• Published 8th Dec 2015
  • 552 Views, 8 Comments

Darker Than Purple - Arkybrony



Because of a mysterious phenomenon known as Hell's Gate, Twilight Sparkle has become a contractor, a pony with special powers that highly trained unicorns couldn't even master, and must anonymously fight for what's right as her world falls apart

  • ...
5
 8
 552

The Dark Sister's Old Dream Fulfilled

Celestia received Twilight's letter, along with the propaganda being spread about her that Twilight had attached. Celestia knew that her career would soon be over,, but when, she did not know. Until she read the propaganda.

"The Swift Report:
Princess Celestia: Equestria's Greates Traitor (With Evidence)"

She read through it, seeing all the compelling lies they told. With the evidence they presented, and knowing the Supreme Court of Equestria, she knew that this would be her doom.

As a little filly she was trained to become a princess. She worked hard for it, and gained it. She and her sister ruled all of Equestria. She was even given the responsibility of raising the Sun for the entire planet, not just Equestria. She lived for thousands of years. She made big mistakes too, including one that had repercussions that lasted a millennium, but overall, she was the greatest Princess Equestria had ever seen. Sadly, the mistake she made over a thousand years ago came back to haunt her again, even though the truth was being perverted. Now, she had to throw it all away, or risk the destruction of everything and everypony she knows and loves.

She penned a letter,

"Get the following message to the presses, and don't pervert it like you have already done with the facts regarding Luna's return to the Moon:

I, Princess Celestia, hereby resign all my duties as Princess of Equestria, including, but not limited to
-Governing ponies
-Raising and lowering the Sun for not just Equestria, but the entire planet.

Because of the wicked actions of the military, I have been made to look like a fool, and I am being forced to resign. This is my own decision, but if I didn't do this now, more awful things could've happened that could've put ponies in danger. If they are magically capable enough, I hereby place Princess Cadence in charge of the Sun, and Princes Twilight Sparkle in charge of the Moon. If they are not, then Luna's dream of an eternal night shall become true, and for the other half of the planet, there shall be an eternal day. Eternal, at least until the point of where somepony has gained powers like mine, but as for now, since I am being forced to resign, the Sun is no longer my duty,

No matter what propaganda is spread, I still love you all. Don't ever forget that.

Goodbye,

Celestia."

Even though it was just 4:00 PM, she began the longest night Equestria would ever see. If only Luna could see this, because she would finally have her dream of eternal night. Or at least a really long night.

Once the afternoon sunset was complete, she magically duplicated her letter and sent it to Twilight Sparkle, along with an explanation letter that read

"Twilight Sparkle,

My faithful student. I have loved mentoring you and making you into the mare you are today. Sadly, the military has gone insane and is forcing me to retire. With this retirement, I am also retiring my responsibility of raising the Sun. I have delegated the Sun to Cadence and the Moon to you, however, I know that neither of you are actually capable of doing so yet, and this was just a formal act. If you feel compelled to try, go ahead, but don't feel obliged.

Lastly, Twilight, I must tell you one last thing about contractors like yourself. You are going to lose your sense of morals. Friendship will remain, since it is the greatest magic of all, but morals will fade. I do not know how or when. It could hit you like a bomb, triggered by a traumatic event, or it could slowly happen. I am sorry, but this is what must occur, and neither you or I can stop it. I am sorry. You will still know the difference between right and wrong, and you will be able to choose sides, but when working for whatever side you're on, your morals will fade.

Twilight, I need you to fight on my side. Though I am physically gone from Equestria, we can still secretly exchange letters, so I will not be gone forever. You must stay with me and anonymously fight for what's right. Keep up your clean image as Twilight Sparkle, and as Twilight Sparkle, do what the people want of you. But as a contractor hero in whatever new identity you choose to be, I need you to help me in the fight for Equestria's salvation.

You don't have to. You can do whatever you want. But from a friend to a friend, an Equestrian to an Equestrian, we must fight for justice.

From now on, we are partners. I am not your mentor and you are not my student. I am not your princess and you are not my subject. I am not your senpai and you are not my kohai. I am not your ruler. We are now equal.

If we win WHEN we win this battle, the Sun will rise again.

Your faithful partner,

Celestia."

Celestia cried and sent the letter to Twilight Sparkle. She then gathered her necessities, packed them up, and said one last goodbye to the palace she once called home. With that she left.

She flew high in the sky, above where anypony could crash into her or interrupt her. Above all civilization, including any pegasus city. So many emotions rushed through her head. She didn't know where she was going yet. At this point, she was just trying to clear her head. She already knew that she would have to be a vagabond, but instead of thinking of where to go first, she just reassured herself by thinking of the promise she made Twilight, and how she could cope with it at the moment, high in the sky, above everything else.

"The sun will rise."

Author's Note:

I know this is supposed to be dark, but I just couldn't resist from putting in the senpai-kohai thing.