• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 2,087 Views, 14 Comments

The NEW Canterlot High School - MlpRainbowPower

  • ...
2
 14
 2,087

Hide-and-Seek Gone Wrong

It was a Sunday afternoon, and the Dazzling Rainbooms (Their combined name) were relaxing on a sunny field. The air smelled of pollen and honey, and there was a slight breeze. The grass felt warm and the sun was shining bright.

"I'm so bored." Rainbow Dash said.

"Yup."

"Me too."

Adagio sighed. "Why are we here?"

"Fluttershy is having an animal picnic, and we promised we'd accompany her." Sunset Shimmer gestured towards Fluttershy, who was cuddling with a bunch of bunnies about ten yards away.

"She's not even noticing us. There's no reason for us to be here." Aria grumbled.

"Well, too bad." Sunset replied.

Aria muttered something and laid on her back.

"Look on the bright side." Rarity said while sniffing some daisies. "These flowers would go perfect with some of my fashion designs."

"But we're not all fashionistas, Rarity." Dash pointed out.

"Your loss." Rarity picked a dandelion.

Silence.

"Let's play a game!" Sonata said, two minutes later.

"Uh, sure, what's the game?" Applejack responded.

"Uh..." Sonata tapped her chin. "I didn't really think that far,"

"Let's play hide-and-seek!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"Hide-and-seek is for babies." Aria retorted.

"Oh come on, Mr. Grumpy Pants!" Pinkie grabbed the edge of Aria's face and pulled up, making it look like Aria was smiling in a very creepy way. "You never do anything fun! And hide-and-seek is awesome when you start playing it!"

Aria got up, pushed Pinkie away and mumbled, "Whatever."

"Ahm actually up fer a game of hide-and-seek." Applejack said.

"That's the spirit!" Pinkie bounced around everyone. "Anyone else?"

Sunset Shimmer shrugged. "Sure, I could play a quick game."

"Me too, I guess. And stop bouncing, you're distracting." Rainbow Dash grabbed Pinkie Pie's arm, causing Dash to bounce along with her. She let go and rubbed her head. "Uh, Pinks..."

"Yay! I love hide-and-seek!" Sonata clapped her hands excitedly. "I'll totally play!"

Rarity picked one last flower and turned towards the group. “I guess I’ll play one quick game darling. But I’m not hiding anywhere where there is mud, or dirt, or leaves, or dust, or wind, or puddles, or---”

“Yeah, yeah, we get it.” Rainbow interrupted. Rarity did a loud, “Hmmph!” and went back to her daisies.

Sonata jumped to Adagio. “Dagi? How about it?”

Adagio examined her nails and sighed. “Oh, fine.”

They all turned towards Aria.

Aria crossed her arms and looked away. “Uh, whatever. Fine.”

Pinkie Pie and Sonata hugged Aria tightly, and then zipped away fast into the small woods, causing Aria to fall on her face.

Sunset got up and brushed off her legs. The rest followed, except for Aria who pulled her face from the dirt and rubbed her head.

“I guess neither of them are gonna be it, so who will be?” Sunset said.

Nobody wanted to.

“I know!” Dash grinned. “One, two, three, NOT IT!” She ran off into the woods.

One by one, they screamed, “NOT IT!” and ran into the woods, leaving a very flustered Rarity, who couldn’t run fast enough in her boots. She sighed, mumbled, “Fine”, and covered her eyes to count to twenty.


Rainbow sprinted through the trees, hair blowing behind her, as she looked for a good place to hide. There weren’t many good hiding spots, just like, millions of trees. That’s all she could see. Trees, trees, and more trees.

After two minutes, she stopped running and looked around. She didn’t think that she’d come across a good place anytime soon, so she decided to just crouch behind a tree. She saw a big fat one and started walking towards it.

Woah!

She stumbled and looked down. Her foot had fallen in what looked like a hole. It was a pretty small one, her foot barely fit. Around the edges, the dirt looked like it was packed really hard.

Dash shrugged and tried to pull her foot out, but it wouldn’t budge. She grunted and pulled harder, but it wouldn’t move. Rainbow wiggled her foot and pulled again, but to no avail.

Oh no, the seeker’s gonna find me if I’m stuck here!

Dash frantically kicked her leg around, trying to free herself. After three minutes, she gave up and tried to find another way. She bent down as far as she could, and grabbed her leg. Rainbow pulled as hard as she could, but it wouldn’t move. She tried two more times, but it wouldn’t budge.

She decided to give it her all. She took the biggest breath in her life, gripped her leg, and pulled her hands back hard.

She felt her foot being jerked from the hole, kicking herself backwards. She slammed on the ground and sighed. I’m free!

Suddenly, she felt the ground crumble beneath her. She turned around on her stomach, and saw the dirt crack and fall. She didn’t have time to think, so she saw herself falling with the dirt. As soon as it started, she smacked against some stone. A terrible pain sounded in her ankle as she landed.

“OW, SHIT!” Dash yelled. She looked at her ankle while continuously saying, “Owowowowowowowowowowowow,”
Her ankle was bent in a weird way, and it hurt like hell. She must have landed on it badly. The rest of her body was okay, but still really hurt since she just fell onto hard stone.

Rainbow looked up toward where she fell, and saw the hole. She had fallen about seven feet. It didn’t hurt as much as it should since she landed on a little bit of dirt, but she was still in pain.

Dash slowly got into a sitting position, dragging her twisted ankle. She looked back at the hole.

It would be impossible to jump that far, so she looked towards the walls. She had landed is some type of small stone cave, so the walls were stone. She tried to find any rocks jutting out for her to climb on, but the walls were smooth, like someone carved the stone into a straight wall. Not like she’d be able to climb anyway, what with her ankle. She looked back towards her ankle and rubbed it. She winced at the pain and looked back towards the hole in the ceiling.

“Hello?!” She yelled. “Someone help!”

No answer.

“HELLO?!” She screamed louder. “SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!”

Still, nobody replied.

“HEY! I’M TRAPPED DOWN HERE! SOMEONE HELP ME!” She frantically screamed.

Silence.

“Well, fuck.”


Pinkie Pie skipped along with Sonata right behind her, looking for a hiding spot. She stopped near a large rock, which she pointed to and said, “Hey! What about there?”

Sonata turned towards it. “Perfect!” She and Pinkie squeezed behind it, then peeked over it at the same time. They stayed like that for two minutes, until a faint yell was heard somewhere from the left.

“Huh? What was that?” Sonata asked.

“Somebody probably just got caught. Maybe Aria or Dashie, you know how competitive they are.” Pinkie responded.

“Yeah, probably.” They turned back to staring in front of the rock.


Adagio and Aria were walking around, trying to find a good spot. They weren’t really hurrying, since they both didn’t really care. Well, Aria cared, but she didn’t feel like hiding.

Adagio examined her nails. “Hmm, there aren’t any good spots to hide.”

Aria glanced around. “Whatever. I don’t care.”

“You never care.” Adagio replied.

“I don’t care.” Aria responded.

“My point exactly.” Adagio said.

Aria crossed her arms.

Silence.

Two minutes later, Adagio broke the silence.

“Also, can you explain why you have a D in English?” She demanded.

“Easy. I don’t do any of my homework.” Aria grunted.

“WHAT?!” Adagio thundered.

“Yup. I barely pay attention in class either.”

“ARIA! DO YOU WANT TO GRADUATE?!”

“Don’t really care.”

“ARIA! YOU ARE DOING YOUR HOMEWORK THE MINUTE WE GET HOME! AND IF THIS CONTINUES, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO GROUND YOU!”

Aria rolled her eyes. “Okay, mom.”

Adagio crossed her arms. “Don’t call me that.”

“WhateveEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR…” Aria was cut off when she suddenly went plunging into the ground. Adagio looked down and saw a huge hole in the ground, where Aria had supposedly fallen into. She also saw Rainbow Dash, who was staring at Aria.

“Aria! You fell in here too!”

“Holy shit, my head hurts.” Aria grumbled and rubbed her head.

“Uh, why are you in a hole, Dash?” Adagio spoke up from above them.

Rainbow’s eyes lightened up when she saw the Dazzling. “Adagio! Finally! Quick, help me!”

Adagio inspected Rainbow. “And I repeat my question: Why are you in a hole?”

Dash waved a hand in the air. “Foot got stuck, fell back, dirt cracked, blah blah. The important thing right now is to get me out of here.”

Adagio shrugged. “Sure.” She bent down above the hole and reached out her arm. “Grab my hand.


Rainbow jumped up, immediately falling down by her ankle. She rubbed it, then continued to crawl over to Adagio’s hand.

Adagio noticed this and asked, “What’s wrong with your ankle?”

Dash glanced over at her ankle and shrugged. “I’m pretty sure it’s twisted from when I fell in here.” She grabbed Adagio’s hand. “It hurts like hell.”

Adagio nodded and started to pull Rainbow’s hand.

Of course, though, it was at that moment that Aria decided to say, “Hey look, a slug.” Which caused Dash to turn to face Aria’s direction, accidentally pulling Adagio over the edge. Adagio fell headfirst, did a turn in midair, and ended up landing on her back, right in front of Rainbow.

Adagio groaned and said, “Goddamn it Aria.”


Sunset Shimmer was walking with Rarity, trying to find the others. Rarity had found her almost immediately, since her fiery hair was very easy to spot amongst the green forest.

Sunset sighed and looked around again. “I can’t see any of them.”

“They have to be here somewhere, darling.” Rarity hopped over a mud puddle and glanced to her left. “And I’m pretty sure I just saw a flash of pink.”

“Must be Pinkie Pie then.” Sunset turned towards her left and walked through some bushes, Rarity following. She saw a large rock, which she peeked around. There wasn’t anybody, but suddenly she heard a giggle coming from behind her.

Sunset looked behind her and saw a streak of blue and pink through some trees. She sighed and said, “I know you’re there, Pinkie and Sonata.”

The named people emerged from the trees, Sonata giggling.

Pinkie Pie bounced up and down. “Aw, I thought I was better at hide-and-seek. Anyway, we were hiding behind that rock when we heard your voices, so we ran into the trees.”

Sonata started bouncing with Pinkie. “Yeah, and I kinda accidentally giggled, and then you found us.”

Rarity stared at the people bouncing in sync, and mumbled, “God, you’re like twins.”

“So, what are we waiting for?” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. “Let’s go find everyone!” She and Sonata ran into the trees, Rarity and Sunset following a moment later.


Rainbow, Aria, and Adagio sat in silence, each in different corners of the small cave.

“So…” Dash rubbed her arm.

Silence.

“I hate you, Aria.” Adagio muttered.

Aria looked up from the slug on her hand and said, “What did I do?”

Adagio sighed and face palmed.

Silence.

"So..." Rainbow Dash repeated.

"I think it peed on me."

They both turned towards Aria, who had set the slug down and was shaking the pee off her hand.

"Ugh..." Adagio pulled her knees up to her chest and set her head on them.

Dash became very interested with the floor.

Silence.

Suddenly the sound of footsteps interrupted the quiet. They all looked up as they saw Applejack running past them.

Rainbow immediately started waving her arms around and yelling, "Applejack! Over here! Help!"

Applejack turned around and saw them. She ran to the hole and said, "What are ya'll doin' in this hole?"

"Doesn't matter, just get us out." Dash replied.

"All right. Let me just----"

AJ was interrupted as a huge wave of pink goo splashed onto her from above. She yelled in surprise and looked towards the sky, where there was a bucket tipped over in a tree.

Dash snickered. "Wow, I forgot about that prank I set."

Applejack tried wiping off the goo while glaring at Rainbow. "What the hay, RD?"

"Hey, I didn't mean for it to hit you." She chuckled again at the pink and gooey AJ.

Aria burst out laughing and Adagio chuckled into her hand. Applejack crossed her arms and angrily grunted. "Whatever. Now let's get you out of there."


Sunset Shimmer and Rarity walked around the woods, Sonata and Pinkie Pie bouncing ahead of them.

Sunset looked behind some trees while Rarity peeked through some bushes. No one. Sunset looked behind more trees and Rarity searched behind a rock. Nope. Sunset looked up at the tree branches while Rarity searched behind more trees. Nada.

"I don't like hide-and-seek anymore." Sunset sighed in frustration.

"Me neither." Rarity agreed while searching in some bushes.

"I wonder if Pinkie and Sonata have found anyone." Sunset responded.

As if on cue, Sonata and Pinkie Pie appeared out from some trees.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure Nata and I heard some voices coming from this direction. They've gotta be there!" She and Sonata bounced off in the direction they heard, with Sunset and Rarity following.


Aria, Adagio, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash trudged through the the woods, AJ still trying to get rid of the pink goo. She looked towards Dash.

"What is this stuff?"

"Eh, just some cheap goo I bought at FunWorld. This store was selling buckets of them for a good price."

Adagio rubbed some of the goo off of Applejack's arm and inspected it. "How long ago did you set the trap?"

Rainbow tapped her chin. "Uh, like a month ago."

"Then how did it just fall now?" AJ asked.

"A bird, probably. I honestly don't know why I set it up there, but I'm glad I did." She glanced at Applejack and snickered again.

AJ grunted and continued to wipe the goo.

Suddenly a loud, "A-ha!" Sounded from behind them, causing them all to jump in surprise. They turned around to see Pinkie Pie and Sonata pointing at them while smiling.

"Found you!" Sonata giggled. Then she noticed Applejack. She glanced at Pinkie Pie, turned back towards AJ, and said, "Wait, I thought we had only one Pinkie Pie!"

And that made it crack.

It being Aria, Adagio's, and Rainbow's laughter. They all burst out laughing, falling over and rolling on the floor. Applejack just crossed her arms and glared at the air.

After two minutes, the laughter died down and they got back up. Then they saw Sunset and Rarity come into view. Sunset was covered in leaves and dirt, and she was covered in tiny, white scratches.

"Sorry, I got stuck in some bushes." Sunset told. "And I see you found everyone----"

Sunset was interrupted by Rarity screaming and pointing at Aria. Rarity started walking backwards and tripped on a stick. She fell backwards into a large and kinda deep puddle, completely drenching her. She didn't seem to notice, though, as she continued staring at Aria.

"Am I that ugly?" Aria grunted. They all looked towards her and gasped.

Aria's pigtails were filled with slugs, which were also covering her body. There were slime stains on her clothes, and there were even slugs peeking out of her boots.

Silence.

"Oh!" Aria chuckled and gestured at herself. "You're talking about this, right?"

They nodded, and Rarity screamed again.

"I've looked like this since the whole cave fiasco though, and you guys haven't said a word."

Rainbow tapped her head. "Come to think of it, I don't know why we didn't notice before."

Applejack and Adagio shrugged.

AJ gazed at all the slugs. "Where did you get that many?"

Aria chuckled. "They were all in the cave, in my corner. Since I didn't have anything else to do, I let them crawl all over me. And then you came, AJ, and got pink-bombed. Then you got us out, and I was pretty comfortable with the slugs, so I let them stay." She shrugged as if this was a casual thing.

Adagio rubbed the space between her eyes. "Aria, you're literally covered in at least a hundred slugs. How is this comfortable?"

"Well, you see, I'm cool---"

Aria was interrupted by yet another scream of Rarity. Sunset sighed and said, "What now?"

Rarity gazed at her body, still laying in the puddle. "I'm wet!"

Applejack crossed her arms. " Ah think we all got that already."

Rarity felt her hair. "No, like, I'm really wet."

"Hm-mn." Pinkie Pie hummed.

Rarity gasped. "My hairstyle is ruined!" She combed her fingers through her straight, wet hair, which had lost its usual curliness.

"Yeah, whatever." Adagio put one hand on her hip. "Look, let's just leave. Hide-and-seek is over, and I'm sure Fluttershy is finished with her animal picnic." She turned to walk away, and saw a cute little bunny in front of her. "Oh, look, a bunny." She kneeled down in front of it. " probably from Fluttershy."

The bunny jumped onto Adagio's shoulder.

"I think he likes you!" Said Sonata and Pinkie Pie at the same time.

Adagio shrugged and stood back up, the bunny still on her shoulder. "I guess it could stay there." She turned back towards her friends and said, "Okay, let's go!"

She started to walk away but felt a faint tugging on her jacket thing. She looked down and saw the bunny biting one of the sleeves.

"Hey! Stop that!" Adagio grabbed the bunny, but it was still biting on the sleeve. Her sleeve teared apart, now in the bunnys mouth. It wiggled out of her hand and scampered off.

"Hey!" Adagio ran after the bunny, but lost it right away. She looked at her torn sleeve and muttered, "I'm never going near a bunny ever again."

Sunset Shimmer scratched the back of her head and cleared her throat. "This has got to be the weirdest game of hide-and-seek I've ever played."


They all slowly started walking back toward Fluttershy, Rainbow leaning on Adagio and Sunset because of her twisted ankle.

Adagio suddenly felt something slimy in her boot. She looked down and saw a slug crawling in. She shook her boot in disgust, but the slugs were stuck in her boot. She grumbled something and said, "Hold on a second guys, let me get this slug out of my shoe." She glared at Aria while speaking.

She sat down and took off her boots, and immediately saw more than one in each boot. She had plucked two works from her shoe when she heard a yell from Pinkie Pie. She set her boots aside and got up, going towards her.

Pinkie was standing underneath a tree, and there was a large branch stabbed in her frizzy hair vertically. It looked like it had fallen from the sky.

"It totally just fell from the sky!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Huh.

"No, it fell from the tree." Sunset pointed at the large thing. "It probably fell off a branch."

"Oh wow, Pinks, if you were standing a few inches behind you you would have been, like, stabbed." Dash spoke.

"Here, let me get it out." Sonata grabbed the stick and pulled, but for some reason it stayed. She pulled harder, but it wouldn't move. "Uh, Pinkie, it's not moving."

Pinkie shrugged. "Well, I may have put some ABC gum in my hair. And by some, I mean three packs."

"That's actually really disgusting..." Adagio looked at Pinkies hair.

"Yeah, why would ya do that?" Applejack rubbed her forehead.

"Uh, I don't know. But whatever." Pinkie shrugged. "Just leave it. I'll take a shower and get it right out."

"Ok, Pinks." Rainbow turned towards Adagio. "Are you done getting those slugs out from your boots?"

"Oh, I forgot about my shoes. Give me a second." She walked towards her boots, but suddenly saw two bunnies standing next to it. She instantly recognized one of them as the one who tore her shirt.

"Hey, you! Psst! Get over here!" Adagio ran towards the bunnies, but they were quicker. They each grabbed a boot and ran into the trees. Adagio followed, but lost sight of them. She stomped her foot and yelled, "DAMMIT!"


The girls took their seats in their original position, near Fluttershy and her bunnies. Adagio moved far from the bunnies, instantly developing a hatred for them.

They started chatting, and suddenly Fluttershy came over, her head in the picnic basket, still putting away everything.

"Hello girls, I'm all done." She said, muffled by the basket.

She brought her head out and stared.

She looked to Applejack, who was covered in a pink goo and had a very pissed look on her face, to Adagio, who's jacket sleeve was torn and her boots were missing, who was glaring at the bunnies behind Fluttershy, to Aria, who was covered head to toe in slugs but had a very calm look on her face, to Rainbow Dash, who was covered in dirt and leaves, and her ankle was weirdly twisted, to Sunset Shimmer, who was very dirty and had tiny scratches all over her, to Rarity, who was completely drenched in water, to Sonata, who's facial expression was pretty normal despite all of this, to Pinkie Pie, who had a large branch stuck in her hair.

"What'd I miss?"

Author's Note:

Hope you like it!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Please comment, and feel free to correct any grammar issues it might have!:scootangel: