• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 1,783 Views, 13 Comments

The sleepless nights at Jack's house. - Jack-N-Walker



Jack, The seemingly only antisocial one, Has been losing sleep due to six nuisances visiting him during the night. How long will Jack last before the mane six get their 'prize' for catching him? Only time will tell.

  • ...
17
 13
 1,783

Not so lucky

After we had finished our dinner, and with a motion so quick I paid the bill, I held the door open for Luna. I still had not spoken a word since our kiss. 'Not the way I imagined, but hey maybe she was going to say something I don't know how females work,' Luna was speaking and I had snapped out of my trance. "What was that Luna? I'm sorry I was in my own little world for a minute there. Would you mind saying that one more time?" She nodded and spoke again.

"We were wondering if thou were willing to put thy gaming skills to use in a bet," She smiled that misleadingly innocent smile, I reluctantly agreed knowing that even if I tried to avoid it Luna would find a way to get me to place the bet with her. I decided that it was better to get it done and over with now, rather than later. As soon as Luna and I got home she jumped on the couch and turned on the system waiting for me to sit next to her.

"So if you win what do you get?" I knew she was up to something and I didn't like it. When ever she got these bright ideas they never end up going in my favor. I knew she had some trick up her metaphorical sleeve to pull on me and win the competition.

"We want thou to be our loyal servant for three hours starting when I win," I could not let this happen out of all the degrading humiliating things that Luna has done to me this will not happen.

"And if I win I want you to answer the few questions I have for you," She nodded in agreement after a few seconds and I tuned to face the T.V. this time she was in my element and nothing would stop me from winning, Soulcalibur 5, I had spent mindless hours in this game learning all of yoshimitsu's combos and attacks and even all his special moves. This had better pay off. We had both agreed on the first to score three out of five wins, gets their bet. After twenty minutes, various name calling, and many close calls I had won. "Don't feel bad Luna, I have poured over three hundred mindless hours into perfecting my character I have too much free time on my hands nowadays. Now the first question I have for you is why did you show up at my house....I was fine with my routine schedule of sleeping in the day and surviving by night,"

"We came to thy home because we saw what all of those nights 'surviving' was causing thou. Thou had begun pushing away any offer of help from anyone else, even Frost, thy best friend. We couldn't let this go on any longer. That night when we showed up at thy house we were there to stop all the madness but we can still resume it at command and when it starts, it cannot stop until the next morning,"

"Okay second question, Why are you having me take you on dates? I'm more than positive that there are nobles waiting in line for your hand in marriage. I mean I may be looking too far into this but it seems like you are trying to get closer and closer to me every day," by this point Luna knew she had been caught and she decided it was time to come clean.

"We did not want the mundane life cycle we had back in Canterlot and we also did not want to marry some noble because our sister wanted us to, Twilight Sparkle had once shown us a book. One containing a love story and we wanted a love that was as comedic and eventful as the one in the story," I smiled happy with the answers I had received and I spoke up.

"Luna if you wanted an eventful relationship I'm the last person to be on that list I sit at home all day and play games, with the occasional venture into town to get food and supplies. If anything Frost should have been top on that list he is he whole shebang. He has a job that requires him to go outside he actually goes into the Everfree forest to admire nature now with Fluttershy at his side, and he cooks, none of those things I do. I mean I have a job but i only have to go online and test games and develop them. I usually do it when you're out of the house doing your thing mainly shopping." I smiled and rested a hand on her shoulder. "Luna, I'm the last person you should be looking for in a relationship. You need someone who is as energetic as you someone with aspirations like yours. Then and only then will you find true happiness," I saw that she had tears in her eyes and I began to wipe them. "Luna, don't cry I only mean for you to be happy, even if that means I have to give up seeing daylight I will still remember the time we had by looking at the stars,"

"No! We do not want to see thou alone again. thou seems so happy with us. We do not want thou to be sad," I smile and ruffle up her hair a bit.

"You don't need to worry about me your happiness is the more important. I will be fine, just don't for-" She had been getting sadder and sadder with each word I spoke.

"No Jack, we can both be happy together thou doesn't need to make a sacrifice for everything," I shook my head as tears were beginning to form in my eyes and I pulled her into a hug knowing that it wouldn't make this situation any better and I spoke in a soft voice.

"Luna...You know I have enjoyed our time together but I want you to be happier, I want you to be able to achieve your dreams, and I want you to know that you deserve better than me. I would appreciate it if you kept our memories, but I understand if you want to forget our memories then that is fine," I smile, pull away, and kiss Luna's forehead. "You may be sad now but something tells me that in the near future you will be happier than ever before," She shook her head

"Jack we do not want to leave, we wish to stay and never leave," I smile and cover my face down to my nose with my hair as a sad smile creeps upon my face and a few tears drip down my cheek and to the floor. I swear I could feel time slow down as my tear fell to the floor and I ruffled Luna's hair once more, only this time it was slow and rhythmic. She smiled thinking that she had won but I pull my hand away and turn away.

"Luna, I want to help you become happy but I will bring nothing but sadness and pain. You need someone more energetic and adventurous than I. This means that I will return to the once reclusive state I was in but I want you to wipe all the memories of anyone who knew I was here. I'm moving to Manehattan, and I want you to make sure that every last memory of me being here is wiped from existence with the exception of mine, and if you would like to keep them, yours too. I'm sorry Luna...This is the way it has to be,"

"No Jack! It doesn't have to be this way..." Her tears had resumed streaming down her face further proving my point that I would only bring sadness and that she needed someone better. Noting that I could never return here I began packing my stuff as Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight all came in to the door to see me walking down the hall and an angry Luna with tears still streaming down her face. After thirty minutes or so of packing my stuff I returned to the living room carrying a few boxes with me and Pinkie spoke up.

"Where's Jack going?" That sad tone, and the way her hair deflated almost convinced me stay but knowing that I would only cause pain to them made me press on to take the boxes outside only to have a teal aura surround me and throw me into a wall twice.

I gasped in shock as I hit the wall and regained my composure after having the wind knocked out of me. "I...I get it...I'm...Leaving," I picked up all my scattered things and put the boxes outside. "One of us had to come to terms with this....I'm sorry it had to be me." I went back to the now empty room aside from the bed that was left there and a stack of boxes lining one wall. On my way down the hallway with a box full of computer monitors I was stopped by Luna standing in the way. "Luna....I understand that you don't want me to go but I'm not boyfriend material. I can't cook to save my life, I sit inside all day aside to get some sustenance such as food, drinks and other daily necessities, and to top that I am causing you to cry and me staying here will only cause you to cry more. The world may feel like it is crashing and it isn't worth living but know that you will find your special someone," I began to sidestep only for Luna to sidestep with me. "Luna, I don't have time for these childish games the movers will be here in a half an hour.

She smiled. "And what a shame if thou were to miss them. Then thou would have to stay," I had finally caused her to mentally snap...This wasn't good. Not at all what I thought was going to happen. "Applejack, Would thou kindly retrieve Jack's box from outside. I plan on convincing him to stay." The familiar teal aura surrounded me and carefully set the box on the ground as Applejack went to go get my box. "Jack, how could thou even think of leaving us....After all we've been through..." Tears began to form again. "We even shared out first kiss with thou...A gift we can never get back...We thought it would be enough to keep though from leaving....Apparently not, What more do you want from us Jack!! How can we earn your love!!"

"It isn't a matter of whether or not you can win my love. It is the fact that I'm not worthy to be in your presence at any given period in time. To put it shortly I'm not worthy of your love. I never was." I close my eyes and prepare for another impact with the wall but I was met with something more soft. I cautiously open my eyes to see Luna kissing me. Not a sight I expected to see. She looked as if she were going to have a mental breakdown if I pushed her away so I accepted it for now.

"Please stay Jack....We need you, All of us do."

Author's Note:

I have a couple things to say the first is that my winter break is over, sadly, and so I will be trying to post new chapters after 3:00 PM pacific time and second is the reason I haven't been posting new chapters recently is because I'm working on a new story.