• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 206 Views, 3 Comments

Phoenix - Lemon Pegasus



There's a new pony in town, and he has a secret.

  • ...
 3
 206

Too much

Thus far, Phoenix had not been found out. He sat in the bar, enjoying some Applejack Daniels, pleased that last night no one had seen him meeting up with Bob Bullet. He took a sip. The drink was refreshingly cold in such a hot area, and though Phoenix wasn't exactly an alcoholic, he really loved it!

Phoenix checked his pouch, he only had 10 bits remaining after paying for the room, though he still had the gem he could sell off. Now, just how much would that sell for?

"What you're looking at is a 42 carat citrine gemstone, where did you find this, son?" The old jeweler asked, looking at the gemstone Phoenix had handed him.

“This was handed to me by my mother, as a gift. I have no use for it, so…” he replied. Of course, this was lie. In reality Phoenix stole this gemstone in Appaloosa.


The jeweler placed down the gem and looked at it through a monocle. He was a grey pony with a pale white mane, his cutie mark showing a ruby ring.

“Not very cloudy either…” he noticed “this right here would sell easily for 1000 bits…”

Phoenix froze. Dayum son, 1000 bits! Phoenix then faced the pony and asked “Would you buy it?” thrilled that he was making more money than his pouches could carry.

“I’d be thrilled to have a piece like this in my store, I’ll take it off your hands, 1000 bits, cash.” The pony then placed two large bags on the desk, they made a cling side as they landed, and lumps stuck out from the side. They were definitely filled with coins…

“It’s a darn doodley deal!” Phoenix yelled, absolutely thrilled with his payment. He used his magic to lift the bags, and merrily walked out the door. The sunlight hit him hard after exiting the building, I mean seriously, it was hotter than usual out here! Oh wait… it’s just the fire…. hold one, THERE’S A FIRE!?

Across the street was a building that had fire rising from the windows, and smoke poured out the door. No pony had noticed yet either!
“Everypony, fire, fire!” Phoenix yelled. He dropped the bags and sprinted for the water tower that was fairly easy to spot, it was one of the only buildings more than 2 stories tall.

Ponies now started showing up to see what the yelling was, they all looked shocked at the sight of a fire, yet Phoenix seemed to be the only one actually doing something about it. He reached the water tower and stood beside the tap, they were no buckets! Phoenix remembered a gust spell he learnt back in his childhood, and he had an idea!

Phoenix turned the tap, water started falling out at a steady rate, Phoenix then concentrated, sparks flying from his horn, when, some dust started blowing around the tap, soon the winds picked up speed and the water was picked up!

Once Phoenix was sure the wind had enough strength, Phoenix started running for the burning building, guiding the winds direction which carried water in it’s blow. Now stood before the building, Phoenix directed the wind towards the fire.

There were loud hissing sounds and steam combined with smoke poured out the building. Sweat dripped from his forehead as he struggled, conjuring this spell was difficult enough in normal conditions, but it was super hot out here which only made it harder!

Ponies watched in awe at Phoenix’s struggles, and they could only continue watching as he collapsed to the ground.

“Aah, what… happen…” Phoenix mumbled, as he awoke. He was in a empty room, lying on a bed, the window wide open. It actually took Phoenix a few seconds to notice there was a pony stood beside him… Lucy! She wasn’t wearing her hat, and she looked proud of Phoenix, a small smile on her face.

“You... may or may not have collapsed,” Lucy told him “you overworked yourself.” Phoenix got up, his eyesight now back to normal.

“Hold on.. what happened to my money?” Phoenix asked, praying no one took his 100 bits. His spirits were lifted as Lucy levitated two fulls bags beside him.

“Right here,” she said “a couple of ponies actually put more coins in there.”

“WHAT???” Phoenix was extraordinarily shocked.

“Don’t sound so surprised, you’re a hero to the town!” Phoenix actually was in deep thought at this moment. He WAS a bandit, sometimes he did have to kill people, but that doesn’t mean he was going to let somepony die by freaking burning to death! Wouldn’t anypony else do the same?

Later, Phoenix dressed himself back up, his clothes had been neatly folded under his bed. He stepped outside the hospital.

“Phoenix is okay!” he heard a voice yell, and soon enough he was surrounded by ponies all clapping and cheering his name. Phoenix was.. actually rather shy at this point, when out of the crowd, a young filly stepped forward. She looked so innocent, so harmless, so careful.

“I was in the house you saved from burning.” her voice was tiny and delicate “this is for you, as a thanks you present.” the pony gave Phoenix a small, blue flower. The crowd was silent. Phoenix placed the flower in his jacket with his magic and placed a hoof on the filly’s shoulder.

“..thank you, for the flower. And… you shouldn’t have to thank me for doing my civic duty.”

This moment almost brought Phoenix to tears. He had a job to do, he was going to attack this town, but now, he was the town hero. How could he? His thoughts were cut short by something that stunned him: the filly was now hugging him. This moment changed everything.

Phoenix looked down at this filly who looked up to him as a hero, and looked around at these people who now saw him as a friend. The ponies then continued clapping. So, the last moment almost brought him to to tears, this moment... he did in fact feel a tear run down his face. He now had a connection with these ponies, how could he steal from them?