• Published 31st Dec 2014
  • 1,334 Views, 30 Comments

For You, Rainbow Dash! - UniqueSKD



Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo are the closest of ponies. They are practically sisterly figures to one another. Their bond is unbreakable, their loyalty to each other unquestionable. Right?

  • ...
7
 30
 1,334

Chapter Two

Scootaloo zoomed straight through the center of the checkpoint ring, flawlessly as though it was child's play. Her time spent in training under Rainbow Dash's wing that long but worthwhile month had helped to hone and perfect her accuracy with such obstacles. Clearing the trio of rings, there was nothing left to stop her from going straight to very last checkpoint of the race. Scootaloo allowed herself a quick glance over her wing at the other competitors, to see how close they had caught up to her during the past six minutes.

The other pegasus foals were not too far behind her, they were probably about a couple of yards give or take. Their faces displayed sheer dominating persistence, but there was the unmistakable hint of frustration and stress on their wings and bodies too. If the sounds of the crowd's wincing was anything to go by, Scootaloo had to guess some of the flyers behind her hadn't been nailing the perfect checkpoint fly-throughs like she had. Which only meant that just finishing this race now would certainly guarantee absolute victory.

The last checkpoint was quickly approaching Scootaloo when she returned her attention to what was in front of herself, and it was sheer luck that she managed to position herself in time to clear it straight through the middle of the ring. Scootaloo composed herself quickly after clearing it, sighing in relief that she hadn't messed up her flawless run at this crucial moment.With the last of the checkpoints cleared, now it was merely a matter of crossing the finish line and ending this challenge.

Scootaloo gave a mock salute to the competitors behind her, not caring much whether they saw it or not. "Here I come, Rainbow Dash!", Scootaloo yelled, and mustering every fiber of her remaining strength, she sped off ahead towards the finishing goal.

The crowd in the stands either side of Scootaloo roared with cheers and whistles as Scootaloo began to make her way towards the finishing line. The noise was incredible, and the applause built up excitement in the little filly. She couldn't resist holding in a smile and hoof-pumping the air, her confidence and cockiness now completely took over her.

The black-and-white exchequer banner was straight ahead of her. It was a clear path to victory. Scootaloo summoned all of her remaining strength, pushing every last fiber of energy into her little wings to push herself forward with great speed. She wanted to finish this race already so she could see Rainbow Dash at the podium.

As she got closer and closer to the finish line, something in the very corner of her eye got Scootaloo's attention, and she immediately turned her head to see what it was. There, in the crowd, with a widest smile Scootaloo had ever seen on her face, was Rainbow Dash. Her idol was waving her forelegs ecstatically, literally jumping up and down as though she had suddenly become Pinkie Pie. Somewhere within the cheering of the spectators, Scootaloo could just faintly hear Rainbow Dash's voice, repeating one word iover and over again in a chant; "Scootaloo!"

The filly's heart had never pounded so furiously before in her life as it was doing now. It had always been Scootaloo who cheered on her hero, and to see their roles reversed, with Rainbow Dash cheering for her instead, brought tears of joy to Scootaloo's eyes. This moment, this very moment, was perfect. The sound of the ponies save for the one who mattered suddenly seemed to die away, leaving Scootaloo with the sound of Rainbow Dash chanting her name in chorus. Scootaloo felt happy.

Rainbow Dash's joyful look suddenly turned into one of horror, oddly enough, though she continued to chant Scootaloo's name. The little filly gave a puzzled look.

She saw Rainbow Dash starting to call out to her, panic plastered all over her cyan face. Scootaloo continued to observe the odd behavior of her idol, trying to understand what was happening. She then noticed the rest of the crowd begin to follow suit, and look towards her with worried or horrified faces.

What's going on with them? Why are they looking at me like that? Scootaloo wondered to herself, starting to feel a little frightened. Then, Rainbow Dash started pointing at something.

When Scootaloo turned her head away to see what she was pointing at, it was already too late. During her distraction, Scootaloo had unknowingly veered to the side, moving away from passing the finish line. A immense pain surged all over her face as she collided muzzle-first into the wooden pole that held the finishing line banner up, and she collapsed onto the cloud bank in a daze.

"Arrrgh, damn it! Who put that pole in my way?" Scootaloo winced as she threw her hooves up to her face, her muzzle throbbing from the impact. Her hindlegs stamped down on the cloud beneath her as the painful throbbing began to intensify. Scootaloo thought she felt something pour from her nostrils. Fantastic. A nosebleed. So much for a photograph with the Wonderbolts then. "Stupid pole getting in my way of winning the...the..." Scootaloo trailed off before her eyes went wide with panic. "Shit! The race!"

She pushed all thought of her sore muzzle and quickly got her wings flapping. She was literally just a few inches from the finish line. All she had to do was cross it and...

A filly suddenly shot straight past Scootaloo, her little eyes clenched closed and a strained look on her face as she gave all there was worth into her wings and zooming past under the black and white banner before Scootaloo could so much as put one hoof across.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Author's Note:

Next chapter will be the last one.

Apologies for writing a short chapter here. But this wasn't going to be a long story from the start.

- UniqueSKD