• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 333 Views, 3 Comments

Firefrost; Royalty - Jedi1790



What an oblivion had this stallion endured, we have no idea. Nevertheless he is a brother of the two sisters of royalty, and which they're frightened of. What do we notion? Let us have a view into it...

  • ...
6
 3
 333

Chapter 2: Checkmate Indeed

Author's Note:

Anxiety built inside one stallion and within a range, his mind remained blown by an anonyous force...

Specified by a — rather ancient philosopher — Stawswirl the Bearded, Firefrost once remained as his student. Ancient but rather dull and inane in this modern society, and what Firefrost had observed had shocked him for a ruthless occasion. “Where has the respect gone?” his mind reflected.
Town citizens glued their neck upward toward the sky to display their wealth within their clothing. He strolled behind Celestia, acquiring intellects and synchronizing his comprehension with these innovative activities.
“Err… Lots of alterations have happened since I have gone for a long-lasting time?” Firefrost inquired as his eyes sparkled within these streets, although the entirety appeared more advanced.
“I suppose… Hope you’ve heard about your new sister? In actuality, there are two…” Celestia’s voice indicated with a sound of inurement, although in a rather concerned way.
“Negative- I mean, no… I haven’t, except one whose name I suppose was Cadence?”
“That’s weird. He never stated in such apprehensive way, and using the word ‘negative’ is simply too sophisticated”, Celestia deliberated with inquisitiveness. “You can learn more about those mares, but now — focus on your celebration and have fun”, Celestia’s tone remained with a sound of mirth and joy, which quite shattered Firefrost’s heart. A princess who Firefrost once distinguished abandoned its old form… “She has… Softened — if the word could be explained. What did she acquire throughout these years, I ponder upon. Though she had typically distinguished from others, but she rather seems spending her royalty with force — from which is brutality.”
“Oh, good luck with that, Sherlock”, sarcasm within Firefrost’s sentiment.
Youth inside the young stallion’s vein insisted giving up. As he ambled toward the highborn palace, his mentality shattered.
On the other side beyond the palace, another fresh Alicorn named Luna mounted beside a table, announcing instructions, “Everyone, please! My brother is arriving, and I’d like you to assist me with surprising him! He’s a distinguished guest, so please, pay respect!”
Unicorns accepting, and congregating into a minor crowd. Intricate crowd formed and switched the lights off. Even the sun turned to twilight season, nevertheless the bloom behind the horizon seemed everlasting.
Footsteps approaching near the main door… and everyone went motionless. A squinting sound of the entry door auctioning to be unbolted. “SURPRISE!” everyone chanted with a cheering tone of a considerate mind. But within Firefrost’s mentality, he remained with an emotion which indicated dreadful and frightening beliefs. His moral essence did not create a snugly environment for him, nevertheless his mind took upon a pondering of his new family-like members.
“Err… I’m not sure if I’m supposed to smile or have an emotion”, Firefrost whispered to Celestia with an inaudible tone.
“Of course you know. Just smile”, she answered with a gradual joy in her facial features. “Just smile, and fade away with me into the crowd, but first… You’ll have to perform a speech.” Those words hit Firefrost into the heart with a paralyze-like emotion. His heart’s cadence progressively raced, and sweat dripped from his forehead.
They both strolled with a velocity equivalent to a sluggish snail. But with a resort of reaching to the minor, stage-like platform, a microphone had been handed to Celestia. “I am glad to be here as a being, and introducing my brother to this society. From what I could tell, he is quite… irregular in some cases, but I give him a warm welcome!”
Applauds which were dedicated toward her speech shaped a rather exasperating deliberation inside Firefrost’s head. “And here’s an introduction from himself”, Celestia’s cheerfulness petrified Firefrost, except the circumstance that he had in-fact, remained quite stiff for an instant. He stepped a hoof at a time, nearer toward the stage edge.
“Err… Hello, ladies and gentlemen-“, but his voice chocked as he realized his mistakes. “My name is Firefrost, and as you know, I am in-fact, Celestia’s brother, who does not realize this actuality of yours. Please, guide me with your conscience and I’ll be grateful with that.”
Without a hesitation, applauds were inevitably gorgeous. “You did that well, brother.”
“Err… Learning and deciding is my only offense.”
“Follow me, since I’ll have to show you… your new identities.”
Within few seconds, their hoofs stumbled across the large hall, searching for their objective. “Hey! Cadence!” Celestia shrieked. But as Firefrost’s gaze twisted from the background toward the young mare, he was assured to be astonished by her looks. “Purple and yellow mane, pink eyes, and a lightweight body of dexterity. She’s Cadence… and she’s quite gorgeous, but I heard that she’s wedded. Well, I hope to see Shining Armor, the old Colonel”, Firefrost considered with a slight pause between observing the mare’s body features.
“Hi, Celestia”, Cadence’s voice replied with a tone of apprehension. “And this is your brother?”
“Yes, it is. His name is Firefrost, and I’ll look forward to have family-kind games with him.”
“Hey, filly. My name’s Cadence, and how are you?” Cadence presented herself to Firefrost.
“Sorry, but would you rather not call me a filly, since you know nothing about me… So…” his voice shuddered for the terror to insult the princess of Love. But in his anxious look of his face, Cadence could clearly comprehend that Firefrost had an urge to acquire something.
“It’s fine. I’ll stop. Have you lost something, or looking for someone?”
“Err…-“
“She’s married, for god’s sake”, Celestia whispered.
“Is Shining Armor anywhere around?” Firefrost’s anxiety finally relieved.
“Who called me?” a voice stroke from aside. “It’s you, Firefrost”, Shining Armor provided a salute.
“Relieve yourself, Colonel”, Firefrost replied. Within a moment, the two mares stroke an inquiring look within their facial features.
Their minds were pondering about Firefrost’s and the guard’s relationship, although they could not grasp their objective. “Sir! Shining Armor reporting-in mission, over!” Although through the impartial halls — which rather stood dull within — it sensed as if infinite amount of eyes were staring at them, burnt within them.
“Firefrost… What is this? I truly hope that Luna does not find a reason to talk to you, nor that I should send you to da moon”, Celestia spoke with an irregular voice — which remained imbalanced and in a state of being fatigued.
“Are you drunk, sis…?” Firefrost stood with a neutral posture. “Since this is my colleague, who survived in the academy…” Firefrost and Shining Armor both commenced to acquire laughter. Since from an insecure perspective, Cadence received a rather irritating mind.
“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” Cadence inquired.
“Do I need to speak about the legendary fighter who stood with me at the same academy? I suppose not?” Celestia could not apprehend the word ‘legendary’, since its usage is quite nonstandard. “And I suppose this is for you!” Shining took his glass of wine and cheered toward Firefrost. “This is a rather bad introduction for Firefrost, but I suppose it is regularity. But why is he here? The fact that he should be in his army camp might be his job. Better not to enquire about it, otherwise Celestia or Cadence would approximately freak out.”
“Suppose that we’ll take some time together?” Firefrost spoke, his voice in a satisfied form.
“It’ll be my pleasure to shadow a General.” In few second, they both sauntered with a justice, relocating toward the main room where the unabridged ceremony took its form. Surplus of suspicion remained its growth in Shining’s head.
“Why did you arrive here, General?” Shining questioned with an uncertain tone. Two ladies whom were left behind stood their position, lingering to wonder.
“My objective is not your concern, Lieutenant, although I may speak for myself. Watch your troops, or otherwise… Or likewise to — the farthermost place where I came from — the Nexus, it was burnt down.”
“Who’s the enemy?”
“Not sure… It seems as if that even Starswirl himself — my teacher — would not comprehend such immortal force. Rather not speak for me, since even my enchantment could not develop such invincibility. This is a hard stand, so watch everyone here. They may be relocating toward here, but before it, prepare for everything. And by the way, good luck with Cadence.”
“Yes, sir. Although she’s getting quite irritated of my unpleasant love…” Shining replied.
“Is it fine that I’ll have a talk with her? Just to help you out.” Firefrost discerned the hazard within it, and how the mare’s inconsistency could tear him apart.
“It’ll be appreciated, although it would be quite awkward for you, General”, Shining’s face stood a grotesque feature, but from which Firefrost comprehended as misery; nonetheless it may be simply oblivion.
“Don’t worry about me… Losing your loved ones may be the worst suffering that you could ever receive. Maybe like my loss. Disband the academic speech. Just form normality in life; so how’s your life?”
“Guess a good game, although misery and damaging in some random ways.”
“A quote specifies: from what you’re doing in front of you, but forgetting the background which is stated as life. Life is active while you’re positioning yourself. It is a clock, which stands your morality and simple karma. Watch yourself. Don’t go too high nor to go too low. We’re alike one another, though we cannot forget our obligation.” Firefrost’s face stood consistent, and in a casual feature. “I hope Luna isn’t that belligerent in the main room”, Firefrost sighed.
As they stepped into the large — four cornered and few thousand square meter chambered — room, it stood as a fact that Firefrost had no resemblances with others — thus called wealthy ponies. Mares and stallions with their dresses and glasses, displaying wealth as their objective, expending jewelries as such. The room remained bright by the light which hung above, cakes and drinks distributed on a — rectangular — extensive tabletop at the central.
Disparity between wealth and dignity demonstrated no difference amongst the stallions, and their burning gaze glued onto Firefrost, who mounted at the door. He glanced at Shining, and actualized that even he acquired a snugly festive sartorial. “It’s fine, Firefrost. Doesn’t quite matter for now. The only subject is you’re back. Kay! Everyone back to partying!” Shining Armor squealed without hesitation.
Within the crowd, Firefrost distinguished a similar figure standing as a parallel character to his other sister. Although the crowd continued its standard activity, Firefrost rifled for his other sister, Luna. “Hey, Colonel, do you know where my sister is? I’m quite sure that she’ll be more than happy to see me.”
“Not sure-“, but Shining’s voice ricocheted from Firefrost’s ear once he heard a rather analogous tone within the others.
“Hey, Firefrost!” a voice screeched, triggering Firefrost’s intellect. “Hey, come here!”
The stallion’s instinct acquired a quite significant triggering, and established the voice, relocating toward the parallel singing. It remained unidentified since Firefrost’s earshot required a rather amplified range.
“Where are you, Luna?” Firefrost’s voice ran sincere with a distressed chant. He ambled up around the extent table, examining and inquiring. “Two souls’ apart, disparity between. What doomed you upon, us we acquired in and on? Acknowledgements won’t work without our souls together, and without you I cannot proceed.” Firefrost ran progressively flustered and apprehensive as he could not discover his sister’s presence; his hooves within a cluster of anxiety.
“My days without you, and my heart could take no more…” a voice, acquiring progressive annunciation. A dark-blue mare with a quite curly mane distinguished from the crowd, gravitating closer toward the youthful stallion. Luna gradually settling nearer with a hoof by one step, and a cadence amongst her steps.
“Being tactical doesn’t allow any progression, thus we intend to interfere with one another. Look at me, pathetic toward these others, demonstrating the essence of being respectful… Nevertheless look at Celestia, using force to establish allowance. What is this? Entropy, anarchy, or a simple crepuscular animal like you are?”
On the other hand, Luna appeared as if analyzing Firefrost’s mind identical to a magazine. “Don’t worry; it’ll be fine for all of us. You appear similar to a foreigner, although you sincerely are my brother… Alike of others incompetence, I intend to respect thee with my notion as you toward my brother”, Luna spoke, and deployed a salute to her brother.
Her typical feature received a slight chill in Firefrost’s mind. “She looks gorgeous… Past these years, I suppose it is a simple evolution to think being in a youthful form is typically respectable? Well, checkmate.”
Luna descended rapidly toward Firefrost’s side, and hugging him tightly around her body. Then with a resorted reaction, Luna kissed Firefrost on his chin. “Wait!-” Firefrost chocked as Luna completed and withdrew her muzzle. He blushed with a quite reddened feature on her face, which typically created a rather aggressive feeling which flourished Luna’s mood. “Really? I arrive here and the first thing you could imagine is to kiss me?”
“Well, you are my brother on the other hand… So I have the privilege to osculate you.”
“Tell me, what’s the difference? New people, new rules, new guards, or even new features…?”
“All I can answer is that Celestia is quite busy with her work, and is frightened to speak on such relevance, and ignoring my inquiries.” Luna’s sentence stroke hard into Firefrost’s heart. “Does Celestia already know about the burning of Nexus?”
“Unfortunately, today you are required to use my personal chamber, since you have no room.” But within Firefrost’s mind, he detected exact caution in Luna, and felt her attention. “And on the other hand, you could of course go against me in Call of Duty…” Luna exclaimed with a high-toned voice of contentment. “And Firefrost… Thanks for coming back”, Luna cried out, reaching Firefrost with her hoofs, and once again attached a kiss onto Firefrost’s cheek.
“I suppose… Should I enjoy my stay? Maybe while I can, but I’ve got quite relevant objectives. But I’ll be your brother for the time until the death dooms us apart. And hopefully, just hopefully we can be a family once again…” Love contended a still chill above the white coated stallion’s neck, claiming abomination toward his alertness. “Till death dooms us apart”, Luna replied, fully comprehending every motion. Applauds were inevitable, care stood a surpassing position in their heart, and may we doom them, they claim their own destiny.
“Luna, I know you’re my sister, and I do love you, but my truth isn’t what you would expect. Maybe… maybe and suppose we can rejoin. I comprehend your affection, nevertheless we are a family, and I must get accustomed into this society. Good game, good game indeed…”