• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 4,414 Views, 55 Comments

Healing - korrasami_is_canon



Fluttershy's been keeping all her feelings pent-up after the Tirek incident and is only now letting them out. Discord takes it upon himself to heal all the damage he caused her.

  • ...
7
 55
 4,414

A Picnic

Discord pulled the door just as Fluttershy was pushing it open. She didn’t notice him at first, adjusting the strap on her fluffy winter jacket, and almost bumped into him. She turned her head in time to notice him and backed up quickly, her eyes widening in surprise as she looked up at him, his widening in return. “Oh. Um, sorry, I didn’t think you’d be back so soon…” She lowered her gaze, adjusting the strap on the other side and picking up her pack by the door, laying it over her back.

Discord blinked away the surprised look on his face, trying to tone down the growing smile he hoped she hadn’t noticed. He was happy to see her feeling good enough to go out. Realizing he was blocking her path, he quickly stepped aside, “No need to be sorry, my dear, it’s nice to see you up. Going for a walk?” He was trying to be subtle in his question, but he was curious as to what had gotten her out of her cottage.

“Kind of. I was just going to go check on Angel… I-I know it’s silly, I mean, he’s still sleeping, and I know he’s okay and safe with all the other bunnies and I know he’s warm and dry and not cold but I…” her voice was getting increasingly quiet and she was pulling her head in to hide it behind her mane, her voice starting to tremble.

“You miss him. It’s fine Fluttershy, really. You’re a very sweet pony to worry about him,” Discord said, tucking part of her mane behind her ear and smirked slightly at her, “Though I do think you spoil him a bit too much.”

Her eyes widened at that, her mouth opening, about to protest, but stopped as she heard him start to chuckle. “M-maybe I do, just a little,” she smiled, thinking about him pointing at pages in her cook books, bounding over to her with a brush in his mouth, and nestling up in her covers at night instead of sleeping in his little bunny bed. He was a little spoiled, but he was still so very sweet and so very cute, and he did look after her when she needed it. Fluttershy wiped away a few tears and looked back up at Discord, “Do you want to come?”


Angel’s mound wasn’t very far away. In fact, it was rather close, just past all these… other mounds and burrows. They all looked the same to Discord, but Fluttershy was able to tell them all apart, commenting on which critters were sleeping where as they made their way past them all.

Fluttershy slowed as they approached the mound Angel was sleeping under, smiling softly at it before turning to Discord and whispering that Angel was sleeping in this one before shuffling away some snow. Discord pulled the blanket out of her pack he’d offered to carry and laid it down. He’d suggested they eat the food he’d made while they visit the burrow, Fluttershy happy at the idea as it meant she’d have more time to spend next to Angel. She had hoped to spend a while out here initially, but was worried she’d bother Discord if she took so long without him having anything to do and planned to shorten her visit. She nestled down on her blanket, happy for the company and being able to stay out longer without feeling guilty.

Glancing over at Discord as he settled down, her eyes widened slightly in worry. “Aren’t you cold? I could go get another blanket, the cottage isn’t far.”

“Hm? Oh, no my dear I’m perfectly fine; weather doesn’t affect me as much as you ponies. Besides, how could I let you head back to the cottage for something I can just magic up?” He stretched his arms out in front of him, his paw and claw fanning open like a cat before demonstrating with a snap. “Like so.” And a steaming pot of soup and batch of rolls appeared between them in a smoke of glitter.

Fluttershy gasped in awe, still impressed by his powers. She was used to him summoning things at a whim, but the touch of glitter that sprinkled down, shrinking to nothing before it touched the blanket, and all without the slightest of efforts, reminded her just how powerful he was. There probably wasn’t anything he couldn’t do, and here he was, magiking up soup with as much effort as it took to blink an eye. Just two weeks ago he’d turned half of Equestria upside down within a matter of days, and that was with him taking the time to enjoy all the changes. If he didn’t take the time to admire the spreading chaos, he’d probably have been able to turn half the world around in just as long…

“-uttershy? Fluttershy?” A waving claw in front of her face woke her from her daze. “What’s wrong?”

Fluttershy blinked a few times, attempting to regain control of her thoughts. “Discord?” Her voice sounded like an echo to her, like she hadn’t been the one who just spoke. She felt very far away just then.

“Can you tell me about yourself?”

Author's Note:

i sense an origin story coming up
not sure if i'm gonna go into full detail just yet, but it'll come up