• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 385 Views, 7 Comments

Unusual Outbreak - Ajpegasister



The bacteria that causes tuberculosis causes an outbreak in both Equestria and our world while Pinkie Pie is having a month-and-a-half-long slumber party at my house!

  • ...
10
 7
 385

Chapter 1: Worst Last Day Of School Ever

The bell rang. IT WAS MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR:pinkiehappy:!!! I was so happy to finally be done with sixth grade! I said goodbye to all my friends and excitedly ran home. My mom greeted me and said "How was your last day of school? Did you have fun? Oh, someone's been waiting for you! Or should I say somepony!"

Then I yelled "PINKIE PIE!!!", who was pretty excited to see me too! Of course, when is that silly pony not excited?

She replied "Hey! How've you been? Did you have fun today? Ooh, you look excited! Have you been smiling and laughing a lot like you always promise you'll do?"

"Yes, of course!" I said. "Are you excited to start our month-and-a-half-long slumber party that we've been planning for months and my mom for some reason of which I have no idea approved:rainbowhuh:?! 'Cause I sure am!"

"Well duh, silly! Wanna get a cupcake? I baked plenty before I came here!" We each got one of Pinkie's cupcakes as my mom went downstairs and started eating them. She said "We sure have lots of catching up to do! What's been going on here, besides that it's your last day of school which you just got out of?" I told her that Mary Janes, a lady at my family's church, had been infected with the tuberculosis bacteria. She asked what that was and I explained to her.

I said "A bacteria is a microscopic organi-" and she cut me off to say "No, I know what a bacteria is! I meant the tubercu-thingy you just said the lady at your church has!"

"Oh, right:facehoof:!" I'd told her that before. I explained that "Tuberculosis, often referred to as TB, is a bacterial infection caused by a bacteria! It's tough to kill once you have it, and it's certainly not something you'd wanna get. Some common symptoms are coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, chest pain, coughing up blood or mucus (or both), pneumonia, and later it can cause lack of oxygen in blood and organs, organ failure, and gangrene. Oh yeah, and you can die from it."

She said "I bet it can even cause blood failure too:pinkiegasp:!"

Then I replied "That's not a thing, Pinkie Pie. Although I kind of see your point:unsuresweetie:..."

And then she was thinking back "You know, it's kinda weird your church has a lady that goes to it and got tubercu-whatever you said, because Rarity's been sick with sort of a similar lung infection! She's been sneezing and coughing blood, and her doctor found fluid in her lungs which is pneumonia which is one of the symptoms you said that causes the disease your church lady has:rainbowderp:!"

I said "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Probably not:twilightsheepish:!" she replied.

And my last words were "We're going to Ponyville:rainbowdetermined2:!" I conjured up the portal to the Equestrian dimension with a secret recipie she taught me - I've already told you too much about it! But anyway, it only took a few minutes and we were in Ponyville at Fluttershy's cottage! Yeah, sometimes the portal doesn't take us to the exact place we want to go to... But anyway, we were in Fluttershy's living room, which she and her animals heard us crash into.

She ran downstairs with Rainbow Dash (who happened to be visiting at the time) and said "Oh my! What happened?! Where did you come from:twilightoops:?!"

I replied "Howdy, Fluttershy. We were in my dimension and we made the portal to get here. It apparently took us to your living room."

She said "OK. How come you're visiting? I thought your really long slumber party was at your house, not here!"

Pinkie told her that "We came to visit Rarity because we think she has a disease!"

Fluttershy said "Oh, that's terrible! What disease?" I told her and she flipped out! Rainbow asked what it was and I told her, including that a lady at my church contracted it. She decided we should go visit Rarity and take her to the doctor.

I asked where Rarity was and she said "I don't know, but she did leave her house this morning to visit a client somewhere in the other side of town and won't be back 'til about 8:30 tonight... That can't be good:fluttershysad:!" It was barely 3.