• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 401 Views, 4 Comments

Fall of the Crystal Empire - CPT N1GHTW1NG



Celestia revisits painful memories of the kingdom that almost fell into darkness, well... it did.

  • ...
 4
 401

Old Scars, Fresh pains

Old Scars Fresh Pains

Celestia hated mornings.

Especially one specific morning, the Morning of Light. Also known as the anniversary of the day both she and her sister Luna defeated the tyrant of the crystal empire.

After having giving up on her mane the celestial princess went to eat breakfast before beginning the day court.

"I must remember to have my barber look into my mane before I start my day" Celestia said to herself As she walked down the hall towards the royal dining room she took note of the empty palace halls. Nobody was walking down the besides herself which she found to be rather... odd normally there would be one or two servants running up and down the halls to take their morningly positions, getting ready to serve the royal sisters as they prepared for their daily and nightly roles as the co rulers of Equestria.

"Must be for the celebration today" Celestia mumbled to herself still half asleep. Celestia came to the doors of the enormous room in which the royal sisters shared meals together when possible, their meals were often separated because Luna was in charge of the night court and Celestia herself was in charge of the night court. Sisterly bonding time usually took place around supper time for that was when Luna was eating her first meal of the night while Celestia ate supper and prepared to go to bed.

Celestia sat in her usual spot at the end of the table. Luna sat at the other end of the table eating her last meal of the day before she went to go to sleep.

"Good morning sister I see you slept well?" Luna asked with a tiny giggle.

"Yes I did Luna why do you ask?" Celestia replied.

"Oh no particular reason I was just wondering about your mane you really outdid yourself with the bed style this morning." Luna burst out trying not to laugh but it was useless. Before she knew it Luna was on the ground laughing like a little filly.

"YOU SHOULD SEE YOURSELF!" Luna said in short bursts through her fits of laughter snorting like a pig. Celestia could tell that night court had been extra slow since now her sister was on the floor laughing like a maniac. It seemed she had been looking for a good laugh all night but clearly one had not come across until now.

"Oh shut up I'm going to have that fixed after breakfast." Celestia said with a tinge of annoyance in her voice.

"You look wonderful this morning your majesty" greeted the mare who served her her breakfast in the royal dining room

"Thank you pan, you know I appreciate all the work you've done for my sister and I?" Celestia replied to the mare as she took out her notebook and quill.

"So what will it be this morning?" Pan Cake asked her employer who looked up at her smiled.

"Oh the usual," Celestia sighed "carrots and celery with lettuce pancakes."

"Okay!" chirped the happy mare as she took down her employers order. when she finished Pan looked to the other side of the room where Luna sat with tears in her eyes from just moments ago.

"And for you Luna?" she asked.

"I shall have the same as my sister." replied Luna stifling another giggle.

"Okay is that everything?" Pan asked suppressing a chuckle from seeing her employer in such a state.

"Alright that two cake specials, will there be anything else?" Pan said scribbling in her notebook

"Umm yes can you get my sister a hairbrush please?" Luna squeaked still trying not to laugh.

"Ignore her you know how she is at the end of night court Pan," Celestia quickly added in "I'm going to get my mane taken care of after my meal."

"Yes your highness." Pan Cake said with a smile and a slight bow, Celestia might be a good friend of hers but she was still her ruler and she respected her as such.

"Pan how many times have I told you that you don't have to bow to me. You're a close friend and our personal cook you've even earned the right to sit for meals with us! There is no need for such formality, plus we are not in the public eye seeing as my mane is so unkempt at the moment" Celestia stated.

"Just respecting ancient royal rules your majesty." pan said leaving the room to get there order

Celestia looked over to her sister and noticed something off about her. It was subtle but it was definitely there, was it, fear? hopelessness? "whats troubling you Luna?" Celestia asked.

"Huh? What? Oh nothing just bad memories, they happen all the time it's just from being on the moon for a thousand years." Luna said snapping back to reality after having zoned out during Celestias rant with pan.

"Okay but if there is any thing else that troubles you, come and talk to me." Celestia added with some worry for her sister

"Soups on your majesties!" Pan shouted announcing her presence with there food.

"Thank you Pan I have a request to make for the kitchen staff..." Celestia started, she looked at Luna and winked "I wish for them to bake their best cake then I want you personally to deliver it directly to Luna's chambers I'll pay you all extra if you can make the the cake look like a beautiful Luna approved night sky and make the moon the new one and not the one with my sisters head on it while having it say 'Ponies work during the day true happiness is found at night' "

"Sister you do not have too..." Luna started.

"Luna I do this to please you and to clear your mind for tonight you will need it" Celestia cut in.

with a huff Luna replied "fine."

TWO HOURS LATER

"YOUR MAJESTY," shouted a guard as he rushed into the throne room "I bear an awful message."

"speak it so I may asses the situation." replied Celestia.

Then suddenly a wild Luna appeared.

"sister I carry grave news." she said.

"Not now Luna the guard was about to tell me something." Celestia said "What is your message."

the guard choked a little as he said "Your majesty its the crystal empire it has returned."

"And guess who returned with it?" said Luna.


"SOMBRA"

Author's Note:

This is my first story and its going to be a big one SO, forgive me if it is not what others can write. This a first attempt but I am hoping and going to write more stories. If you come across this chapter make sure to leave some feedback in the comments this is a first chapter it will get better as the story goes on