then at the ground. I was standing on cement, and I sighed. I looked in front of me and nearly jumped as I saw another winged unicorn, or should I say, alicorn. Since I was reading enough items, I thought she was Princess Luna. And I was right.

"Art thou the human who trespassed our land?" she asked. I nodded. "Why didst thou just do so?"

"Dimensions, sciency stuff, and I wanted to see Equestria..."

"Oh," she looked around, "seems like thou cannot simply lie." My eyes grew wide. "But, is it true that thou wishest to stay?"

I nodded, "I can't live like I used to."

"Alright then, human, should we tell thee that thou art now a unicorn? ‘Tis time to wake up."


I woke up, still being observed by ponies, and I looked at my hands. Wait. Hooves, they were hooves. So, I was now a blue pony. That's what it feels like to be a pony. But feeling a bump in my head just made me smile a bit.

"Thank Celestia for letting me," I whispered.

I stood and tried to balance myself on four hooves. Man, hard as it is. The fact that there were ponies still staring at me rather made me more nervous. It's like they're watching you walk. As I struggled to stand, somepony helped me, and I looked into whoever that might be.

"Thanks..." I said, before realising who I was talking to.

"Maybe you should ask the other ponies first," she advised.

"T-thanks for the tip, miss...?"

"Twilight. Call me Twilight," she replied.

"Okay, um..." I did make impressive progress a bit, but since I was new here, it wasn't really noticeable. So under supervision of the Sisters, I trained myself to adapt myself and blend in. After a few weeks with Twilight periodically suspiciously looking at me, I went out to the wild.

I didn't know where I was going, honestly. So I retraced back my steps, and ended up in the Everfree Forest. Chills ran up my spine. It really was creepy and unnatural, and I was right inside of it. Now I was scared as a filly. Probably because my days in Equestria were equal to a filly, that is. I slowly walked around, trying to avoid flowers and bushes. After some careful walking, I end up at Sweet Apple Acres. Ponyville at last! I took a step but tripped.

I ended up rolling into a basket full of apples, and an orange pony with a cowboy hat looked at me suspiciously.

"Where'd you come from?" she asked.

"Uh... lost from the Everfree Forest?" I replied. The gaze disappeared, phew.

"Why were you lost in the Everfree Forest?" she asked.

"I don't know." I went out of the basket, and made my mane cover half of my eye. "Ok, that was ridiculous mane-style I've gotten into."

I took my comb, well, teleported my comb from my saddlebag that I was renting, and fixed my mane. The mare looked stunned.

"Oh, you're that human," she said, "are ya?"

I nodded.

"Then, I'll reckon you were practicin'?"

I shook my head.

"Wanted a walk?" she asked in a very serious tone.

I nodded.

"Well, sugarcube, I'm Applejack. Welcome to the Swee' Apple Acres." She bucked the tree beside her. "And you?"

"Um... not quite entirely sure... but I was called Victor Von Saphyr back at home," I replied.

"Victor?" She bucked another tree. "That ain't a fancy name at all."

"Well... sort of," I said.

"So, thought any pony name for yer stay?" Applejack asked, and I froze. "Said somethin'?"

"Emerald Dust, or maybe Opal Gemstone..." I replied. "Sorry, I was just shocked."

Sure I was.

Author's Note:

Now that's a fanfiction with crossover from my fiction. Hello, everypony, I'm Quantum Dazzle actually, my pony name is that, Rowan Ex is rather the human one. Man of many names? Nope. I just kept three. John Rowley, Rowan Ex, and Quantum Dazzle. Hello.

In this chapter, Victor seriously does love getting lost.

I have no intention of continuing this, and I can't explain.

Goodbye.