• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 1,645 Views, 33 Comments

The Key to evolution (Remake) - Fluffyyeti



A story of a man who would either make or destroy the foundations of Equestria.

  • ...
16
 33
 1,645

Reading the Past part 1

Reading the Past

Part One

The sun descended down to the west of the Castle Libertà. The last of the suns rays reflected off of the black marbled towers before everything was granted the gift of the star-filled night sky. In the tallest tower that stood in the center of Libertà, candles can be seen flickering in the room of its ruler and caretaker. The only sound that could be heard in the room was the constant scratching of a quill as a human man that looked to be in his thirties fumbled with his notes. The candlelight reflected off his well-polished black armor revealing a craftsmanship that only the titans could match. Every piece of it had a copper outlining, and had an artistic view of copper vines with crimson leaves that crawled all over his chest plate and shoulder guards. His face was gentle while his sea-blue eyes glimmered with experience; short dark-brown hair and goatee finished up the face of the one and only head of the new Peradovic family.

He sighed in announce before he crumpled up his note and threw it into the trash with the other failures. For the past four hours this man has worked tirelessly; but enough was enough.

This is bullshit! I can battle any rival Elemental, create an empire, and manage a large family. But for the life of me I can't write one stupid speech for the meeting.

He stood up and stretched his limbs; his back gave a grotesque pop only to be followed by a sigh of relief.

"Oh ya, that's just what I needed. I'm getting to old for this crap."

The door to his room squeaked open as a supposed threat slithered closer to her prey. If the young man wasn't preoccupied with his stretching he might have noticed the somewhat silent giggling that was heading towards him. Without warning her serpent tail rapped around the mans waist comfortably as she climbs the back of her victim.

"Gotcha daddy!"

Her father looked over his shoulder at his playful daughter. She was a tiny gorgon; she had neck length sky-blue hair, and her body was covered with dark-green scales except for her light-blue eyelids. As far as clothing went she wore a pink sashes around chest and hips. He chuckled deeply as he looked into his daughters adorable pink orbs.

"Hey Fate its good to see you squirt; I'm going to guessing that your brothers and sisters are back? Did you all have fun while you were out making flower crowns?"

Fate nodded vigorously as she showed him the blue flowered head dress she had created. "Yes we had a lot of fun! You should have seen all the flowers; they were so beautiful." Her smile left her as she slumped down a bit. "Well Martial and Devon did nothing more than shout at each other."

Hearing that his two idiot sons were fighting again was no big surprise; however he told them that if they didn't have fun in the fields with the rest of the family they would both be susceptible to all kinds of weird punishments when they returned.

Oh well, guess those two get to clean the soldiers bathrooms again. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when I hand them toothbrushes.

A old scruffy voice entered the room. "My lord Davis its time to go."

Davis looked to the door to see his messy feathered second in command. The old black Griffon had a look that demanded respect for the scars on his face and beak showed that he was no stranger to battle. Sadly though besides his experience with a blade he tended to have that old Griffon smell no matter where he was. Davis usually joked with him about how his stink would kill the enemy before his blade did.

Fate whimpered at the thought of her dad leaving her. "Daddy why do you have to leave! I don't want you to go."

Davis reached back and brushed his hand through the tiny gorgons hair which calmed her down a little. Davis looked at his old friend while picking up his bronze helmet that was in the shape of the head of the Egyptian god Anubis.

"Boris I'm putting you in charge while I'm gone. Oh, and make sure that my sons get sent to clean the soldiers bathrooms again. Use tooth brushes this time, that should get them thinking."

Boris grunted a little as a small smirk graced his beak. "Those boys are lucky I don't make them use their tongues. But don't worry sir I will look after everything while your at the meeting. It will only be a few days how hard can it be?"

As Davis walked out of his office he gave Boris a smirk. "Really Boris? Even after everything we have been through you should know better than to say something like that. You will be surprised as to how hard it can be to rule this land. Speaking of which when times get tough I have some headache medicine in the third drawer in my desk. Trust me your going to need it eventually."

Davis and Boris walked up flights of stairs while talking about different military procedures and civilian problems. Davis even brought up the topic of soap which was quickly shot down by Boris. They made it to the portal room which resided at the top of the tower. Three huge stone archways stand in the center of the dark room.

Fate crawled from her adoptive fathers right shoulder blade to his chest while giving him a good bye hug. Davis swore his armor was just a little tighter than usual thanks to Fates constricting hug.

Holy crap I'm going to need to be careful when she's all grown up. I'm seriously thinking that I will need some good health insurance for myself and whoever takes to her fancy. She will literally love us both to death!

Davis gave his daughter a loving pat on the back while his daughter started to cry into his chest. "Fate stop your crying love." Fate looked up, boy was she upset. Her eyes flowed, her nose leaked, and she started to get the usual tiny hiccups she got when upset. Davis grabbed his handkerchief and brought it to her little nose. Fate blew into the handkerchief, only to have Davis give his handkerchief a look that said -ewww-. Davis quickly pocketed the handkerchief to allow himself a free hand.

"I will be back soon Fate don't you worry. Besides I have an important job for you while I'm gone ok?" Fate just nods as Davis wipes her tears away.

"Ok what I need you to do is look for my journal, and show it to your brothers and sisters. I think its time you learned how I got here."

"But daddy you always said that I shouldn't see that because I'm not old enough?" Davis snorted.

"Yes your right, there are things in there that I would rather you not know. But I already came to the conclusion that your growing up and you will find out sooner or later. Besides I'm hoping that the lessons I learned growing up will teach you a thing or two. Especially your knucklehead brothers. Just make sure to give it to your sister Mira, I'm more than certain that she will want to read it to everyone."

Fates eyes sparkled with renewed excitement, a smile graced her gentle face while she imagined hearing of his many adventures.

"Ok dad as long as you don't mind."

Davis chucked, "You know I've noticed that you act almost like an old friend of mine. She is one of the kindest ponies I have ever met. But she still can't compare to how adorable you have grown up to be."

Fate covered her face with her sky-blue hair in shyness. "Thank you daddy. I love you and I will see you soon right?"

Davis nods.

Fate gave her human father one last hug as she uncoiled herself from his waist. She now coiled herself on the floor looking up at him; Fate knew something was amiss but decided to shrug it off as nothing. She gave a few sniffles before she slithered her way out the door.

The old Griffon walked over to Davis while wearing a confused expression. "Davis is their something wrong? Why would you give the little one your journal? You always told me that you would tell them yourself when your children got older?"

Davis's eyes turned hard and serious as he looked at Boris. "Boris I have heard disturbing news; it looks like Kaino will be at the meeting representing as one of the Skaven kings royal guards."

Boris stared at his king with a look of disgust plastered on his beak, "Is that cheese munching rat bastard stupid enough to bring someone like Kaino with him? Most of the kingdoms on Eve want him dead! Do they want everyone to turn against them? This is sheer madness!"

While he placed a reassuring hand on his old Griffon friend, Davis for the first time in what seemed like ages was afraid; no terrified of what might transpire.

"Boris If the Skaven decide to appear while I'm gone you know what to do right?"

Boris nodded, "I will make sure that the citizens and your children are in the secure bunker, do not worry sir I will protect everyone with my life. All you need to worry about is not getting recognized by Celestia and Kano. I'm suddenly feeling like the four guards I have ready for you wont be enough; will you permit me to send more."

The human king shook his head as he turned his attention to the archways. "No Boris I want all my available soldiers here. If anything happens to me-."

Boris unleashed a irritated roar. "Now you listen to me boy!"

Davis was shocked at his friends reaction.

"I didn't survive this long to hear you squeal about how you might not come back! We survived through our times as slaves and we will survive this! You are my king and I wont tolerate anyone else taking the throne. I know that you gave your kids the journal because you decided you might not survive; that is understandable. However being precautious and being down right cowardly are two completely different things. Now dammit, grow some balls and tell me you'll be back and let that be the end of it." Boris breathed heavily as his eyes watered up.

Davis nodded and sighed while he placed his bronze Anubis helmet on. With his helmet in place he was now fully unrecognizable. Thanks to the helmets enchantment Davis's voice was transformed into a really deep and powerful tone.

"Alright you old bastard; I believe you've said enough. Just hold the fort for me until I get back alright? Oh, and don't forget about my boys. You know the toothbrushes?"

Boris laughed while whipping his eyes. "No sir I will definitely not forget to do that. Are you kidding? That's going to be my entertainment for the week."

Knowing that his family was in good claws Davis walked over to the middle stone archway while pulling a knife from his belt. He stabbed the tip of his finger to get a small trickle of blood to flow. He sheathed his knife while taking his wounded finger and smearing a small steady line of his blood onto the archway. Davis concentrated on the blood smear with a hard focus; he had to imagine his destination for this to work right. Almost instantaneously a blinding light flashed into his eyes causing him to shield his face. The light died down after a few seconds passed; only to reveal that the archway now had what looked like a spinning vortex made up of glowing water inside it. Davis looked at Boris one last time before he stepped into the portal and disappeared.

Boris shook his head as he watched the portal dissolve into nothing.

Good luck my old friend; I hope you throw that bastard Kaino into a world of hurt. Now then, time to give those two brats some ruff love! I wonder where they would be right now?

Inside Libertà's orphanage

Fate had made her way inside the orphanage while holding onto an old book that was the same size as her chest. Fate wore a goofy smile as she slithered as fast as her tail allowed. Her book worm of a sisters room was just around the corner when she heard an all to familiar confrontation happening from a room down the hall.

"Devon I swear if you took my homework again because your to lazy I'm going to bury you!" The growling from her brother Martial filled the hallway.

Fate rolled her eyes and decided to ignore her brothers; only to have the door to Martial's room swing open. Martial had thrown Devon out of his room. A reddish-brown coated diamond dog walked closer to his smaller silver coated diamond dog. Devon stood up and dusted himself off while giving Martial a sly smirk.

"Now brother really, do you think that I would steal your homework after the last score you got?" Devon snorted "I would have more luck letting Fate do my homework for me than to take your D plus workmanship."

"Um, excuse me but I'm not stupid." Fate looked at Deven with disapproval.

"See what you get for being an idiot!" Martial pointed at Devon while he laughed.

Devon noticing that she was behind which caused him to cringe a bit. "Oh, sorry Fate. I never said that you were stupid I only meant that Martial here is the dullest hammer in the box."

Before Martial could get close to beat the tar out of him the door to Mira's room swung open revealing a perturbed pink unicorn mare with a white mane and a scroll cutie mark. "Ok, what in Celestial's giant flank is going on out here? Can't a mare read in peace!"

Fate looked happy to see her older sister, but Devon and Martial looked like they just got hit on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. "Really guys do you need to make such a ruckus? Do me a favor if your going to be immature you can take your posterior's out of this vicinity!"

Martial looked at Mira with confusion. "Wait, move our what to where?"

Devon chucked as he pointed his thump at his clueless brother. "Cream of the crop this one is."

Mira looked like she was going to spew fire out of her eyes at her childish brothers. "Your butts, rumps, derrières, tails, seats, tushes and in the case of our father ASSES! Vicinity means somewhere other than here; do you get it now or do you want me to keep proving how uneducated you both are!"

Martial clutched his side as he fell to the floor laughing. "We actually got her to say ass!"

The silver coated pup pounded his fists into the floor as he joined Martial in laughter. "You know I'm so glad I have such an educated sister that knows all the names of a persons backside. I'm sure that will come in handy when you get a job cleaning toilets for a living!"

"Really now that's actually funny considering where you two are going." A stern voice bellowed from where Fate was sitting.

Mira gained a wicked grin as she looked to see Boris as he walked towards them. "Oh look who's in trouble, try not to have to much fun Devon."

Devon flinched for a second before a cocky grin spread upon his muzzle, "Well smell who it is! Old saggy feathers planning to catch me again? Good luck with that old fart."

Martial rolled his eyes, "Really Devon your going to run again? He has already caught you 46 times; do you really think that he wont catch you now?"

Devon stood up and stretched his legs preparing for the chase that was soon to follow. "Martial you can clean my share of the bathrooms; trust me I don't mind at all.

Boris stretched his wings and limbs as he eyed the hot headed youngster. "Oh I'm going to enjoy this. Martial you get to clean the military bathrooms in the west wing." Boris pulls out a pink tooth brush and tosses it the young pup.

When Martial caught the tooth brush his eyes widened and his jaw dropped, "This is some kind of joke right! You can't expect me to -."

Boris stopped him with a raise of his claw. "Your fathers idea, not mine. Your more than welcome to use my method if you would like."

Devon and Martial faces turned pale as they remembered all the horrors they had to endure from Boris's other methods. Martial shook his head. "No I'm good with this I'm not sure what your method is but I feel safer with my dads punishment instead."

On the sidelines Fate and Mira looked at each other and giggled at their brothers expense.

Devon gets into a running position. "Alright you old bird you ready to lose?"

Boris shakes his head as he smirks at the overconfident teen. "The rules have changed boy. If you get caught this round before sunrise you will have to use my method to clean the bathrooms understand."

"Then its a good thing I'm not going to get caught isn't it."

"Alright boy on the count of three." Boris raised three talons as he counted down. "One" Devon shook himself to loosen his body. "Two" Mira was shaking her head already knowing the outcome. "Three run you little brat!"

Devon bolted out of the hallway and out a side window at top speed leaving everyone else starring at his after image. Mira looked at Boris, "Are you not you know" Mira pointed in the direction that Devon went, "supposed to chase after him?"

Boris bore a huge smile on his scared beak, "Really now, I'm getting to old for this game to be a match in speed with a young diamond dog. I've played this one smart, he will get tired soon and when he does I will join the chase."

Martial scrunched his brow in thought, "But if your not chasing him why would he waste his energy? He could just hide somewhere."

Boris smile leaves his face as he looked at Martial, "Did I ever say it was just going to be me chasing him? Besides you have your own duty to take care of. Come with me I will show you to your destination."

Off in the distance they heard Devon as he yelled in distress, "Boris you Flank face this is cheating! Get your guards off my tail!"

Boris chuckled as he imagined the utter chaos that has befallen the pup.

"Boris where is father? Did he already leave for that meeting of his?" Mira smiled as she looked at Boris with interest. Martial showed signs of curiosity as his ears perked up.

"Yes Mira, the king has left but he sends his love and promises to return home to you all. I wouldn't worry your father is made of tough stuff he wont go down easy."

Mira now carried a look of anger as she growled at Boris. "Who said anything about worrying? He told us it was no big deal; that it was an important meeting that he would be safe at. What are you hiding you old bird?"

Boris quickly walked over to a window and looked at the moon. "Oh look how the moon is in the middle of the sky; it must be later then I thought. We better get Martial here to finish his chore or he will never get to sleep. Goodnight youngsters."

Before Mira could ask another question Boris grabbed Martial and escorted him to the bathrooms. It took Mira a few minutes to cool off before she realized her gorgon sister was watching her. Mira smiled at Fate before she yawned and headed back inside her room.

"Um Mira?"

Mira looked back at Fate. "Yes Fate what is it?"

"Dad was wondering if you would read this to me and everyone else if that's ok with you." Fate held up the journal to Mira.

Mira gained a look of confusion, "What do you have there? What did dad want me to read to everyone?" Mira looked closer before she gasped in surprise.

"No way! You mean to tell me he wants me to read his journal?" Fate nodded.

"Oh, gimme, gimme, gimme! We need to start this right away!" Fate surrendered the journal to her sisters pink magical aura as it yanked it from her.

"But what about our brothers?"

"What about them? They snooze they lose! They kept me from reading my book earlier; I sure as hell am not going to give them the chance to ruin another reading session."

Author's Note:

Yes I know that there are a lot of mistakes all through out this chapter. I'm currently looking for help in fixing it. Anyways if you see a problem please PM me or type it in the comments.

Just so you all understand I could never figure out what the planet Equestria was on so I named it Eve.