• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 2,167 Views, 36 Comments

The return of Gabby Gums. - Blonde Blue Eyes



The all hated newspaper column writer Gabby Gums is back and of course The Cutie Mark Crusaders are blamed. Will they be able to clear their names again?

  • ...
1
 36
 2,167

Just a trip?

Author's Note:

Unedited. I don't have an editor.

"Remember, this is just a short trip to figure out who's doin these stories, then were back home before anypony worries. I just hope nopony asks Mrs. Cheerilee about our little field trip." Applebloom said as the train began to leave the Ponyville station.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about it. I told them that she was coming with us but she actually has to go away. Something about a family emergency. The best part. There's no school for the other ponies either. I told Applejack and Rarity we were the only ones allowed on this trip. Scootaloo informed her friends.

"I sure hope so. Rarity would never stop hounding on me if she found out I went out of town. Especially without anypony to watch me." Sweetie Bell replied.

Applebloom suddenly heard loud angry voices coming from the train car next to her. All she could hear was mumbling and low yelling. "Hey guys I think I hear somepony in the next car." she said to Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Applebloom quietly walked over to the door and opened it. The voices were louder now but still unidentifiable through the sound of the wind blowing between the cars.

Carefully Applebloom stepped over joint between the train cars and very slowly peeked inside the window to see... "Applejack?" She looked around the car to find all of Applejack's friends were there too. "Oh no." She whispered to herself as she overheard Rarity complain about the crowd in that car. Applejack offered to check the other car to see if it had less ponies in it.

"Hide, Applejack's comin." Applebloom called quickly.

"What!" Both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo said at once.

"Can't explain just hide." Applebloom said again. Needing no further incentive the three quickly hid under the beds to avoid being seen. Sure enough Applejack poked her head in the train car to see it empty. Applejack turned around without closing the door to call to the rest of her friends. In a second Rarity was in the car causing her usual drama while the other five followed.

"I just caint believe they would do somthin like that. And now we gotta go up to Manehattan ourselves cuz they went on that little field trip of theirs without sending that letter I told her to send to Babs. Applejack said upset and angry at he same time.

"What do we do?" Scootaloo whispered.

They were all laying underneath the same bed hoping not to be seen. "Ah don't know, just wait I guess. And be quiet." Applebloom said. Scootaloo smiled, a little embarrassed at talking during such a time. While the Mane six continued their angry remarks about the Crusuaders.

*Hiccup* Both Scootaloo and Applebloom quickly looked at Sweetie Belle with what the hay looks on their faces. *Hic...* Applebloom quickly covered Sweetie Belle's mouth and listened to make sure nopony heard her. Luck held out so the Mane six were too involve in their conversation to hear.

"Stop hiccupin Sweetie Belle." Applebloom quietly whispered into her ear.

"Sorr-*hic*-y I get nervous when I'm hiding from my sis-*hic*-ter." Sweetie Belle replied trying to avoid further hiccups as best as she could.

"You never hiccuped the day Spike had us help him with the animals." Scootaloo said barely audible even to her friends.

"That's because *hic* I was comforted by the pets." Sweetie Belle replied.

"Well at least keep yur muzzle closed when ya do. Applebloom whispered.

Sweetie Belle kept her muzzle closed as requested the rest of the ride to Manehattan. The Mane six never stopped talking about the Crusaders the whole way there. Scootaloo was especially upset at how even Rainbow Dash didn't trust them. Twilight remained the most silent through the trip as if something were keeping her form talking. Pinkie Pie however didn't really even focus on the topic, but when she did she was just as upset as the others. Even Fluttershy was a bit brash with her remarks.

The train slowed to a stop. "Manehattan!" the conductor yelled through the train. Applejack and the rest of the big ponies unloaded from the train allowing the Crusaders to get out from under the bed.

"Ow, ow, ow." Scootaloo exclaimed as she stretched her wings outward. "That gave me a real kink in my wings."

"No time to stretch Scootaloo, the train's bout to leave again." Applebloom said as she began to head out the door. She looked around to make sure her sister wasn't around before unloading off the train with her friends close behind. "C'mon, Babs told me bout a short-cut to her house this way. We've gotta beat my sister and the others there." Applebloom said running through an alleyway.

--------------------

*Thunk, thunk, thunk* Applebloom knocked on the door as quickly and loudly as she could while Scootaloo kept a lookout for the Mane six. "Hang on." Babs' called form inside. A few second's later Babs opened the door. "What are y..."

"Can't talk here, we'll explain in yur room." Applebloom said quickly. Babs could see how desperate the three of them were so she let them in without a word. Babs galloped quickly up the stairs and opened the door to her room. The Crusaders quickly rushed inside.

"Ok, now. What's this about?" Babs asked as Scootaloo rushed to the window to watch out again.

"Trouble. Someone here in Manehattan has taken our pen name Gabby Gums and is using it to post story's about ponies like we did a while back." Applebloom explained.

"How could they have known?" Babs asked.

"I dunno, but Applejack and the rest of them'r on the way here right now cuz they think it's you copying us." Applebloom stated.

"What makes them think I would do that?" Babs said looking a bit fearful of the lecture her mother would give her if she heard about this false information.

"They think we told you to." Sweetie Belle chimed in.

"My mom is at the store right now so we just gotta..." Babs tried before being interrupted by Scootaloo.

"Their at the street corner we have to hurry." Scootaloo almost yelled.

Without a word Babs quickly ran downstairs to lock the front door before running back upstairs. She quickly closed the curtains to her window and told everypony to hush.

Rainbow Dash's impatience led to the Mane Six giving up quickly. The Crusaders could hear Rarity say that she wanted to pick up some material while she was here any way so they all walked off to return later.

"Whew. That was close." Scootaloo whispered.

"What'r we gonna do?" Applebloom asked her friends.

"We have to figure out who's doing the columns of course." Sweetie Belle remarked.

The Crusaders agreed and they all rushed downstairs to the door. They peeked out windows to see that the Mane Six were out of sight.

Babs unlocked the door and headed out to the street. "What paper was it?" Babs asked.

"Wait. There are more than one?" Sweetie Belle asked in reply.

"Of course, this is a big city." Babs said. "None'a you know?" Babs asked. They just shrugged. "Fine, well just have to start with the biggest newspaper company in here." She said as she ran off down the street opposite of the Mane Six's route.