• Published 12th Feb 2015
  • 405 Views, 6 Comments

darkening skies - Duskblaze



Dusk Blaze learns of his father. His real father, the dark king Sombra. Learning his father's plan for him he sets out to confront Sombra.

  • ...
5
 6
 405

It begins

Note

Italic-bold text = Dusk's thoughts.

Darkening skies

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In the back seat of his parent's car, Dusk Blaze sat reading. The book was about the theory that there are multiple universes other than ours. I had always been interested in the subject of parallel worlds and universes but I only managed to find a book on the matter two days prior. We were in the car because we were moving house. I don't see why we had to move from our apartment in Manehatten to Canterlot. People say it's all great but nowhere is without it's flaws.

"I'm going to miss our view of the sea" Dawn Aurora (my mother) said with a mournful tone. She eagerly awaited a reply but with Daybreak (my father) caring only about the road and me focused on the book it never came. She eventually realised this and proceeded to stare wistfully out of the car window.

***

The first thing that I did after placing my feet foot on the hard gravel outside of my new home was run to the back of the car to retrieve my mattress. I carried it upstairs into what I had been told was my bedroom. I placed it down in the middle of the floor and led down. As soon as my head hit the pillow the world meant nothing.

***

"He's asleep up there?" Daybreak asked with an annoyed tone.

"Yes, but you can't blame him for that. He's been through a lot lately. With having to leave his friends and all. You know how bad he is at being social." Dawn replied (she had always been the calmer, gentler parent) "But I just hope that he doesn't stay alone"

"We'll worry about that next week. What's the name of that school he's enrolling in? Daybreak queried.

"Canterlot high school I believe." Answered Dawn.

Together they ascended the stairs to their bedroom. It was exactly the same as mine except larger and the mattress was in a corner.

***

The next week was pretty normal. After everything had been moved from the car and moving truck I set up my PS3 and started playing fallout: las Pegasus. I kept getting game over screens due to a lack of concentration over the weekend. Thinking about what I should do once the weekend is over was all I could do. I have no friends, I'll get lost almost all the time and if it's possible for me to embarrass himself, it will happen. After about two more hours of consecutive kill screens I gave up and led on my bed to read. The room is pretty standard. There is a desk in front of the window with a black computer chair adjacent to it. The entire desktop was littered paper and plates. Wrappers were strewn about. Wherever you looked you would see mess. A pretty average laptop rested upon the cluttered surface. The walls had been painted navy. Two bookshelves were to the right of the desk. The left had an assortment of video games for multiple platforms. I don't yet have any of the newest generation consoles though. The right held a multitude of books (quite fitting for a bookshelf) some nonfiction, some were just random novels that I had been given over the past six years.

***

The weekend passed too quickly for My liking. The start of school life in Canterlot had started.

"So, I'm going to be taking you in the car am I?" Daybreak asked dopily. He got up to prepare himself a coffee to snap him out of his current dazed state.

"Yeah, in a couple of minutes you are going to have to take me down to the school. I will be shown what's where among other things." I answered while running up the stairs. I just want to get this over with.

I ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I finished I looked into the mirror suspended above the sink. A boy with dark blue hair and golden eyes stared back at me. I proceeded to clothe myself. I don't care what I wear as long as I like it. After about a minute I wore a black shirt with a yin-yang symbol wreathed in blue flames emblemized in it's center. A pair of black jeans with blue flame pattern running up the left leg. A leather jacket with (guess what) more blue flames. (I like blue fire okay!). My trainers are relatively normal. Actually they're extremely normal. To my dismay they did not sport the azure fire.

***

Within quarter of an hour Daybreak's Nissan Largo pulled into the parking lot of CHS. As soon as I stepped out of the car and as my father rounded the corner onto the main road I immediately tripped over great start to the day. At six in the morning only staff would be in the building so it was a surprise when a girl around the same age as me emerged from around a corner. She has beautiful teal irises and sports a jacket not unlike my own. The only difference being that instead of the fire hers had a studded collar. Her hair reminded me of one of my two favorite foods. Bacon (the other being maple syrup. Is that even counted as a food?)

"Oh, hi. You must be Dusk Blaze, the new student from Manehatten. Am I correct?" The bacon haired girl asked.

She seems quite cheery. Maybe it's just a façade. Before she could even begin to think that I had ignored her I replied with a simple "yes."

"Well then, let's start the tour." She listed off the locations of the classrooms used for each subject until finally we came to a halt in front of a set of doors. They had looped round the entire school and arrived back at the front desk.

"And finally behind these doors is the cafeteria. That's the end of the tour. Do you have any questions? She inquired.

"Only one." Dusk replied "what's your name? You haven't told me yet.

"My name? Sunset shimmer. You seem like a nice guy so just call me Sunset. Since your new here you don't have any friends. So, if you want to you can sit with me and my friends during lunch."

"I might just take you up on that offer Sunset" I jested.

"So do you want to get some breakfast from the cafeteria? I'm buying. A treat for the newbie." Sunset Offered.

"Why not. I can see what kind of food they've got here. And we can talk some more." I replied.

Together we entered the cafeteria and bought breakfast. There was bacon so I bought bacon. Sunset bought a couple of Turkey sandwiches.


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>