• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 431 Views, 1 Comments

Onyx's Origins - Onyx_Eclissius



This is the tale of a bastard child of Nightmare Moon that grows to achieve one goal. Bring back Mother...

  • ...
2
 1
 431

Chapter 6

“Ready?”, I asked.

“I guess”, she replied.
We split up and I stealthily sprinted off to the kitchen, making sure nopony were to see me. I sent Sapphire to stand guard at the front door with our belongings. I started into the kitchen as quiet as I could, until I heard something behind me.

“Hurry up, twinkle-hooves!”, I heard Sapphire whisper behind me.

“What are you doing here?”, I asked, “You’re supposed to be waiting for me at the door!”

“You were taking too long”, Sapphire replied, “What about the fire?”

“I was getting to it!”, I said angrily.
Then I heard another voice in the darkness.

“What about a fire?”, somepony asked.
I knew that voice. My heart plummeted to my stomach once I remembered. Dawn.

It’s all over”, I thought to myself.
I slowly turned around and looked towards the mare. Things ran through my head like what about Mother and what about the plan you fool; you are weak; you can’t even accomplish a simple goal you set for yourself; you’ve let Mother down, now she’ll never be saved! I turned my head downwards and tears started to run down my face with those thoughts in mind.

No…NO!!!”, I heard the voices in my head.

NO!!”, I yelled aloud.
The moment I yelled that word, an explosive nova flare rushed from my hooves, setting the walls on fire. Both Sapphire and Dawn were knocked to the ground by the blast. First I looked over at Dawn. I saw the way she looked up at me; she was terrified. I felt rage and its power coursing its way through my veins. My vision was sharper and my iris’s flattened horizontally and changed to be slitted. My teeth grew sharper and felt like razors in my mouth. I turned to Sapphire and she, too, seemed to be struck by fear.

“Go now!”, I yelled to her; she laid there in dread. “RUN!”, I bellowed.
She hopped up off the floor and shot out the room, out to the front of the orphanage.

“Onyx?”, Miss Dawn asked, “What’s with you!”, she shouted to me as she rose to her hooves.

Mother is! And now you will feel our embrace!”, I barked with a demonic double-voice, lowering my head and pointing my horn towards her. A bubbling black and green aura shrouded my horn and started to flow from my eyes. I started to cry and closed my eyes. I felt the magic leave my horn and I peeked out from my watery eyelids.

“Waaaah!”, Dawn screamed quite loudly with her eyes closed.
The black and green bubbling aura surrounded Dawn and her coat color seemed to change from her colors of joyful orange to a darker, bleaker greenish-orange and her mane from the peppy lime green to a maroon red color that drooped over her face. She then opened her eyes revealing her pure black irises.

“Morning Dawn, are you still alive?”, I asked

“No! I’m Mourning Gloom”, the depressing pony shouted to me.
It worked, the Persona Malformation spell, worked!”, I heard in my head.

”You did this to me?”, Dawn…Er…Gloom stood tall and yelled, “Thank you for setting me free!”

“Wait, what?”, I asked

“Celestia forced me to work here. When I refused, she made me this way; she cast a spell on me making me all nice. I hated it”, Gloom stated.

“You were hexed by Celestia? Why would she do that?”, I asked

“She is a power hungry tyrant!”, Gloom stated furiously, “She needed workers for when Nightmare Moon was banished. She chose a few to control the small things and nopony knows anything about it!”

“Well that changes a lot!”, I brightened, “Would you like to help me…remove…Celestia from the throne?”

“Yes! Just come get me when you need me, okay?”, Gloom assured.
I smirked and nodded my head to the mare, happy with the new turn of events. I turned and hoofed it out of the building to the Everfree Forest; I saw Sapphire sitting there diligently, waiting for me.

“Time to go, Sparks!”, I panted, still sprinting to the freedom of the Everfree.
Sapphire followed quickly behind. Once we entered the forest, we slowed down to a steady trot.

“What happened in there?”, Sapphire questioned with a petrified look on her face.

“We have a new ally”