• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 298 Views, 0 Comments

Blood Shed - JourneyCatMLP



Brick Dust senses and detects more unique ponies nearby. This is his terrifying secret.

  • ...
 0
 298

Intro

Even the water in the still pond looked poisoned with darkness. The moon did not glow. It hid behind clouds like a bedroom behind closed curtains. Snow fell and refused to relent. It was way below freezing. Brick Dust, however, did not even bother to shiver. His ears down, he sat with his eyes shut tightly. Little ice plates floated lazily in the pond in front of him. The hilly fields around him looked no more cheerful. Nothing but snow-covered plains were around, appearing dusty blue in what little light was left in the night. Brick Dust stood up with a heavy sigh. Leaving round tracks in the soft white, he started for home. It was one of those nights.

Brick Dust eventually made it to what anypony would refuse to call home. A blandly-colored cave stood adjacent to a vast coniferous forest. Brick Dust stepped his way through a snowy hill attempting to block him from getting inside. Brick Dust only felt warm when he reached a fire ring that had been lit for hours. All that remained were a few yellow flames crawling up dry wood in a desperate attempt to gain any sort of energy. Brick Dust fed the little flames with some kindling. Afterwards, he sat and pondered. Why did these types of nights have to keep coming to him? Was he still not over the incident?

Brick Dust had so many defeatist thoughts and negative emotions flowing through his mind and body that it hurt. His head ached and throbbed, anther migraine from the incident occurring. Brick Dust clutched his head and gritted his teeth in exhausting pain. He felt so much agony that he didn't realize he had fallen asleep until morning came.

Author's Note:

In case you want to know, all my stories' intros are short.