• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 490 Views, 1 Comments

Travesty in Four Chapter - Winter Silvermane



Travesty. A small filly whose life been a living hell. Without family, or friends. She has no hope. Will the darkness consume her?

  • ...
 1
 490

Awakening


~ Awakening ~


"... For me to leave Equestria behind was difficult. Whisper just laughed at me. I don't think she ever felt homesickness. Maybe we could visit her clan one day. Although I think she would probably burn down the whole village. Her personality tends to be difficult to cope with. She is very aggressive most of the time, but I saw her other side too. She is very passionate, and always putting others well being before hers. Just by walking next to her I feel I'm a real adventurer. On the other hoof Lady (It looks like somepony erased the name later.) reassured me, that the adventures will occupy my mind, so I won't even have time to feel homesick. She paid for this whole expedition, although even as a baroness I think it cost a small fortune to her. I suspect she has ulterior motives, but I don't have anything, that could prove my suspicion. She is just too nice. Her predator like grin, shining forest green coat, charming violet eyes, and when she brushes her dense dark red mane. I feel like she wants to seduce me. I bet she is just playing the game with me. Maybe I just imagine things. I don't know why I'm writing this nonsense into my journal, but I feel like one day, when I look back, it will all make sense... "

Rosemary - The Grand Expedition: A journey around the world


" AAAAAAAAAAAH..." Rosemary screamed in pain. The nurse hold her hoof.

" Take Deep breath. Just as we practiced before. " The nurse inhaled deeply, then exhaled slowly. The mare did it with her at the same time. A brown stallion with a stethoscope cutie mark spoke.

" Alright.. be ready! When I say push, push as hard as you can. Can you do that?" They were doing this for hours. It was a complicated birth. When giving birth to a unicorn foal there is a small chance, that the foal's horn will endanger the mother. Even if the horn is very small, coming at the right angle it could tear into her flesh and cause heavy bleeding. Although for this problem to occur the chances are very slim. Only one in a million. This was the situation they were in right now.

" I... I.. will.. try.. " The mare could barely speak. She was exhausted already. The nurse tried to calm her down.

" Everything will be fine. You are almost through it. " Either they wait for a little more, or do it now. The doctor decided it was the best if they do it now, when she still had a little strength.

" Push! " The mare screamed in agony. She pushed as hard as she can. Her screams echoed through the hospital. Waking up the living and the dead alike. After many hours, it was finally done. She was so exhausted, that she couldn't keep her eyes open.

" Congratulations! You have a healthy filly. " The doctor wrapped the filly into a towel, then put her besides her mother. She slowly opened her eyes, seeing her foal a warm smile appeared on her face.

" Travesty... her name is Travesty. " She tried to caress her foal, but she groaned when she felt a sudden pain. The nurse was horrified what she saw. Lots of blood were oozing out of her.

" She is bleeding heavily. " The stallion gave her an injection, that hopefully will relieve the bleeding.

" Don't give up now! You have a little filly to take care of. " They were cleaning her lower region, to find out where was her injury, to stop the bleeding. The hospital wasn't prepared for cases like this. They were fighting a loosing battle.

She tried to listen to the doctor, but her head felt heavy. She just wanted to close her eyes, and rest a little. Her eyes started to close slowly. A tear formed in her eye, when she heard her foal crying. Soon the world gone dark around her.


- Several years later -

The moon almost finished its course. Its light was enough to reveal a house not far from the Everfree Forest. It was an ordinary two-story house. Made out of wood and hay. Behind the building there was a small garden with a fruit tree. It was a very large, and thick tree. Probably the biggest in Ponyville.

A stone wall separated the house, and its little garden from the horrors that lurk at night. Although it didn't give protection against the horrors that reside inside. In front of the house there was a mailbox. Rust ate it up completely. It looks like the owner didn't care about the mailbox's condition. The door was reinforced with metal bars, and locks. Probably to keep outside those who are not welcome here.

The ground floor of the house is nothing too much interesting. A kitchen, with a dripping sink and unwashed dishes. A living room that looked like a mini library. It had a fireplace that never been used before. The study room had its fair share of books. Although it only had literature, nothing else. The whole room was covered in dust. The owner of the house didn't want to disturb anything in this room. As if it was a sacred place, where nopony can enter.

On the upper floor there was a similar room. A bedroom that has never seen sunshine again after its owner left the living world. Next to it was another room. This room had view to the front of the house. The moon light lit up the whole room. It was unusual. Everything in the room were in order. The paper, the inkwell, even the quills were in on completely order. Text books on the shelves, readily to be used. The room resident were a little filly.

A filly was in the bed. She was shaking. Turning around in the bed, trying to find a comfortable position. Her heavy breathing and sweating were caused by a vivid dream. With a scream she got up. She put her hooves on her eyes. She tried to hold her tears back. Her effort was in vain. Tears soaked her blanket.

" Why do I have to dream about her death? Why is this torment never ends? " She was asking herself, yet no answer came to her question. After a while she calmed down a little. She looked at her clock. It showed 5:41. With a heavy sigh she got out of her bed. She was weak. She felt as if her legs weren't ably to move her body. She crawled to the bathroom slowly. Above the sink there was a mirror with cracks in it. A small breeze could shatter the mirror anytime.

She looked at herself in the cracked mirror. Her eyes were slightly red because of how much she cried. It wasn't unusual in this situation. But how she looks with her eyes. It was cold and lifeless. Her indigo and dark red mane was a mess. She didn't brush it as usual. She just left it like that. Cold water came from the faucet, and filled up halfway the sink. She dipped her hooves in it, then splashed the water on her face.

She washed the tears from her face. It also helped her to calm down even more. As she washed herself the sun rose slowly. Its first rays lit up the dark room. It warmed her up. She hated the feeling.

Now that she calmed down. She could walk without a problem. She walked down on the stairs slowly. In the house there was only silence. The silence, that could drive anypony insane after a while. She liked the silence. It comforted her.

She opened the back door and walked outside. She went to the tree in her garden. She looked at it. The trunk was damaged probably because somepony used it as a target dummy.

The pain will easy my agony. She started hitting the tree. After doing it a few times she knew it wasn't enough for her. She smashed into tree. Somepony might say insanity already claimed her for doing such reckless thing. She was serenity incarnate. For her this act was more like asceticism. She attacked the tree without self-preservation. She wanted to feel the pain. She punished herself with it.


The schoolhouse was full of life. Foals were laughing, playing, and talking about the events of yesterday. They were waiting for their teacher Cherilee. Every foal froze in their track when they saw a filly in the distance. Even though the sun warmed them up. They shivered. Diamond Tiara was disgusted by the filly. She turned to her friend Silver Spoon.

" Look at that disgusting pony, Silver Spoon. How can she come to school like this? Does she not ashamed by herself? She looks like a filthy savage. " Her rant was disrupted by Cherilee.

" Come on my little ponies. Class is starting. " The foals happily ran into the schoolhouse, except one. She walked slowly, as if she had all the time in the world. Cherilee waited for her. She felt a knot forming in her stomach. The filly looked dreadful. Bruises, and dirt stains covered her once beautiful amethyst coat. Her mane was a tangled mess. She even saw a few leaves in it.

" Travesty, what happened to you? " It was not the first time Cherilee saw her like this. It happens almost every week. No matter how hard she tried, the filly never told her, what happened to her.

" Nothing. " She gave her this answer always. Although she didn't care if Cherilee finds out. She just couldn't tell her the pain that was in her heart. The teacher put her hoof on her shoulder gently.

" You can tell me everything. Maybe I could help you. " Travesty was thinking about it. She wanted to tell her everything. Yet, her inner demons didn't let that happen. Travesty was the cause of her own demise. She liked it that way.

" Please, refrain from touching me. " Cherilee's smile faded. She knew this sentence means she retracted into her shell. She sighed then pulled her hoof back.

" Take your seat then. Maybe next time you will be willing to talk. " Travesty walked into the class, and took her seat at the back of the room. Cherilee was sad about her, but she could do nothing to break her shell. At least not now.


The class was boring and long. They were learning math. It was a torture for the other foals. She liked it. Her intelligence helped her learning everything at incredible speed. She liked studying. At least it occupied her mind instead of the horrors she saw time to time. Technically she wasn't listening. She was just looking out the window. The bell rang, and the foals started to pack their things, but Cherilee wasn't going to let them go that easily.

" Don't forget the talent show! It is your best chance to show who you are. " The class cheered. The foals were already chatting about what will they do in the talent show. Two colt were arguing about a magic show. A filly in a tiara was ranting about a dress, she would wear to dazzle the audience. Everypony left the class except Cherilee and Travesty. She was the last one who left the class. The mare turned to her.

" Travesty, may I have a word with you? " The filly stopped. She turned very slowly to her, then walk in front of her desk. Why can't she leave me alone?

" Yes, Miss Cherilee? " Her voice was as cold, and lifeless as her eyes. Ponyville number one teacher had to use all of her willpower to not hug the filly. She knew that Travesty didn't like it when somepony touched her.

" I was wondering, will you participate in the talent show? " She smiled at her in hope that she will participate.

" ... " Travesty didn't answered. Not because, she didn't want to. She didn't have an answer for her. It made Cherilee uneasy when she didn't say anything.

" Is this a maybe? " Cherilee said hopefully.

" ... " Travesty turned around then started walking towards the door. Cherilee saw this as an escape attempt. She intercepted her quickly and was in her way. Travesty stopped before her.

" Is there a problem? If you don't want to participate, just say so. " The teacher tried to not sound disappointed.

" Why should I be in this thing? I will turn it into a disaster probably. " The mare couldn't contain herself, and brushed the filly's mane.

" It is your chance to show everypony that you are not a bad omen. Tell them your hopes and dreams in a way you like it. " She gently caressed her. It made Travesty uneasy. She felt as if her warm hoof wanted to melt her heart. It wasn't going to happen.

" Please, refrain from touching me. " The mare stopped caressing her. " I will work on a project, but I won't promise that I will perform it in front of an audience. " Cherilee clapped her hooves happily. She smiled at her.

" This is a great news. I will look forward into seeing your performance. " Travesty just left, without saying good bye. She was thinking deeply. Now she had to do something. She hated doing something. She hated when things change.


She hated walking through Ponyville. Ponies were cold to her, because she was a bed omen in their eyes. Whatever she do, or participate in, it will always turn into a disaster. Her very first Summer Sun Celebration turned into almost into an eternal night. She didn't attend it for years, but Cherilee convinced her, that this will be the only chance she will ever see Princess Celestia. There are ponies in Ponyville who blame her about the event that occurred. They accused her, that she summoned Nightmare Moon with her presence. There was another case, when she helped two colt finding an ursa minor. The ponies were not pleased that she led a monster into the village. Rumors says she was behind all the disaster that occurred in the village. Whether it was intentional, or she was at the right time, at the right place. Nopony dared to ask her opinion on this matter. Travesty agreed with their logic. She saw the signs too. She killed her own mother, although unintentionally. Still she blamed herself for it. Everything else were icing on the cake.

She hated walking through Ponyville. Ponies fearfully stepped aside from her way. Merchants didn't want to sell her their stock. They gave her cold looks. A few ponies even yelled hurtful things at her. Although they didn't hurt her physically, she was wounded. She got used to it by now. She just ignored them, as they ignored her. Normally she stayed in the shady parts of Ponyville, but in this case she needed to go to the library. She needed research material to make her little project for the talent show.

She arrived at the Golden Oak library. She eyed the building. I wonder. Is the building fireproof? If so, how hard is it to set it on fire? She shivered by the thought. How can I think of something that horrible?

She walked to the door, then knocked two times. The door was opened by a purple dragon. He looked a little annoyed.

" Hello. How can I help you? " She wasn't interested in the dragon's help.

" I want to learn about magic. " That got his attention right away.

" Don't worry. You came to the right pony. Twilight is really awesome with magic. Come in! Just wait a minute, she is doing a little experiment. " Spike let the filly inside. She looked around. She wasn't impressed by the selection. She had more book probably, then the whole library. Travesty didn't have time to compare the variety, when a lavender unicorn appeared from the basement. She wore a lab coat, and safety goggles. Twilight smiled at the filly.

" Hello. I don't think we have met before. My name is Twi-- " Travesty interrupted her.

" You are Twilight Sparkle. Protege of Princess Celestia. " Other ponies would be annoyed by the fact if somepony don't remember them, but in her case. She didn't care at all.

" Oh? Have we met before? When? " Although Twilight had seen Travesty in Ponyville, but they never really met personally.


- A few months ago -

Travesty was walking through the Everfree Forest. She explored the forest, not because it amused her, but she was looking for predators. Everypony knew how dangerous is the forest, yet she never encountered with dangerous creatures. As if the predators were afraid of her. She could move through the whole forest easily. She knew the forest well. Most of the time she was collecting herbs. She used them as a source of income. There were supplies she had to buy, even if she didn't liked the idea.

As she was just about to leave the forest she saw something in the corner of her eye. Did she find a predator she was looking for? A monster capable of total devastation? She pushed the bush aside and saw a different kind of monster. It was just a colorful ball, with little legs, and four wings. It looked adorable. It was a parasprite. She nudged it with her hoof, and it came alive. It buzzed happily in front of her face. She whistled a tune. The parasprite landed on her muzzle.

" I get it. You are happy. Now shoo! " She gently nudged it off her nose. " I was looking for a monster, but you are a different kind of monster. Your creator must have had a sense of humor. A charming outside, with a soul made out of pure chaos. We are similar. " The parasprite nudged her face.

" Don't you believe me? My flesh might resemble friendship and harmony, but my soul. Oh, my soul. It is the testament of chaos and destruction. I am a living disaster." It flew straight into her face, then rubbed it as if it was showing some kind of affection to her. " I'm going insane. I'm talking to a parapsrite. Stupid insect. " She looked around if there were more parasprite in the vicinity. She found none. Meanwhile the insect just followed her around.

" Tell me my little.... friend. Where did you come from? " It found a mushroom, then ate it with one bite. " South? You came a long way just to die here. I have bad news for you. You won't survive the winter. " One by one it ate the whole patch of mushroom. " You probably don't care that those mushrooms are poisonous. " She whistled again. The parasprite obediently followed her.

" To bad I can't keep you. You are far too dangerous, but I don't hate you for it. It is in your nature. " She started walking to the edge of the forest. " We can't fight against our nature. " She looked at the happy parasprite. It was just a mindless beast, yet it felt happiness. " Don't look at me like that! " She grabbed it, then put it under her hoof. " I can end your life right now, if I wish. Do you fear me? Can you see the monster inside me? Why don't you fear me? Why don't you hate me? Why? Why? Why? " Just a little pressure with her hoof, then she could squash the insect. Travesty knew she was a monster. She accepted the fact. Yet, she couldn't act like one. She closed her eye when she was about to cry. Instead with a heavy sigh. She let go the parasprite, which was happily flying around her again.

" You might find this funny, but I rarely speak with ponies. " She said, while trying to shoo away the parasprite. " I'm not lying. You know nothing about me. They hate me. I'm nothing but a monster. I bet that is why the predators fear me in the forest. I'm at the top of the food chain. " It landed on her face again, but when she tried to get it off from her. She slapped herself. She just wanted to go home, and forget about this encounter. She frowned at the thought that she was speaking to a parasprite.

" This is the longest conservation I have ever had in my whole life. " She calmed down a little. " Thank you, for listening to me, but don't think you are something special. You are just a mindless beast. " The parasprite rubbed against her face.

" Stupid something, that created you! Stupid insect! " She couldn't control herself. She couldn't take anymore affection towards her. She whistled again. She commanded it to return to the forest. It happily flew away.


She was impressed by the rate of destruction, these little creatures created so fast. Whole Ponyville had been destroyed. She walked next to the mane six. Fluttershy noticed her presence. She said it quietly.

" Travesty, are you alright? " She looked at the mare. Fluttershy and Cherilee were the only ponies who did care about her well being.

" I'm fine. Where did you find a parasprite? " Although the question wasn't addressed to Fluttershy directly. She was hiding behind her hooves. Clearly she was guilty.

" Well.. I.. uhm.. I didn't know it was one. I just found it at the edge of the Everfree Forest. It looked adorable." Travesty guessed that she found the parasprite after she left it in the forest. It seems even when she wasn't acting like a monster, it still turns into a disaster. Maybe I spared the parasprite, because my evil instinct told me that it will cause destruction. Even when I try to be different, it always turns into a disaster. She looked around, and seeing the destruction made her uneasy.

At least she could help dealing with them. She started whistling, and the parasprites started following her obidiently. Suddenly Pinkie Pie appeared and did the same tune with her musical instruments. When she saw Princess Celestia she stopped the whistling. She was simply walking away. Fluttershy seeing this followed her.

" Travesty. Where are you going? " Travesty stopped in motion, then turned to the mare.

" I don't need a reminder from Princess Celestia, that I am a monster. It was my fault, that the parasprites destroyed Ponyville. I found it in the Everfree Forest. " A little sadness was in her normally calm voice. Fluttershy gently hugged her. She brushed her messy mane.

" It was just a little accident. Nothing more. You have to stop blaming yourself for things that you didn't do. " For a moment her normally emotionless face showed anger and sadness. Travesty gently pushed Fluttershy aside. Looking into her eyes she said.

" You may not see me as a monster, but your animals do. They can not lie. Everypony fears me. Everypony hates me." She galloped away. She wasn't angry, she ran away because she was at the verge of crying.


" Strange. Fluttershy never mentioned that you find the parasprite in the forest. Oh well, it doesn't matter now. It was just an accident after all. " Twilight smiled at her.

" I want to learn magic. " Twilight's eyes sparkled when she heard that.

" Great! I can point you towards book that helped me with my training. What type of magic are you interested in? " She made a big smile, and clapped her hooves happily.

" I wish to know my magic level first. " She already regretted coming to here. When she said those words Twilight pulled a crazy contraption next to her.

" Don't worry. With this little device I can read your magic level in no time. I just have to fasten this helmet onto your head, and we could start. " Twilight put the helmet on her.

" Maybe we should start? " Twilight pushed a few buttons on the contraption. " Just channel your magic, and I will analyze the results. "

" I'm ready. " Indigo aura appeared around her horn, when she started channeling her magic. The contraption using her magic started to work. Steam coming out of a tube, while a vial filled with magic started to spin around. At the other side, where Twilight stood paper came out, with graphs, and lots of number on it. Twilight was reading the data, when suddenly the vial that contained the magical energies cracked. Raw magical energy burst from the machine, blowing it up completely. The two of them barely had time to jump away from the explosion. Twilight was coughing. She looked at the debris worryingly. This is the first time that she saw something like this.

" W-what happened? " She slowly walked to the machine. Some magical way, the data survived the explosion. She looked through it. " Ooooh. I get it now. " She looked at Travesty who just got the helmet off. Her mane burned a little, and her face was covered in soot.

" Why did your machine blow up? " Travesty said with an uninterested tone. She didn't really care about it.

" I think this is a good news for you. The explosion was caused by you. " Twilight was in full researcher mod. She was analyzing the data, writing on three different paper at the same time.

" I don't think another disaster caused by me is considered as good news. " Her neutral face changed into a frown.

" Don't worry. It wasn't a disaster. I was just surprised by the fact, that you are the second most magical unicorn in all of Equestria. " Twilight couldn't believe that the little filly had almost as magical power as she at her disposal without training. Twilight wondered if the filly once could be the most magical unicorn. With proper training she could even surpass Star Swirl.

" Second? That's pretty high on the list. Who is the first? " Although she didn't want to show it. She was interested. She never knew she had so much power.

" Oh.. well.. " She said it with a blush. " According to the Canterlot Archives I am the first. The list doesn't contain Star Swirl's magical level, but he holds the honorary title for the most magical unicorn. The second was a mare called Sunset Shimmer. You are the second now. I have to send the data to the Archives, so they could change the order. Oh! I could give you a patronage so you could apply to Celestia's school for gifted unicorns. I'm so excited. There is so much thing for you to learn. " Twilight happily jumped around her. Travesty stopped her suddenly.

" I have no wish to master the arcane. I just want to learn a few tricks for the talent show. " She said with her cold voice.

" But.. you have a wonderful gift. Think how much good you can do. You can even surpass Star Swirl the Bearded. " Twilight wasn't going to give up. She wanted to convince the filly.

" Twilight Sparkle. I am a hideous monster. If what you say is true. I'm a danger to all of Equestria. If I turn evil I will become the destroyer of Equestria, not her savior. " Travesty turned around so Twilight could not see the tears in her eyes.

" You are not a monster Travesty, but I can understand your fear from your power. " She put a hoof gently in her shoulder. " You can come here anytime you wish. I will teach you a little about magic, but please at least consider my offer. " Twilight smiled warmly at her.

" ... " Travesty for once in her life she was speechless. She could feel that a warm feeling embrace her. " I will think about it, but I won't promise anything. " She took a few step towards the door. " I have to go. I will come back tomorrow. " Although most of the time she was walking very slowly, that could drive anypony insane. This time she ran as quickly she could. She was running away from her feelings.