• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,056 Views, 24 Comments

And Then Gravity Fell. - scrollingstuff



An AU, in which Twilight ends up in Gravity Falls instead of Canterlot High in Equestria Girls. All that normal crossover crap. And for those that are worried, no, there is no Twidip.

  • ...
12
 24
 1,056

Early Conversations

Once Dipper slowly began to open his eyes, he found it hard to convince his arms to lift him up. He lied there lazily and stared up at the ceiling with his thoughts beginning to devour his mind. The young boy would do this often when he'd wake up. Sure, he liked that his summer hadn't been a complete bore like he thought it was going to be, but he liked to take advantage of a few moments of peace.

Slowly, his body shifted and he finally managed to rise out of his bed. Immediately, Dipper headed downstairs. Past the living room is where he found the kitchen, where he was greeted by his sister sitting patiently while wearing a goofy and brace-filled smile upon her face.

"Morning, bro!" Mabel exclaimed.

"Morning." Her brother replied sleepily.

The twins would normally have morning conversations almost everyday while they would wait for Stan to wake up. Most of their talks consisted of Mabel telling Dipper about what kind of wacky shenanigans her, Candy, and Grenda would get into or, Dipper's least favorite subject, Pacifica's "transformation."

"I'm telling ya, Dip! I think she's actually doing well...for a walking-one-dimensional-bleach-blonde-valley-girl-sterotype."

Dipper just scoffed and raised an eyebrow. "Really? Because from what i heard, she said something about you being nothing but a talking ball of yarn at the mall yesterday."

"Yeah, but she smiled at me from afar on that same day."

"Evil smile or something actually genuine?"

"That's not important." Mabel said at quick pace, trying to shush her brother. "And look!" Mabel pulled out a photograph from her sweater. "She's sharing!"

The brother leaned forward to look at the picture. It showed Pacifica passing a dollar to one of her friends.

Dipper grunted. "Should it really count if she's only being nice to another one of her spoiled friends?"

"It's a start!"

Her brother rolled his eyes, but Mabel's just softened. "I just think it'd be better for the both of us not to be stabbing each other in the back or maybe even friends. You saw her back at the golf park. She's not THAT bad."

All Dipper did was face away.

"Besides, what would you know about making friends."

"Huh?" Dipper raised her head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Come on, admit it!" Mabel raised her hands in the air. "You're not the most popular."

"Mabel! I have plenty of friends! Wendy, Soos..."

"Any friends your own age?"

It was at that moment he stopped talking and began to think. Uh oh, she's right. I don't even have any friends at home.

"Well, you know.." He said while turning away. "I just...haven't found somebody with the same interests."

"Dipper, that shouldn't matter. If you really want friends, you should be going out there find some yourself, not just sit around and-"

At that moment, he rose from his seat and walked out of the kitchen. "Broseph?" He went up and back down the stares and passed the doorway where Mabel could see him. "Broseph!?"

All Mabel heard was a slam of a door.