• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 386 Views, 7 Comments

Unusual Outbreak - Ajpegasister



The bacteria that causes tuberculosis causes an outbreak in both Equestria and our world while Pinkie Pie is having a month-and-a-half-long slumber party at my house!

  • ...
10
 7
 386

Chapter 3: Not A Good Morning

So, after Pinkie and I raced home (well, not hers!), my mom greeted us and asked "What in the world were you doing there?! You know I'm perfectly fine with you visiting your pony friends, but you can't leave before 7 a.m. and you have to be back here by 8:15 at night! Tell me why you just got back and it's already 8:42!"

I told her "I'm sorry Mom, I just got carried away and lost track of time! You can understand that, right:fluttercry:?!" and she sure didn't look too happy.

"Honey, I do that a lot. Believe me, that's just a natural part of life! So yes, of course I understand! But, I still do have to punish you. I'm sorry, but you two can't go back tomorrow until 11:00 and you've had lunch!" she replied. So, with this in place, the three of us went to bed (and to sleep:raritywink:). Pinkie and I woke up the next morning at - exactly the same time - around 5:50, just in time to catch the news. I poured us cereal and turned the TV to the news channel, and when the news came on, the anchorman immediately started talking about the OK outbreak involving my family. Wait, OK outbreak:applejackconfused:???!!!

He told the few news viewers that "I just got intel from our amazing news team on the tuberculosis outbreak from all the states surrounding Oklahoma! Yes, there's an outbreak from TB in all 6 of the states surrounding Oklahoma, which I probably should have told all of you first! But anyway, the citizens from Oklahoma seem to be getting into an outbreak from tuberculosis too, especially since Mary Janes from Sapulpa which is a town from Oklahoma was the first OK victim from TB. Yes, she was the first person from Oklahoma to die from the bacteria. What's weird was that the outbreak occurred in all 6 states from the OK border before anyone from Oklahoma was ever actually infected! Isn't that from strange-ville! It seems like she's been infecting other people from her church and from her workplace, because other Oklahoma residents from the Sapulpa area are infected from the bacteria from TB! So if you're from northeastern Oklahoma, you better watch out! And now for some news about the ISIS te-" and I turned the TV off in shock:twilightoops:.

Then I said to Pinkie, "Can you believe that news anchor?! I know I sure can't."

"No way! He said the word 'from' 18 TIMES:pinkiegasp:!!!" she replied.

It was 6:11, and when my mom woke up at 6:40, Pinkie Pie and I told her everything we saw on the news. SHE WAS BEING ABSOLUTELY CRAZY AND HYSTERICAL:raritydespair:!!! The first thing she did was go down to her bedroom and start using her phone to get in touch with my family. This was not a good first day of summer at all! Of course, the only thing that could possibly make it any worse, we still couldn't go back to Equestria for another three hours! What were we supposed to do:fluttershbad:?!

We were in my room trying to think of a plan. A plan on how to conquer this. I decided to get on my computer and e-mail all my family in OK just to see how they were doing (because I knew they'd tell me if they were sick), and WAY more of my extended family than I even knew existed was telling me that my aunt Kim was having the typical symptoms of TB:raritycry:! Then I remembered my immediate family's semiannual trip there was coming up really soon (the day after tomorrow, in fact)! So I went down to see what my mom was doing. She said she'd finished calling and texting everyone, so I asked her if we could leave tomorrow morning. She said yes, and I was jumping up and down with excitement! I asked her if Pinkie Pie could come with us, and I was even exciteder (which I know is not a real word:raritywink:) when she said yes! I went up to my room and started packing my suitcase, but I knew this was super serious and not to get too excited. Pinkie Pie told me to make sure she had packed everything, but she really didn't need or bring anything to my house except for her party cannon, which she, quote, "never leaves home without". She also reminded me that both my siblings had slept over at my aunt Lisa's house (she lives in CT!), and that they'd be coming home around noon. It was already 9:30 by then, so I kept that in mind. When we were done, I turned My Little Pony on, and just like that Fluttershy had come flying into my room! She had some bad news for us, and it sure wasn't good:fluttercry:.

She said "Oh, it's terrible! Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom caught it too! Not only that, but Twilight, Big Mac, Cheerilee, and, well, pretty much everypony in Ponyville except me and Rainbow Dash has it! Speaking of which..." and Rainbow comes flying in through the portal. Fluttershy told us that, "It's also spreading to Canterlot and Appleloosa too!"

"We've gotta do something fast, before all of Equestria is infected!" said Rainbow Dash. "If that happens, I certainly won't be as awesome as I am right now! And I'll never get to join the Wonderbolts either!" Pinkie and I both agreed this was really, really bad! But the pegasi freaked even more when they saw what I'd recorded of the news story that was on earlier! But that was over 3 hours ago; I found a map of where TB had spread as of exactly 9:28 a.m., and there were even a few cases in the southern parts of Nebraska, Wyoming, Iowa, and Illinois:pinkiecrazy:!

I texted my aunt saying "Bring the little ones back here right now." (we always called them "the little ones" because that's what they are: little!) The rest of my text message said, "There's something serious going on in Oklahoma - you'd know if you saw the news at 6 this morning!" Since she lived in another town, we had to wait a little over 30 minutes for her to get here.

In the meantime, I said to the ponies, "Why don't we research tuberculosis? You know, find out as much as we can about it."

Fluttershy agreed it was a good idea and said "Oh, OK! What's tuberculosis?"

"Really, Fluttershy?! Ya don't know what that is?!" I said.

"No, not a clue. Oh, I, I hope I'm not offending you!" she replied.

I told her "The thing all the ponies have? The contagious disease caused by bacteria?! Oh, and no. Not at all:twilightsmile:!"

She said "Oh, that. Yeah, I know what that is. And I'm so glad! I'd always hate to be rude to anypony!" Of course she would. I pulled up an article online and read it out loud to them. That particular one didn't mention the outbreak, but we found another one specifically about the outbreak in the southern U.S. just as the doorbell rang. I ran down to answer because I knew automatically who it would be, and when my mom answered the door, she explained everything in amazing detail after my bother and sister came upstairs to play the Xbox.