• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 531 Views, 6 Comments

Project ART - The Pyro Jawsome

  • ...
6
 6
 531

The Egg Master

Mobius- Marble Zone

"So why did Miles not take us to this 'Floating Island'?" Firebrand asked Rotor, who was monitoring the Marble Zone outside the Freedom Fighter HQ.

"You were having trouble with the new recruits. Same with you, Gamma." Rotor pointed out, continuing to check the hidden cameras.

"Reasoning does not compute." Gamma replied, the robot searching his memory banks. "We are not having trouble with the new recruits, they are having trouble with us."

"Oh sure." Rotor dismissed. Tapping a button, he said: "Will the new recruits please report to Surveillance." Turning around, he began: "We need to work together if we want to bring Buttnik down. Infighting won't do us any good." The door slid open, and the three new recruits entered.

"Good, you're here. I believe we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Rotor, basically second-in-command of the Freedom Fighter forces. This is Firebrand, a former Acorn general, leader of Team Fighters, our assault team."

"The only survivor of Eggman's initial attack." the red and yellow hedgehog replied.

"Anyway." Rotor said with his palm to his face. "This is E102 Gamma, an E-Series robot that betrayed Eggman and joined us. He's one of our assassins." Flipping through some records on another screen from the camera feeds, he didn't notice the large drop ship just out of sight on the sky cam. "You are... Manic, Sonia, and Charles, correct?"

"Yes, sir." Charles replied. All of a sudden, a loud static was heard.

"Rotor? Rotor? Do you read me?"

"Loud and clear, Miles." Rotor replied. "What's going on? Did you find the Floating Island?"

"We did." Miles responded from his position beside the Master Emerald. "Pack up Freedom HQ. We're moving to Onyx Island."

"Onyx Island?"

"Yeah. You've also got a drop ship full of nasties heading straight towards you. Sound the alarm and prepare both teams. Marble Zone's about go to hell."

"What about you, Blaze, Jet, Amy, and Zero?" Rotor responded, keying in the alarm command.

"The Guardian and his two comrades are returning with us. We're teleporting straight to you. Miles out." The communication shut off, and a second later, a brilliant green light appeared near a wall. It disappeared, leaving those that had gone to the island, as well as an armored echidna, a white, cybernetic echidna, and a monkey with a staff.

"Miles? Who are our guests?" Rotor asked.

"This is Knuckles the Echidna, the Guardian of Onyx Island. There's Finevitius, the reason why Eggface hasn't gotten to the island, and Monkey Khan, Guardian of physical Onyx Island." Miles said, gesturing to them in succession. He moved over to the computer and began preparing the defense systems. "Rotor, gather up both Team Freedom and Fighters, and have them quickly briefed. Freedom's our behind enemy lines attackers, Fighters is gonna hold them off."

"Roger." Firebrand said, leaving the room.

"Gamma." Miles continued. "Find a good sniping position, pick off the 'niks."

"Affirmative" Gamma replied, leaving to find a post.

"Rotor, man the defenses. Cannons, Machine Guns, whatever, hold them off while keeping Team Freedom and Team Fighters alive."

"Got it." Rotor replied, turning to the monitors, one showing a crosshair already.

"And us?" Knuckles asked. Miles gave him a grin that would not have been out of place on a pschyopath's face.

"We're bum rushing right at them."

===================================================================================================================

"Team Fighters, hold your ground!" Firebrand shouted as his men aimed past their barricades. A fleet of Motobugs and a swarm of Buzz Bombers were lying in sparking piles of metal a few miles away, Teams Freedom and Fighters working together to stop them from reaching the entrance to the former Freedom HQ. The Guardian and his cohorts had evacuated everyone who wasn't fighting to Onyx Island. A group of Crabmeats crab-walked out of the cloud of smoke in front of them, only to be blasted into oblivion by Rotor's cannon. Firebrand made a mental note to thank Blast and Ink Rose's equipping the base with defenses like these. As he did so, a squad of Asterons followed by a wave of Shellcrackers emerged. "OPEN FIRE!" Firebrand yelled, Team Fighters MGs flaring to life, bullets spraying out of the barrels towards the onslaught of Badniks. Some fell by themselves, either by Team Freedom's handiwork, or Gamma sniping them from his post a ways away. As a platoon of Slicers were shredded by the rolling spike trap defense mechanism, a shot rang out, louder than any other. A bullet hole appeared on a barricade where one of Firebrand's troops was hiding. "Sniper!" More shot followed, when they weren't missing, they were lodged in the skull of one of his teammates. The force gradually dwindled until only Firebrand and a few soldiers remained. "Gamma, Get that sniper!" Firebrand yelled into his radio mic, the sound transferring to the robot's audio sensory system. Gamma carefully aimed, and shot. The explosive round hit near the sniper's position, revealing a hedgehog-like form holding a sniper rifle. A blast noise in the background indicated Rotor had fired another cannon round, the missile exploding a yard away from the robot which had shot the missile. Another robotic hedgehog form appeared, holding a sword, and everyone knew who that was. "Metal Jawsome, as if this couldn't get any worse." Firebrand muttered. Suddenly, the E-103 through E-122 units appeared behind them. "Son of a bitch." Firebrand said. However, a huge explosion engulfed the ranks of the E-Series squad, Metal Jawsome flying off to stand by the sniper. Miles, Knuckles, and Team Freedom ran out of the smoke and dove behind the barricade where what remained of Team Fighters were hiding. "Miles! Team Freedom! We've taken heavy casualties." Firebrand said, saluting from behind his cover.

"Great." Espio, the leader of Team Freedom said. "We destroyed the E-Units, and unless Eggman really wants us wiped out, Metal and that sniper won't try to poke us with a bullet."

"Knowing Eggman, They'll do that." MIles said. "It's time we leave."

"Really? But what about the information and weapons?" Rotor asked.

"The information was already uploaded to our secure database cloud. The portable weapons were already sent to Angel Island, and I rigged the defenses with trigger bombs in case this happened. Now, we head for Angel Island." At that, they retreated inside the bunker, and raced to where Miles keyed the detonation, and Rotor ran into the room. The timer counted down to 10 seconds as Knuckles said:

"Chaos... CONTROL!" They teleported out just before the timer hit 1 second. Metal Jawsome and the sniper looked on as the Freedom HQ went up in a massive explosion.

===================================================================================================================

"RGGH! BLAST THOSE DAMN FREEDOM FIGHTERS!!!" Eggman yelled as he saw their former base light up through feeds both the Eggmaster and Metal were transferring to his control room.

"Yes! Victory!" Orbot crowed as he finished a round on a shooter game.

"No, it wasn't a victory!" Eggman said. "It was a tactical retreat! They just held off my badniks, E-units, Egg Master Sniper, and Metal Jawsome while they left and took their intel with them!" He slammed his fists down on his chair arms.

"Dr. Eggman, sir?" Cubot, voice chip now on 'Soldier' for some reason, asked.

"Yes?" The Doctor asked in a menacing tone.

"We have found a matching energy signature to the one in Metal Sonic's bay in the hangar. Sir." Cubot rattled off quickly.

"Eggselent." Eggman said. "Bring it up." A large screen lowered in front of him, showing the signature. "Hmmm.. Looks like a Chaos Control signature." He muttered.

"Area of arrival for Metal not yet confirmed sir! Investigation in progress, sir!" Cubot said.

"Good. Dismissed." Eggman said.

"Doctor." A voice came in.

"Yes, Elite?" Eggman replied.

"I can't find Angel Island. I've searched all over the Sky Chase Zone, but haven't found it." Elite reported.

"Keep searching." Eggman ordered.

"Yes, doctor." Elite said, ending the call.

"Your days are numbered Freedom Fighters. Your days are numbered." Eggman said, then turned. "Begin work of Project Time Destruction!" he barked before leaving the control room.

Author's Note:

Well, things are stepping up!

I'v included an OC not by my own creation, though the design is original. Meet Firebrand, Josh Burner's OC, or as you know him on the YouTubes, joshscorcher/The Fiery Joker and Commander Firebrand. There are links to the channels below.

Links to Josh's channels: Original: https://www.youtube.com/user/joshscorcher FOB Equestria: https://www.youtube.com/user/FOBEquestria

Uploads are coming, I swear. This thing is not going to die like most other fanfics.

Edit: Another plug I forgot to mention was Ink Rose. Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/AhsokaAnya