• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 4,714 Views, 134 Comments

Bitten By a Dragon - FaelaArts



Spike bites Twilight in a fit of anger. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

  • ...
17
 134
 4,714

Four

Breathing in, Spike knocked on the door, holding the roses behind his back. As Rarity opened the door, Spike was relieved to see she wasn’t in her working outfit. That meant she didn’t have any current orders. Gulping down his fear, he mustered up all his courage, and squeaked out his answer.

“Hi R-Rarity, I was w-wondering if you would like to go to C-CANanterlot with me for the weekend. N-Not this weekend but the following. I booked a motel and-and a restaurant, and t-there’s also a th-theater we can go to if you-r-you are into that sort of thing.” Clenching his eyes shut, Spike forced himself to stand in place.

“Oh I’d love to Spikey Wikey, but I have some work to finish up.” Giving a reassuring smile, Rarity hoped Spike bought her lie. While the weekend did sound lovely, Rarity really didn’t want to hurt Spike. Even if it would have to be done eventually.

“Rarity please, I’ve been organising this for months, just so it can be perfect. I even got you flowers!” Presenting the flowers, Spike kept his eyes clenched shut, trying to keep his breathing from being too loud as he felt the rejection coming. There was no way Rarity would ever consider it, but he still had to try!

“Oh Spike…” Taking the flowers, Rarity guiltily looked toward the stiff dragon. So afraid of her response, he was already trying to prepare for her ‘no’. Sighing mentally, Rarity looked toward her boutique, remembering all the work Spike had done for her. Had she been using him like Twilight? Biting her lip, she gulped down her feelings, and smelled the roses.

“Alright Spike, if you insist.” To deny such generosity was something Rarity couldn’t do, not to Spike. After his and Twilight’s fight, she had dwelled more and more on her behavior toward him. Even if it meant she would lose her best assistant, she knew what she had to do. Gulping, she noticed the open shock on Spike’s features.

I’ll give him the weekend of his life before I let him down. It’s the most generous thing I can do in this situation, give him some fond memories of his first crush.’ Before she ripped the poor guy’s heart out. Wincing, Rarity shook her head, discarding her thoughts as Spike snapped out of his stupor.

“R-Really? Thank you! Seriously, you won’t regret this. I’ll pick you up friday morning, and we can spend the day shopping, or whatever you want, until dinner. I booked us at Chateau De Viola.” Grinning, Spike felt a buzzing in his chest as Rarity remembered the name.

“You mean that restaurant that takes months to make a reservation? How did you ever get us a seat?” Truly, Rarity couldn’t believe her eyes. Mouth open, she had a hoof covering her mouth as she realised Spike must have earned it all by himself.

“Well, I know a guy on the inside, and he agreed to help me book another table with a week’s advance notice so long as I allowed him to take the money from my cancellation because of your planned trip to Canterlot.” The soaring feeling in his chest, Spike had to glance to his shoulders and make sure he hadn’t sprouted wings.

“The trip…” Understanding dawned on Rarity, and she once more shook off her thoughts, giving Spike a warm smile as he left. Closing her door, she sighed, rubbing her forehead.

“I thought it was a little out of character, he’s been planning this for months hasn’t he.” Giving a sly smile, Rarity allowed herself a chuckle. The glow around Spike, it had been an inspiration for many dresses. Looking to her clothes, she found another spark sizzling through her brain.

“Well, I should look my best,” she spoke, picking up her tools and preparing to design the dress.


“Wow Twilight, you look terrible.” Raising an eyebrow, Rainbow Dash held the book in her wing, noticing the hair falling off Twilight whenever she scratched her legs. Watching another feather fall off her wing, Dash bit her lip.

“I’m fine, it’s just a little molting.” Holding out a hoof, Twilight took the money as Dash handed her it. Writing out the receipt, she handed it to Dash. Looking toward the book, she made a mental note to find a way to surprise Dash with a free book, one she couldn’t put a price on and repay her with.

“Twilight, Pegasi don’t...molt that much. We can lose feathers, yes, but when we do lose one it’s not in the amount you’re losing.” Concerned, Dash stepped inside, slowly brushing a hoof over Twilight’s wing. A rain of feathers fell, and Dash leapt back, wings flaring.

“Mother of Celestia, Twilight!” The wing was nearly completely devoid of feathers, and the fur falling off Twilight’s body was not a good sign either. Looking at her wing, Twilight gulped, before shaking it off.

“I’ll book an appointment with the doctor. I might have just caught a common disease due to me being a new Pegasus.” Giving a weak smile, Twilight followed Dash outside.

“O-Oh yeah! That might be it. You’re coming down with a jungle fever like Daring Do did in book-” Cutting Dash off, Twilight pointed to the book. Gasping, Dash quickly bid goodbye, rushing home to read it. Turning, Twilight walked back inside, writing a letter to send to the doctor.

“SHE SAID YES!” The door opening was accompanied by a loud shout, and Twilight chuckled. It was nice to hear Spike so happy. After all, he deserved to be happy. Hopefully Rarity found a kind way to let him down. Really, she didn’t want to see Spike cry again, it was too soon. Shaking her head, Twilight turned toward Spike.

“Good luck on your weekend, I’m sure you’ll be fine.” Bringing Spike into a hug as he leapt at her, she felt moisture cloud her eyes, and laughed. Had it really been so long since she’d seen Spike this happy? What a terrible pony she’d been. No, what a terrible friend.

'Well', she scolded herself, 'you’re going to make sure that you are never the cause of it again.'

Author's Note:

so I'll see you all next year when the next chapter happens