• Published 1st Jan 2015
  • 743 Views, 4 Comments

The Element of Kindness - Hoshii Niisan



Fluttershy is known for being the Element of Kindness, but her beginnings were not kind to her.

  • ...
5
 4
 743

In Which Fluttershy is Born

"Well, would you look at that." The older pony looked at her newborn filly. And what a cute filly she was! A yellow filly, with a pink mane and tail. You would think the new mother would be crying with joy, urging her husband to come see her, but she was the exact opposite. Behind her false smile lied an inner face of disgust, despite the overjoyed newborn reaching out to her. The mother was still in the hospital, there was no way to rid herself of the child here. She just kept down the filly's hooves, which the filly used to wholeheartedly try and reach out to her "mama!"

Mama was her first word.

"So..." The nurse trotted into the hospital room, achieving an almost teary smile at the sight of the yellow filly. "What shall you name her?" She smiled at the filly and then at her mother.

The mother, however, was speechless. She almost involuntarily uttered "I don't know."

"How about... Flutter? That sounds like a nice name, and it seems fitting for a Pegasus like her."

The mother had another idea. "How about Fluttershy?"

"Oh!" The nurse squealed with delight, slightly startling the baby. "What a cute name!"

Mere hours later, all the paperwork was filled out. Fluttershy now had a mother. On the way out, the mother was able to shed her false smile. Her look of disgust and even anger left Fluttershy undeterred, and as such she kept reaching her hooves out, desperate for a hug.

A hug was the one thing she didn't recieve all day.

Author's Note:

My sister (She wrote "The Other Side of the Diamond" and is known as Snowfu on this website) gave me a headcanon on what Fluttershy's past was like to make her so kind and yet so shy. Here it is in story form.