• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 537 Views, 5 Comments

strange love - creepsalotcam



Sometimes life isnt worth living when the only person who ever loved you died

  • ...
5
 5
 537

Magenta Eyes

I wake up in pain. Uuug what is that feeling in my chest?

Wait. I woke up. I wasn't supposed to wake up. Godamnit Ditzy you cant even kill yourself right!

Tears are welling up in my eyes. Actually, my eyes aren't even open, I might as well see where I am.

The first thing I see when I open my eyes, are big, round, beautiful ruby eyes staring back at me. Who the hell is this?

"Thank Celestia! your awake!" Whoever was watching over me a second ago, scoops me up and embraces me in a giant bear hug. Who is this and what is she doing here? Wctually where is here?

Wefore I can say anything, a riveting pain shoots through my chest. I suck in a lot of air. The mysterious pony drops me "Ohmygosh I'm so sorry!"

Now that she's let me go from her embrace I can see her now. Stunning rainbow hair, a slick blue coat, majestic wings and... the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen!

I stop my starring and muster up the courage to ask what's going on "W-who are you? and where the hell am I?"

The ponies Eyes widened like she just remembered something "That doesn't matter. What the hell kind of stunt do you thing you were pulling up there?!" She sounded genuinely upset "If hadn't been flying in the area then you would have bled to death and nopony would have even known!" She WAS upset. She was even starting to cry.

I didn't know what to say "Do I know you?"

"Does it even matter?" She replied "You could have died!" She hugged me again, this time more gentle, and mindful of my wound.


"That was kind of the point" I mumbled back, still upset that my suicide attempt had failed.

"Wait, you mean... you tried to kill yourself?" Why was she so confused? Had she not heard of me before? Certainly my infamy has reached all ends of ponyville. "Why's a beautiful mare like you trying to do something like that?"

Beautiful, she said i was beautiful. I was shocked, stunned, almost speechless, almost "Y-you... you think I'm beautiful?" Now I was crying. Nopony had called me beautiful except for two people, one being my mother.

"Absolutely! What I wouldn't do for golden hair like yours, and your eyes are just so cute!" She thinks my eyes are cute! I think she's crazy, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the attention.

All tears aside, and in a much better mood, I decided to make conversation "Could you tell me your name?"

She put a hoof over her face "Gosh I'm such an egghead" She extended her hoof to me "My names RainbowDash, but you can call me rainbow, and yours is?"

I gladly excepted her hoof "Names Ditzy Doo!" I said that with the most pride since my mother died. People made fun of me for my name too.

"Well you've been out for almost a week! The doctor said once you wake up you are free to go, besides the checkups every other day"

A week! I had been asleep for a week. I'd been here for a week but how long had rainbow been here? That's not really important.

"We couldn't seem to find anypony who knew you so I suppose I will be escorting you home. Oh and by the way I filled out all the paper work and paid the medical bill, all you need to do is sign your name at the front desk"

I just smiled. I don't even know this blue Pegasus, besides meeting her a few moments ago and she still cares for me more then anypony I've ever known, besides my mother. Why is she doing this? Does she know who I am? Does she know how hard it is to even be in the presence of a mistake like me? For now I don't care.

Rainbow had to wheel me out in a wheelchair (Which is stupid since I have to walk the rest of the way anyway) "So" She said in her chill voice "Where exactly do you live?"

I froze up not knowing what to say. I didn't want my new friend to know that I was a homeless bum who slept in a rundown theatre. There was no point in lying either, so I guess I had to tell her "Well, um" I couldn't even look up and say it "I d-don't have a home"

"What?!" She sounded enraged, was she really that mad that I was homeless? And after she was so kind to me in the hospital. I guess I was right about life.

"No friend of mine is going to sleep in the streets tonight, or any night for that matter!"

And for the second time that day, RainbowDash completely blew me away. How, without even knowing me, could anypony save me from myself, take me to the hospital, pay for the bill, and then offer me a place to stay for the night? I was absolutely ecstatic! The most happy I have ever been in my entire life!

We spent the next week together, living in her cloud house above ponyville. Being with rainbow is unexplainable. Every time I'm around her I get this feeling, and my eyes get big, and I cant help but smile! I've never felt this way before, especially about a mare who I just met less then a week ago.

I remember something my mother told me, it was the day before she died, she told me about love. She told me that when I find love, it wont matter whether that pony is a unicorn or a Pegasus or an earth pony, or if they are a mare or a colt, and that the only thing that matters is that you are willing to give yourself to that pony, and be with that pony for the rest of you life.

And at that moment there was nothing I wanted to do more then be with Rainbow for the rest of my life. But how was I supposed to know if RainbowDash felt the same way about me? There was only one way to find out, and I knew it might not end well.