• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 675 Views, 13 Comments

Portals - The Derpy Doctor



Twilight has jumped from her dimension to our dimension and found no harm. After the rebuilding of the portal for a more public estate, the dangers of using portals becomes clear. They seem safe, but what really comes of using unknown technology?

  • ...
13
 13
 675

Build

Chapter One: Build

After planning for several months, and some begging to Princess Celestia, Twilight finally convinced her to rebuild the portal to earth. She had wanted to see her friends in human form again. It wasn’t fair that only her pony friends could see her, and on rare occasion could her earthly reflections ever be in her presence. A portal would be made from the same portal as the previous one. It would be made bigger, more public, shinier and the best part: Twilight could still maintain her pony self as she went through the portal. This was great she could finally see her other friends and not have to worry about those weird slimy… hands. She would never have to open another door in a foreign way again.

“Are we almost finished?” Twilight gained the moment to ask her friends out of sheer excitement.

“Almost,” replied Applejack, “There is some question as to the capacity that this this c’n take.”

“Like what?” Twilight characterized.

“Well, given that it is still trying to keep you a pony as you go through the portal, it has some problems with doing that and still having the memory to guide such a large object as a pony at the same time.” Applejack inquired.

“Is there a way to make more memory?” Twilight said in desperation.

“There might be a way if we can take location settings to a little looser of an angle” Applejack rubbed her head, taking off her hat and speaking.

“Great,” Twilight included.
Applejack went back to a short work. She used her basic knowledge of human electronic to fix the portal to different shape before turning back to Twilight and saying: “We’re done” Her western accent putting emphasis on the “e” as she said so.

“Great!” Twilight squeaked, now not able to contain her excitement.
Twilight was ready to step through the portal now. She had her bags all packed and her books all set-up. She was ready to go to her friend’s world and there was nothing that she wanted more to do than so. Twilight put her front hoof through the front portion of the portal, turned and said her goodbyes to her friends before she finally made way through the glassy screen and vanished through to an alternate world.
Only moments later, Twilight came back.

“Twi? Why are you back already?” Applejack responded to her return.

“I couldn’t see the high school. There was nopony around. Or… human.”

“Well, maybe we can try again tomorrow.”
Twilight didn’t want to come back tomorrow. She wanted to go to the other world now.

“Maybe I’ll try again.” She tried to rekindle the experiment
She once again climbed through the portal and vanished. This time she didn’t return.

“I think it worked,” Applejack concluded
Pinkie finally returned to her “One of my best friends is out of town, and I’m never going to cross her mind again” state.

“What if she never comes back?” Pinkie asked in her saddest voice.

“She will,” Rainbow Dash reassured her.
This time, though who would think that she could be so right. Her previous superstition is only now true. Twilight was stuck in the dimension, and only in time would she be revealed. Twilight was gone.
All of the other ponies settled in for the evening. It was going to a long week without her and when she was their princess, there might be problems in planning out specific events. They would need their rest.


Twilight appeared on the other side of the world. She had never seen such a thing. She was completely one hue, she had all of her color completely unchanged and was all pony. The portal had worked. She had made it to earth. It was off though. It was not all one color at one spot. It was all different. Everything was one color mixed with several others. If this could be the right world, then why was it so different? Twilight stayed at her position. She didn’t want to turn through the portal. She wanted to see her friends. Her friends would accept her no matter what form she took. She had told them in the first place that she really was a pony from another dimension. How could they not expect to see her in this form? How could they not accept her for this form? That over-thinking that Twilight does was kicking in again. She couldn’t help it. She kept thinking about the consequences of coming here in this form. That her friends would not take her in as they did before. Why wouldn’t they?

She should have stopped thinking. She should have passed back through the portal. If she had known that what was about to happen would then there would be no doubt that she would have again passed through the portal. She should have turned back.
That was when Malachi came.

Kevin was a normal guy. He went to college. Succeeded in all of his classes. He came back to his dormitory at his own curfew. He was normal with the exception of one thing: he was a brony. His friends often tortured him over it. They were relentless. Often his friends didn’t invite him to parties for fear that they would “be too manly for him.” He had just finished his daily classes and when into his dorm so that he could watch my little Pony: Friendship is Magic before going to bed. Never had he heard a thing. Not from his neighbor’s room that is.

Author's Note:

This is not a clop.