• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 232 Views, 4 Comments

Lemon Pies and Chess: Lemonade - Lemon Pegasus



A simple invention can turn simple things on their head.

  • ...
 4
 232

surprises

Quietly and with little movement, Lemon sat in his lonely seat within the backroom of Ponyville schoolhouse. Flying away from the school the way he did had landed him with a detention. Despite this, the foal still believed it was worth it. All he could really do was sit and impatiently tap his pale green hooves on his wooden chair (the foal had green hooves despite his yellow fur). Still quite a while before the clock struck "get me out of here o'clock," Lemon heard the door open swiftly beside him. He turned his head slightly to see a blue unicorn in an orange shirt with a brown mane; it was Sky!

"You got carried away too, didn't you?" The unicorn asked his pegasus friend.

"How'd ya guess?"

"You just told me!," how he had told him, Lemon did not know, "plus I saw you, it was kind of difficult to miss..."

"Aah," Lemon pulled out a seat so Sky could sit beside him. "So what did you do?”

Sky sat beside Lemon and replied, “I… zapped a teacher…” Lemon chuckled, “Then when she told me not to, I did it again…”

“Aah Sky,” Lemon patted his friends back, “you’re a very devious character, aren’t you?”

Sky didn’t even try and deny it, “Yep!” Lemon just now noticed that Sky wasn’t exactly acting his normal self. Usually Sky would speak with a chin up, his words sounding confident, even if they rarely made sense. Today, he looked as if something was troubling him, his head being held low by his own chain of thought.

“Are you alright, Sky?” Lemon asked him, trying to look at Sky’s face as it looked down at his hooves.

He sighed. “...How did it feel. Flying, I mean…” It now became clear to Lemon just what was troubling Sky. He really wanted to fly. Lemon just learnt how.

“...It was great.” The naive foal had trouble putting it into words. “You can’t replicate it, you can’t fake it, you can’t describe it… there is nothing like it.” Sky raised his head a little. “Complete freedom.”

Sky was speechless for a few seconds. He then sighed. “You’re a lucky son of a farmer. While you were having the time of your life, I was stuck with performing basic repair spells.”

Sky’s stress was understandable. Though both of them had always wanted to fly, Lemon was the only one of the two who would be almost guaranteed the ability to do so. The yellow foal did not know how to try and cheer up Sky, but he was spared the humiliation of trying as a teacher opened the door and stood in the doorway.

The mare was young and had purple fur, as well as a very fuzzy mane. The colours in her mane were pink and pale purple, alternating in long, vertical stripes. She must have been pretty intelligent to pass the teacher’s qualifications, because her crazy style choice would certainly make her seem like some kind of yob who just wanted to earn money, and it would take quite the CV to overpower that!

“Since this is your first time in detention, we’ll let you go early,” the mare sounded somewhat nervous, she was definitely new. “but don’t, don’t do anything like this again.” Her voice was not what you would expect from a mare looking like she did, it was more mature and trusting.

“Understood.” Lemon was quick to stand up, he purposefully cut off Sky from the teacher, no doubt Sky would have had some kind of cheeky comeback like “no promises” had he not blocked him. Sky didn’t pay much attention, he just followed Lemon out, the teacher politely holding the door open for them.

The rest of the day went fairly fast for Lemon. Lesson 2, break, lesson 3, assembly, home. The day went so fast for a good reason. He had a plan.

The foal stepped outside Ponyville schoolhouse joined by the herd of other fillies and foals his age, Sky at his side.

“Sky, come back here with me…” Lemon started wandering round back of school, occasionally looking back to make sure Sky was following him.

“What? Where are we going?” Sky asked him, confused as to why Lemon was going in the opposite direction he usually walked after school.

“Here will do,” Lemon stopped beside a tree, Sky just behind him.

“Okay, why are we round here and how does it affect me?” Sky asked Lemon as the yellow foal flexed his wings.

“Come on Sky, I know you’re thinking what I’m thinking!” Lemon hoped that flexing his wings would make it quite clear what he was offering Sky.

“Well, I probably am, but I’m into mares, Lemon. Sorry.”

“Sky! That is NOT what I was thinking!” Sky chuckled. “...How would you like a flight?” Sky immediately stopped, frozen. “We both know you really want to fly, I now know how… how about a ride?”

"Well..." For once, Lemon had seen Sky silenced. "...can you fly with another pony on your back? Your wings are still young, you probably won't even get off the ground..."

"Thanks!" Lemon was undeterred, "But why not try, I can fly pretty far without a rider, I bet I could at least get you back to your place."

Sky was sceptical, not to mention saying he "rode his friend" wouldn't exactly sound good...

"Well... I highly doubt it would be safe!" Sky did in fact want to fly on Lemon's back, but he was not about to admit it...

"Come on Sky," Lemon readied himself, "I know you secretly really want to hop on my back!"

"Dammit Lemon!" Sky felt awkward doing it, but he climbed onto Lemon's back, hooves around his neck for grip. "This is not a homosexual thing, I swear!" He pleaded as he prepared to fall off the second Lemon's wings started flapping.

“Okay, are you ready?” Lemon asked Sky, the blue unicorn foal excited and worried at the same time on his back.

“Yes, just start flying already!” Sky’s heart was in his mouth, Lemon’s was in his wings. He lowered himself slightly, gearing himself up for a running start. He took a deep breath, as did Sky… and Lemon started sprinting. Running faster, and faster, until his wings started flapping. He hoped a running start would make flight easier since he was carrying a passenger along. It worked.

Lemon felt Sky clutch his fur harder as his hooves were swept away from the ground, the yellow foal having to focus as much pegasus magic as he could into his wings in order to handle flying with the weight of two ponies. Nonetheless, his strength was fueled with enough determination to get himself higher and higher, Sky just starting to abandon his fear in favour of that same feeling of ecstasy Lemon experienced his first time flying earlier that day.

Lemon's energy had now lifted him above the rooftops, the ponies that walked along the dirt roads being reduced to the size of birds as he and Sky swooped above them, nopony really paying much attention; seeing ponies fly was not exactly strange in Ponyville.

However, it WAS new for one pony: Sky. His hooves were no longer clutching desperately onto Lemon's neck, instead, one hoof stood free and strong in the air, the cool wind blowing at his fur with excitement and victorious pride.

The unicorn had to hold back a massive cheer of glee with immense self control for the sheer sake of his reputation with Lemon, he was loving the moment, though he would rather Lemon didn't hear him cheer, quite simply due to the fact that he was a prick!

Lemon was homing in on Sky's house, a place he had seen Sky walk over to before but had never actually entered himself. Said blue foal was too lost in the feeling of flight to notice, but he soon realised what was happening when the empowering wind that was once engulfing his body died down into a mere gently breeze. As his insane heart rate died down along with Lemon's high altitude, he regained his clutch on Lemon's neck and remained silent.

Sky now only had memories of the experience, memories which he desperately clung onto, not allowing a single second of that reviving, epic experience drain away. His dreams of flying just became reality, he had seen Ponyville from the view of a pegasus-

"Sky!" The foal's thoughts stopped abruptly as Lemon interrupted him, "you can get off now!" He had no words, he just slowly got off the back of his friend, not having any way of responding to the events that just unfolded. All he could do was stutter as Lemon asked him "so, how was it?"

"Uh-- uhm, uh..." He was completely oblivious to his roughed up mane and suddenly, very untidy, shirt. Nothing was getting into his head.

"Take it you enjoyed it, then?" Lemon smirked, amused by the sight of Sky in such a silenced state.

"Y-- yeah!" Sky's breathing just now returned to a regular, slow pace, "that was..." What happened next silenced Lemon just as Sky had been: Sky embraced him! Not like a joke hug, not an aggressive hug, just a meaningful, polite embrace. Lemon had no words. Sky had reached a thought wall which he could not break through.

Once he could somewhat think again, Sky let go, by which time Lemon had allowed the shock of receiving a hug from Sky freaking Noble to get over him.

"S- see ya, Lemon," Sky still couldn't quite think clear enough to come up with something clear to say, "and thanks..."

"No problem, see ya." Sky slowly entered his home and closed the door, not looking back. Lemon suddenly heard a familiar pony call his name.

"Lemon!" It was Citronella. She was sprinting at Lemon. She didn't look angry, she didn't look sad, she looked... worried. Her heavy breathing told Lemon she had been chasing him from way back at the schoolhouse, however Lemon would not have heard any of her calls while flying.

"Mum! What is it?" He called back at her. Citronella was now directly in front of Lemon.

"The farm!" Lemon suddenly became alert. "It's in danger!"

Author's Note:

Well there sure are a number of lines here that sound sexual out of context... Wow.